Who's your favorite 'debriefer/host' in WDW???

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
LOL! Ok, this is going to be an odd question maybe, but I dont think anyone has ever asked it before. Who is your favorite debriefing/'host' character for an attraction???

For instance, Soarin has Patrick Wharburton-aka 'Putty' as our flight captain telling us all the instructions for the ride.

Mission:Space has Gary Sinise, Countdown to Extinction has Phylicia Rashad and that other guy. And of course there were some other familiar actors faces we knew but maybe didnt know there names; like the scientists on the Body Wars ride.

So, think of ALL the pre-shows and 'debriefing' characters we see on WDW rides and think of your favorite and tell us why. :sohappy:

loveofamouse

Well, I don't remember the actors for each one. lol

I like ToT's preshow. I used to like Star Tours. I can't wait to see the new version!

Larry Mondello

LOL! Ok, this is going to be an odd question maybe, but I dont think anyone has ever asked it before. Who is your favorite debriefing/'host' character for an attraction???

For instance, Soarin has Patrick Wharburton-aka 'Putty' as our flight captain telling us all the instructions for the ride.

Mission:Space has Gary Sinise, Countdown to Extinction has Phylicia Rashad and that other guy. And of course there were some other familiar actors faces we knew but maybe didnt know there names; like the scientists on the Body Wars ride.

So, think of ALL the pre-shows and 'debriefing' characters we see on WDW rides and think of your favorite and tell us why. :sohappy:

I think that they considered more of "briefer" than a "debriefer"

Patrick Wharburton, for sure... Although every time I hear his voice all I can think about is Joe Swanson from Family Guy.

John Michael Higgins for Test Track is another favorite.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Patrick Wharburton, for sure... Although every time I hear his voice all I can think about is Joe Swanson from Family Guy.

John Michael Higgins for Test Track is another favorite.

Yes, Patrick is one of my favorites too as well as the announcer on RnR, love his voice!

Larry Mondello

4439874563_3a627727f5.jpg

Matt and Kelly

Patrick Warburton in Soarin' is my favorite. I loved Seinfeld and his Puddy character was outstanding. He takes the win simply because of that.

zurgandfriend

Every time we ride Soarin and see Putty my son and I say to mom/wife "You stole my Jesus Fish!" My wife is a minister. She just groans.

DisneyPrincess5

What a fun question-I love the hosts! I love Patrick on Soarin, Rod Sterling on ToT, Hodges from CSI (can't remember his real name) from Dinosaur, Judi Dench on SSE, Ellen in Energy and of course Aerosmith on RnRC!!

Bravo 229

Stealing one of his lines from the ride, "Seeker here..." I'm not sure what his real name is, but Dr. Seeker, his delivery throughout the preshow and ride is hilarious!

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
I alos have to throw in Albert Awol from the Jungle Cruise. He's not really a host, but he keeps you entertained while you're in line.:sohappy:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Tim Curry at Alien Encounter...oh, wait, he's gone.

Ok, Don Rickles and Phil Hartman at the Tiki's...oh, wait, they're gone.

Robin Williams as Timekeeper...oh, crap, he's gone.

Robin Williams and Walter Cronkite at the Animation tour...shoot, gone as well.

Captain Otter at Body Wars...General Knowledge at Cranium Command...gone, gone.

That leaves me with Puddy, I guess, unless Mr. Potato Head at Toy Story Mania counts. Bill McKim at Test Track is OK as well.

Crockett

Banned
Does Morgan Freeman count for Hall Of Presidents? Or maybe he's just a briefer since he's the host, rather than a pre-briefer. Either way, if I had his voice, I'd brief my way to a very early, wealthy retirement. :cool:

My favorites in order: (if Morgan doesn't count. If he does, throw him in #1).

1. Gary Sinise from M:S
2. The Ghost Host from HM
3. Rod Sterling from ToT
4. Patrick Warburton from Soarin'
5. Phylicia Rashad from Dinosaur
6. Aerosmith from RnRC
7. Ellen Degeneres & Bill Nye from EEA
8. Eric Idle from the recently closed HISA
9. John Michael Higgins from Test Track
10. Those two birds by the fountain from Tiki Room

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom