Which WDW tour do you recommend?

My family and I have just planned a new trip to WDW in July!!!! :sohappy: since nothing is new since our last visit and I have already been to Disneyland twice this year we figured we didn't really need to spend everyday at the parks and we wanted to do things we have never done before. We never have experienced any of the WDW tours (besides the segway tour at Epcot). So the question is... Which WDW tour would you recommend? We only plan on doing one this trip and we want to pick the best! Thank You! :wave:

DisneyWall-E

DW and I have only done the Dolphins in Depth tour and we loved it. I think it was 3 hours. But, FYI you only spend about 30 minutes in the water with the dolphins, the rest of the time you are on a tour backstage of the Seas w/ Nemo. No one in our group got bored at any time though. It was a great experience and I would tell everyone that they should go on it.

Upvote 0
Keys to the Kingdom

You can't beat the experience to be had with Keys to the Kingdom...delightful tourguides with lots of trivia info...if you ask a real stumper early on they will get the answer by the end of the tour. They give you a one of a KTTK gift pin.

Upvote 0

I-Miss-Horizons

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses! I have a question about the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Do they still take you underneath the Magic Kingdom? I thought I heard somewhere that they don't do it anymore.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

My mom and I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour in november and it was amazing!!

Yes, they do take you under in the utilidors. Very neat!

Definately worth doing. If you have Matthew, you are in for a treat, he was absolutely so passionate about MK, and his job...he truly made the experience amazing. We did the 8am tour (first one of the day), and it ends around 1:30-2pm. They give you lunch at the Columbia Harbor House (my fave!!!) and your seated in a private room that is upstairs and roped off. It was the highlight our trip!

Upvote 0

elcodfish

I loved Keys to the kingdom, you get to go behind the scenes and learn some inside imformation and you get to line jump a couple of rides...

I did the Wild by design tour at the AK a couple springs ago and really liked that as well. You get in before the park opens which is spectacular, you don't go behind the scenes, but you get a nice little continental breakfast and you get to learn about how the park was built and what makes it special. AK is my favorite park, and it made me appreciate it more, and I think for those who aren't too keen on the park, it will help them along. When we went, it was just my husband and I and another couple and it was very intimate and amazing!

Upvote 0

NCFire1

Keys to the Kingdom tour

How do you book a tour and how much does it cost? That would be a great time to be able to see MK underneath. We've never done a tour.. but have some extra time this next trip in December during Christmas.

Thanks!! sounds like fun!

Upvote 0
If you have an interest in animals, I would recommend the Backstage Safari tour in AK. We have done it several times. You get to see backstage areas and some animals (we got to pet a white rhino several years ago!), and also get your own safari tour. Tour participants do have to be 16 years old.

Upvote 0

Cap10_Mickey

I'm probably a little late with this one, but if you like trains - don't forget the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour. It's a lot of fun, you get into MK before the park opens, take a ride on one of the locomotives around the main line. Then you get to ride back into the roundhouse. They then take you in groups of 2-3 depending o nthe locomotive and show you completely through the cab. Again, great stuff if you're a train fan. Lots of fun and very reasonabe price-wise.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
If you have an interest in animals, I would recommend the Backstage Safari tour in AK. We have done it several times. You get to see backstage areas and some animals (we got to pet a white rhino several years ago!), and also get your own safari tour. Tour participants do have to be 16 years old.
Didn't know about this tour! Sounds like tons of fun. Thanks for sharing! :D

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Keys to the Kingdom tour was awesome - can't imagine anything better. We loved the Segway tour too - but you've done that. Friends of ours did the Epcot Future World tour & said it was great, full of all kinds of little secrets. :)

Upvote 0

lcsrig

we did the behind the steam trains on may 27th. we really enjoyed seeing the train yard and monorail "garage"! the information that George had was priceless. for me, the disney freak, being at MK before the park opened and getting to see it all empty was amazing. its what ya dream about but never get to see.
guess ive got to book the keys tour now!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom