Which upcoming Walt Disney World attraction are you most excited for?

Which attraction are you most excited for?

• Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Votes: 54 20.7%
  • Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

Votes: 97 37.2%
  • Ratatouille

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Tron Lightcycle Power Run

Votes: 47 18.0%
  • None. But I'm totally excited for Universal's Harry Potter roller coaster

Votes: 9 3.4%

• Total voters

BlakeW39

I agree on the more opportunities to roam in new places. I hope Animal Kingdom gets a good new attraction (NOT a overlay @Dinosaur with Indiana Jones) before 2021.

I hope it does. It would be sad to see DAK left out for the 50th. A replacement for Dinorama or a thrill ride in Africa would suffice.

justintheharris

Original Poster
I hope it does. It would be sad to see DAK left out for the 50th. A replacement for Dinorama or a thrill ride in Africa would suffice.
Well Everest already has three very nice thrill attractions (four if you count Kali River Rapids) and maybe a well-done dark ride would be fine. Maybe The Jungle Book in Asia?

BlakeW39

I totally meant to say Animal Kingdom........ I think Expedition Everest, Flight of Passage and Dinosaur satisfy the thrill necessities of the park for now. A nice dark ride (similar to Fantasyland ones) would be great.

Oh I gotchu. I mean you're right, but I would rather have a thrill ride, and so does the general publuc from my experience. But I would say an update to Kali and Na'Vi might also help. If we get another slow ride in Asia, I'd really like an Asian safari rather than a Jungle Book dark ride. Idk if JB would fit tbh

RaveOnEd

Since I have been and always will be a fan of the original Disney Mickey shorts, I'm most excited for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway! Animation in the style of the original shorts, Mickey and trains. I'm in!

Galaxy's Edge would be a close second for me, but sometimes it feels like there's a bit of Star Wars overload and I'm not in a rush to see it when it opens. On a related note, Galaxy's Edge sounds more Star Trek than Star Wars to me...

DisneyFreak

Because Future World is about exploring future possibilities and technological innovations. Hence why it's called "FUTURE WORLD".

Here's the original lineup:
Spaceship Earth - Communications
Communicore - Future Communities
The Living Seas - Deep Sea Exploration
The Land - Conservation, Agriculture, Food Production
Journey Into Imagination - Math, Art, Science, Literature, and the Performing Arts
World of Motion - Transportation
Universe of Energy - Energy Sources, Fossil Fuels, and Transitioning to Renewables

And the crown jewel of Future World:
Horizons - Tying together every other pavilion into a coherent story.
(yes I do realize that I didn't mention Wonders of Life....but that wasn't in the original lineup. It didn't come about until 1989.

This is essentially going to be dumbing down Future World even more. Which is really quite sad.

Especially when you realize that GotG will essentially be Rock n Roller Coaster, but instead of Aerosmith, it's going to be set to the tune of a bunch of AM Gold one-hit wonders like Blue Swede and Jay & The Americans.

(I had no idea who these guys were. I thought the song was by Roy Orbison.

They ought to just go ahead and call that section of the park "DHS Backwash World".

Disney is removing the "theme" out of Theme Park.

crxbrett

I voted Galaxy's Edge since I have been a Star Wars fanboy my whole life. But honestly, i am looking forward to all of them with varying degrees of geeky excitement!

If I had to rate my level of enthusiasm and excitement for each one on a scale of 1 - 10, I'd rate 'em:

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge a 10
TRON a 9
Guardians of the Galaxy an 8
Ratatouille an 8
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway an 8

justintheharris

Original Poster
Disney is removing the "theme" out of Theme Park.

That's not true. In reality, here's the themes of each park:
Magic Kingdom - All things Disney
EPCOT - The world in which we live (the technology and the culture)
Hollywood Studios - Movies
Animal Kingdom - Conservation

In all actuality, Hollywood Studios is simply taking a new approach to its theme of movies while EPCOT is seeking to incorporate more Disney characters into the park. In 5 years, EPCOT will almost certainly be the least attended park. EPCOT NEEDED to change. It is generally accepted as boring and dated and severely lacking attractions. Ever notice that Disney has a pass for only EPCOT after 4 pm? Or that they have a festival every 5 seconds? Even if they have to invent new ones? It's because Disney knows how bad of a position EPCOT is in right now and are doing literally anything to get people into EPCOT. Every park needs to change to keep up with the current times and EPCOT has needed to change more than any other park.

BlakeW39

That's not true. In reality, here's the themes of each park:
Magic Kingdom - All things Disney
EPCOT - The world in which we live (the technology and the culture)
Hollywood Studios - Movies
Animal Kingdom - Conservation

In all actuality, Hollywood Studios is simply taking a new approach to its theme of movies while EPCOT is seeking to incorporate more Disney characters into the park. In 5 years, EPCOT will almost certainly be the least attended park. EPCOT NEEDED to change. It is generally accepted as boring and dated and severely lacking attractions. Ever notice that Disney has a pass for only EPCOT after 4 pm? Or that they have a festival every 5 seconds? Even if they have to invent new ones? It's because Disney knows how bad of a position EPCOT is in right now and are doing literally anything to get people into EPCOT. Every park needs to change to keep up with the current times and EPCOT has needed to change more than any other park.

I feel as if:

Magic Kingdom - wonder and magic; all that we feel is awe inspiring and wonderous, an escape from the reality that we know into a world of pure magic amd happiness.

Epcot - society; all that is human and what makes us human, our rich culture and our great mind, progressing to a brighter tomorrow.

Disney's Hollywood Studios - the cinema; the celebration of the films that have impacted our culture and continue to affect our society and our lives

Disney's Animal Kingdom - nature and life; the intrinsic and superior value of nature, the wonder of life in its beauty, the thrill in the adventure and exploration of the natural world, and a call to action in conservation.

Last edited:

justintheharris

Original Poster
I feel as if:

Magic Kingdom - wonder and magic; all that we feel is awe inspiring and wonderous, an escape from the reality that we know into a world of pure magic amd happiness.

Epcot - society; all that is human and what makes us human our culture and our mind, progressing to a brighter tomorrow.

Disney's Hollywood Studios - the cinema; the celebration of the films that have impacted our culture and continue to affect our society and our lives

Disney's Animal Kingdom - nature and life; the intrinsic and superior value of nature, the wonder of life in its beauty, the thrill in the adventure and exploration of the natural world, and a call to action in conservation.

I just wanted to boil it down to a few words but that’s probably a more specific and accurate way to phrase it.

FettFan

Epcot - society; all that is human and what makes us human our culture and our mind, progressing to a brighter tomorrow.

Bingo. It's about building exploring community and understanding the world in which we live.
Let's face it...most Americans will probably never travel outside of the country. According to this BBC article, only 40% of the population has a passport.
And while the Internet is a great tool, it will never fully replace actual interaction with other people.

That's why Epcot is so important....and why it needs more countries (which thankfully we got with Equatorial Africa being represented in the Harambe Village and Marketplace and India with the town of Anandapur at Animal Kingdom).

<---- Still waiting for the Spain Pavilion.
4186.P2WS_2D00_4.jpg

Sadly, with the way world politics are going, I doubt Israel and Russia will ever escape Disney Limbo.

BlakeW39

Bingo. It's about building exploring community and understanding the world in which we live.
Let's face it...most Americans will probably never travel outside of the country. According to this BBC article, only 40% of the population has a passport.
And while the Internet is a great tool, it will never fully replace actual interaction with other people.

That's why Epcot is so important....and why it needs more countries (which thankfully we got with Equatorial Africa being represented in the Harambe Village and Marketplace and India with the town of Anandapur at Animal Kingdom).

<---- Still waiting for the Spain Pavilion.
4186.P2WS_2D00_4.jpg

Sadly, with the way world politics are going, I doubt Israel and Russia will ever escape Disney Limbo.

;)

I would love for them to add a Spain, South Africa, Brazil, and India in Epcot, as well as a future world that isn't such a look into the past lol.

geekza

I think the Mickey ride has potential, even though I will miss the GMR terribly. Initially, when I thought it was 100% screen-based, I was totally against it. However, after seeing what they are going for with the test scene picture that is online, I'm a little more optimistic. The scenery is mostly physical, with the screens being used for character animation and effects. It really looks to be an evolution of dark rides. While I will always prefer AA figures in a dark ride, they have my attention.

Guardians has no place in EPCOT, but Disney has made it clear that Future World is gone for good. Also, EPCOT Center was certainly not boring in the least. It was spectacular in its day.

Raineman

So, a thread about people's most anticipated new attraction includes some people dumping on said new attractions-that are not even completed or open yet. Par for the course for this forum lately, I guess, but it must be easy for some people to judge new things without having experienced them, right?
Anyway, to answer the question, for me it's SW:GE, specifically the Millenium Falcon attraction. I've daydreamed about piloting the Falcon since I was a kid, and now it looks like I'll get that simulated opportunity. Looking forward to riding all of the other planned attractions, too, TBH.

erasure fan1

I voted galaxies edge. For one, I LOVE star wars. And 2nd, I am hoping this is the land that really restores my faith that Disney can do more than just a land that looks great. NFL, was Meh, looks great but the attractions fall a bit short. Avatar looks amazing and has one stupendous ride and 1 meh ride. Toy story is what it is. A basic land to add some family friendly filler. Star wars needs to be that Oh My God land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom