which would you choose? advice please!

octoberbarry

Hi all,

We could either go this year for a week in sept. - 2-9 - with free dining, pofq...already booked...or go for a week in dec. - could be anytime between thanksgiving and christmas, to avoid the crowds on either side - and camp in fw with dining for the same price. Which would you do? Strong feelings either way? Better weeks in early Dec. if we go that way? The floor is open to debate. Thanks!!!

YankeeMouse

If you have never been to all the Christmas festivities and decorations, you have to go. Last year it was 89 degrees on Dec 2 and we used the pool a lot! Sept is fine, but you get so many extras in December, you should try it at least once. We tried it 3 years ago and have been going every year since and have this year booked. It's more magical than usual!

Upvote 0

cpeters

I would say Sept. We went 2 years ago in Sept. and the crowds were not bad at all. We did not have to wait in line for any rides. Dec. is going to be insane. It is the most crowded time of the year.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would say Sept. We went 2 years ago in Sept. and the crowds were not bad at all. We did not have to wait in line for any rides. Dec. is going to be insane. It is the most crowded time of the year.
Just FYI the first 2 weeks of December are amongst the slowest times of the year. September is only slightly less crowded.

Upvote 0

imamouse

If you have never been to all the Christmas festivities and decorations, you have to go. Last year it was 89 degrees on Dec 2 and we used the pool a lot! Sept is fine, but you get so many extras in December, you should try it at least once. We tried it 3 years ago and have been going every year since and have this year booked. It's more magical than usual!

Well said - my thoughts exactly.

Upvote 0

nmj91385

I would go with the trip you already have booked. I like POFQ. It's not too busy of a time, due to everybody being back to school. You may catch the tail end of Labor Day crowds, but it shouldn't be too bad. The weather may be a little on the warmer side.

If you want to see the holiday decorations however, then i would wait until later.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I vote December. 3 of my last 5 trips have come during the first 2 weeks of December, it is an excellent time to go. You will have all the Christmas festivities in full swing, the parks look gorgeous with all the decorations they add. The weather is about perfect, and everyone seems to be generally happier that time of the year. Disney has a special something extra during the Christmas season that you can not experience any other time of the year. It is my favorite time to go!

Upvote 0

ELopez

I would say December. The weather is great. The first week of September is so hot & humid. We go that week many years, but have moved this year's trip to October.

I think the crowds are better the beginning of Dec (rather than Sept), although they are both pretty good times to go. That week is Labor Day week (which only has a slight effect usually), and free dining has a small impact, as well.

Also, September has love bugs!

If you postpone your trip, you could have a few more months to save up for a hotel, if you like! You could even make it the family's Christmas gift! Have fun!!

Upvote 0

mickey7879

We are planning on driving down from Maine a few days before Thanksgiving but won't go into Disney until after the Thanksgiving rush of people have left. We'll be gone about a month, taking our time driving down and back since our now 9 month old will be traveling with us. We are looking to book a DVC resort through Interval, but if not we'll stay off property. Either way we'll have to do our dining seperate and cook at our resort to save money.

We usually go to Disney right after Thanksgiving.

Our favorite time of year to go with the decorations and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! This year we plan on going to 2 of the parties, once with our baby and mother in law and once just buy ourselves.

Coming from Maine, we don't mind the cooler weather since it's already going to be warmer than what we were leaving behind!

Upvote 0

jestrfyl

"Tryin' to Reason with Hurricane Season", sings Jimmy Buffett

The September dates you listed are the very height of Hurricane season. Sept 10 is the peak day, with the most storms happening within a few days of that date. That being said, the reason it is so cheap is that the weather is so unpredictable. Count on afternoon downpours with significant lightning and wind (the tourist bureau doesn't mention that FL is the lightning "capitol" of the country, and one of the worst in the world - all this time of year). But the mornings are great and the evenings are usually pleasant.

Aside from that, WDW at Christmas is astounding. No one does it as big or as well. Each park has its own Big Spectacular (well, AK may not) Holiday event. The crowds are the biggest of the year (except New Years Day morning - its great then), but the lines are manageable, the weather is usually terrific, and the decorations are simply the best.

Choose wisely!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom