Which park takes the least amount of time to see?

LarryStoken

Original Poster
If you were planning a half day for one of the parks which would it be?

One of those days where you go to the park in the morning and then spend the rest of the day at the hotel pool just chillin and relaxing. Kind of an off day within a hectic vacation.

I'm thinking MGM or Animal Kingdom for the half day

_Scar

Hollywood Studios IMO

Animal Kingdom has 3 very large trails to add to the 2 shows and 4 e-tickets.

wdwwdeagle

You're planning to spend the rest of the day at the pool?

Then definitely AK. It gets so darn hot there in the middle of the day, I always get to the point that I can't wait to leave to get back to the pool. Plus, you can ride Kali just before you leave the park, as a little appetizer for the pool.

djpoore94

For us it is DHS for sure. At AK I like to take my time on the trails watching all of the animals, plus the last time we saw both shows for the first time and those are must do on my list now, where as with the exception of Fantasmic I really don't care if I see any of the shows at DHS.

LarryStoken

Original Poster
You're planning to spend the rest of the day at the pool?

Then definitely AK. It gets so darn hot there in the middle of the day, I always get to the point that I can't wait to leave to get back to the pool. Plus, you can ride Kali just before you leave the park, as a little appetizer for the pool.
We will be there in mid November. Central Florida summer will have lost its intensity by then.

monkeysammich

Really it depends on what you enjoy doing... if you arent into walking the trails and seeing the animals... just hit up the rides at DAK and then go to the pool. Otherwise, I'd say go to DHS and get your fill and be off.

EPCOTPluto

If you want to see/ride everything possible, I would also have to say DHS.

But technically, there's more than most people realized, especially all the details. :)

cblodg

This is a tough one. Alhtough there isn't much to do in DHS, we do find ourselves spending more time there than AK. Partially because AK is my family's least favorite park. We do a couple of things at AK (Safari, TTBAB, FoTLK, KRR) and maybe the new Nemo Musical, other than that, we're out shortly after lunch.

sparky03

If you're like me and not into shows, you can breeze through DHS in half a day. If you like to make a point to see the shows, then obviously you'll spend quite a bit more time there.

krankenstein

If you plan on seeing all the shows and parades, DHS will take longer than DAK. If you are just going for the major headliners, DAK will take longer.

rkelly42

Wow, I thought this would have been more against the AK. I agree with the consensus so far with saying DHS. There are only a couple of rides I enjoy there and the shows are old to me.

RonAnnArbor

I think this one depends on the age group you are going with.

IF you are going with adults, you will find much more to do at DHS than at DAK. I have never spent more than 3 hours at DAK, and even that is pressing the outer limit of how much I can tolerate there.

At DHS, some of the shows don't even start until the afternoon -- the car stunt show starts in the afternoon; at entry time you can fastpass either Tower of Terror or RockN Roller coaster -- but by that point, if you want to do the other e-ticket, Toy Story Midway Mania, your return time isn't going to be until after 2:00 even if you get a pass by 10 am...The Tram Tour itself takes nearly an hour -- my all time favorite Muppet Movie 3D adds another half hour....I can spend all day at DHS, I can't at DAK.

DAK doesn't hold my interest. I love animals, but there aren't enough of them there to see. You can do every single major attraction minus shows by 11:00, and then even get in one of the shows and be out by noon -- or TWO shows and be out by 1:00 and at your pool by 1:30 --

panther726

For me, it's easily Animal Kingdom. However, we never spend time looking at all the trails and animals.

DHS, has more to do attraction wise.

_Scar

Contrary to popular belief, it does get hot in November... DAK will be hot. DAK has a water ride, DHS doesn't soo.... yah. DHS still.

Cindy'sBruno

dhs's attractions take less time to do. ak has the animal trails like others have said. they take longer. but it is personal preference you know

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom