Who else still calls it MGM Studios?

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
Just curious to see how many other pea brains there are out there like me who still call it MGM Studios only to be corrected repeatedly by cast members. I do not do it on purpose but I just can't ever seem to make the change in my head that it is now DHS... I miss the good ole' days!:hammer:

bjlc57

ITS MGM in My house.. that's the name it was given.. that's what its gonna be... I was at WDW during the soft opening.. but we were "afraid" that they wouldn't let us in.. too bad.. but we have been going to MGM ever since. and its my favorite park..

NORMNB8S

I find myself using both MGM and DHS. When I'm speaking to a Disney veteran, it's usually MGM. When I'm talking to a new Disney fan, I'll use DHS because that's what they usually know it as.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
This is GREAT!!! I thought I was the only one...especially when nobody else around me on the boat from yacht/beach club knows what the heck I am talking about when I say MGM. Thanks to all for throwing your hat in with me!

Wilt Dasney

I don't think CM's should be "correcting" people on this personally. There are probably a lot of people who intentionally use the old name because they prefer it, not because they just forgot the (lamer) new name.

HouCuseChickie

my parents still call it MGM- drives me nuts. :hammer:Our first trip was in Jan of 92- or maybe it was 91:confused:- so, our first experience there was definitely MGM, but I guess all of the reading with DHS as the reference has formally brainwashed me.

I still call it that and have to think a minute about what the new name is. I'm not too quick and it just doesn't stick...I'm a poet and don't know it. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:​

adv.bluedude

DHS will forever be MGM just as TTA will forever be the PeopleMover(though technically they already changed it back to the peoplemover)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom