Which would you rather have most......at DHS?

Which would you rather have most....at DHS?

• Star Wars land

Votes: 101 52.1%
  • Cars land

Votes: 38 19.6%
  • Replacement of Indy Jones show with Indy Jones ride

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • Muppets Ride (instead of 3D show)

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Updated/redone Backlot Studio Tour

Votes: 20 10.3%

• Total voters

DaveN1996

Star Wars land and an actual Indy attraction would be 1 and 1a for me...

2 would be transforming Pixar landing area into a complete pixar section with cars land, Monsters Inc attraction, etc (an incredibles coaster or virtual ride would be fun too).

3 (and I have 2 younger kids so that's where this comes from) give Disney jr something more than a show/meet greet.

danpam1024

Disney needs to start taking it to Universal. DHS needs to be the thrill park for Disney. My kids are 10 and 8 and we have a trip booked this December of which they're excited about but after that they want to do Uni because they can only ride Yeti, ToT and RnRC so many times.
once your kids graduate to Uni- they won't want to go back to WDW. Mine hasn't wanted to go since he was 8! I don't blame him, I like the thrill rides as well B)

erasure fan1

It has to be Star Wars land for me. Its something that they should have done years ago. Star Wars weekends are proof positive that the demand is there. The thought of a AAA state of the art Star Wars ride with crazy awesome AAs, makes my nerd meter explode. The problem with the studios is that Star Wars land would be a nice start but it would still need A LOT more.

wdwfan4ver

I think it needs very close to complete redo, but Star Wars Land would be good start.

I don't think DHS needs a whole land for cars as much as one attraction from that franchise for Pixar Place. My thinking is Pixar Place need rides or attraction from multiple Pixar movies such as an Incredibles attraction and a Monsters Inc. Coaster.

DinoInstitute

I think Indy ride, as pretty much just a start, because it would keep guests occupied durring an expansion, and it just seems like a perfect "background" ride i guess for a hollywood studios themed park

Also yah i guess i agree with others that it would be a good idea to take away the backlot tour to make a new pixar place, but on the other hand there's just something about the backlot tour that makes me want to keep it so badly...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
No question, Star Wars. Disney, you now OWN Lucas Films. Capitalize on it, PLEEEEEEESE!!!!! Something more than Star Tours and Star Wars Weekend. And if you are reading, please, please, please, please put the ORIGINAL theatrical releases of IV, V, VI out on Blu-Ray, in a boxed set if you don't mind.... I'm not asking for much.

Spike-in-Berlin

It's really a tough decision but at the moment I definitely would prefer an east coast Carsland. It would be nice to see a new Star Wars attraction though but I think it is early too build a complete "SW-Land" before the new trilogy has been completed.

Bairstow

It's really a tough decision but at the moment I definitely would prefer an east coast Carsland. It would be nice to see a new Star Wars attraction though but I think it is early too build a complete "SW-Land" before the new trilogy has been completed.

So they should wait until 2020 to design it?
Guess we can all make do with American Idol until then.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I guess I should have added another option: a re-vamping (entirely) of The Great Movie Ride. The basic gist and format would remain, but they can really switch out movie scenes and animatronic characters. After all, there are so many other movies and stars they could make use of.

Kuzcotopia

And if you are reading, please, please, please, please put the ORIGINAL theatrical releases of IV, V, VI out on Blu-Ray, in a boxed set if you don't mind.... I'm not asking for much.

My wallet just flew out of my pants.

When that day comes, if ever, I will be standing outside a Best Buy on a Monday at midnight to buy it. Surely they must know there is a global demand, right?

Spike-in-Berlin

So they should wait until 2020 to design it?
Guess we can all make do with American Idol until then.

If you search my other posts you will find a comment on the topic of American Idol Experience which I loathe so I find your unfriendly comment nothing less than inappropriate.
I also clearly stated that I would appreciate a major expansion, but not in the form of SWL but a east coast Carsland which would take at least 3-4 years to realize so between the opening of Carsland DHS and the final movie there would be less than 2 years. That's the topic of this discussion, sorry that I have a different opinion than you.

hull327

once your kids graduate to Uni- they won't want to go back to WDW. Mine hasn't wanted to go since he was 8! I don't blame him, I like the thrill rides as well B)
That's where we're at now. We've got a Disney trip scheduled for early December this year and my kids will be 10 and 8. They'll be super excited to go (it's still a secret to them) but they're already talking about Universal for their next trip after watching all the ride videos. Pretty sure this December will be our last WDW trip.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Maybe it's a pipe dream, but if they could somehow get actual production, for animation or otherwise, back over into the area, it'd be huge.

Also, I LOVE Cars Land at DCA, but I hope if they do have to bring it over to DHS that they don't completely copy that version. The world is far too rich and has far too much potential. Everyone who worked on anything in the Cars franchise seemed to love to expand the universe; bring in new characters, new worlds, etc. - remember that special feature on the Blu-Ray that gave a name and backstory to every single car in the movie, from Lightning himself to the fifth gray reporter that was only visible for two seconds? Remember the Storytellers series and the comics, and how they described the backstories of some of the main characters as well as giving them new stories in new places? I'm not saying it'd be a good idea for them to give said fifth gray reporter that was only visible for two seconds her own ride (or anything from Cars 2, for that matter...), just change things up a bit, put in a couple new rides. Or maybe I could just be a biased Cars fan talking out of his tailpipe. You be the judge.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My wallet just flew out of my pants.

When that day comes, if ever, I will be standing outside a Best Buy on a Monday at midnight to buy it. Surely they must know there is a global demand, right?

It was rumored when they bought Lucas Films that they would release the originals on Blu-ray. Since they do the whole "buy it before it goes back in the vault" to sucker another generation of parents to buy the classics, I can't imagine them not wanting to make MEGA bucks on IV, V, and VI (probably would put Frozen in the dust). But I also heard that after Lucas "enhanced" the original 3 films and re-released them in the theatres, he destroyed the master tapes.

I have a great idea to pitch - announce you are going to release the originals on Blu-ray and do it with a special event, during Star Wars Weekend, no less, at DHS with tickets and a premium edition you can buy ONLY at Star Wars Weekend - and if May 4th falls on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday the year you are planning on releasing them, do it THAT day. I'd consider selling my first born for that (don't worry, honey, I still love you ;)). Uni did it at HP for the release of Deathly Hallows 2, and with some of the cast present - it was packed.

roj2323

I say blow out everything from star tours to toy story aside from Muppets.

Install a monsters inc coaster in an expanded sound stage two. You could use the old corridors between the sound stages (2-4) if you wanted to be really creative.

Turn back lot express into the cantina.

Sounds Dangerous Evolves into jedi training academy.

Expand the endor theming that's in front of star tours all the way to sci fi drive in and expand Star wars into what was new york street. The new york street area would become the entrance to a rebel base where you would board a fighter and be launched into space (LIM coaster, Similar setup to Rockin roller coaster but shorter trains and a longer launch). The idea is you start in the base roll out to the "runway" and launch though the forest before being thrown into a upwards arc into space. The height of the building would be close to 150'. From there you would encounter enemies which forces you to spin flip dive and avoid enemy weapon fire. Having won the battle you hit hyper drive and "land" at a base on another planet. The beauty of this ride is the long launch and Hyper drive return. This keeps the ride profile low for a large enough area (most of new york street) that it would allow you to build another attraction over it.

Cars land would start around sound stage one and wrap around towards the Premier theater which is over by mama melrose. A version of Radiator springs racers would be placed over the launch area of the star wars coaster on the former new york street area. The cars land area would also be home to a new Cars themed Play area for the little ones and a few other small attractions. Lights motors Action would become an area for future development most likely sticking around rebranded as a Cars attraction. The beauty of placing cars land over the star wars roller coaster is the star wars ride building can be covered by the Cars desert plateau theming.

Muppets I don't know. Personally I love the theming but people just aren't as interested as they once were even with the new movies that came out recently. I think updating muppets 3D would be a worth wild investment (new 4 k projectors and new updated video) but I'm open to Ideas.

Back lot tour would not cease to exist but it would be very different. Backlot tour would go back to it's original starting place animation courtyard. The ride would start with going down stage lane to a drop off point where the water tank was previously for the prop building. Guests would proceed through the expanded building getting a guided tour then the guest would be picked up again at the old load area and proceed to catastrophe canyon. once they exit the canyon they would be taken through the wardrobe building in the reverse direction it currently travels and be returned to the starting point. Load and unload would be handled in the same location. Exiting guests could continue into the animation building or exit.

The Great movie Ride would get updated and there would be a complete overhaul of the munchkins and the witch. Several scenes would be replaced with different movies.

The BAH would be relocated outside the park entrance.

American Idol would be replaced with a comedy show Something like Whose_Line_Is_It_Anyway

Ok i'm done. It will never happen but man would it be cool.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I said muppets ride because star wars deserves a whole park.

Yeah, a park to itself. Take Roj's ideas above and make them an entire park. I'd be there every weekend....in Star Wars heaven. Surely Disney is aware of the enormous draw (i.e. money) such a park would generate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom