Which park takes the least amount of time to see?

Ariel484

Really it depends on what you enjoy doing...
I agree, it depends on you and what rides/experiences you prefer. For us, DHS is a half-day or less park. We HAVE to ride ToT (multiple times :lookaroun), RnRC and TSMM. Other than that it's hit or miss for us. On the other hand, we could easily spend a day or more in DAK. Depends on what you like.

disney4life2008

Hollywood Studios. This past May (solo), I was able to complete the attractions I wanted to visit (the main attractions and 1 show) by noon. Of course this was an EMH Morning day so I was able to complete Toy Story, ToT, RnRC and Ariel by 9am. I usually leave around 1pm and go back to the hotel to relax and return in the evening for AI & Fantasmic!

Animal Kingdom: I can honestly complete by 2pm (on a non EMH morning day). The main things I like to do is the Safari, KRR, EE, Finding Nemo & Lion King (A MUST!!!!!!) and walk around to take in the beauty of the park. I do not have to touch Dinoland USA (I like Countdown to E but every time I get on - it breaks down).

Lucille

I think this one depends on the age group you are going with.

IF you are going with adults, you will find much more to do at DHS than at DAK. I have never spent more than 3 hours at DAK, and even that is pressing the outer limit of how much I can tolerate there.

At DHS, some of the shows don't even start until the afternoon -- the car stunt show starts in the afternoon; at entry time you can fastpass either Tower of Terror or RockN Roller coaster -- but by that point, if you want to do the other e-ticket, Toy Story Midway Mania, your return time isn't going to be until after 2:00 even if you get a pass by 10 am...The Tram Tour itself takes nearly an hour -- my all time favorite Muppet Movie 3D adds another half hour....I can spend all day at DHS, I can't at DAK.

DAK doesn't hold my interest. I love animals, but there aren't enough of them there to see. You can do every single major attraction minus shows by 11:00, and then even get in one of the shows and be out by noon -- or TWO shows and be out by 1:00 and at your pool by 1:30 --

We found much more to do at AK than DHS when we went. We're just two adults, no kids.

dhs's attractions take less time to do. ak has the animal trails like others have said. they take longer. but it is personal preference you know

Definitely a personal preference.

On our next trip, all we really plan to do at DHS is RnRC (maybe a couple times,) Toy Story Mania, ToT (I hate it but I might go on it once for my husband,) Backlot tour, Star Tours (although we could take it or leave it since we've been on it a bunch at DL), and then we'll probably watch the stunt show. Maybe the little mermaid show (if it's even there anymore.) All of that really wouldn't take very long, especially in January. I doubt we'll spend a full day at DHS.

wdwmomof3

My vote for a half a day park would be Animal Kingdom. We can see everything that we want to see, and it's most of the park, by like 2:00.

I used to think that HS would be a half day park but it has made it to a full day park for us. We did a few things this time that we had never done before, such as the art class where they teach you how to draw a Disney character and One Mans Dream, and found them fun and interesting. Now with AI and TSM, it has really added some time to the day there. Then there are our favorites too so it takes us a while now, and thats a good thing. :)

Susan Savia

AK - Since we've walked the park numerous times, on our last few visits to it, we've just taken a ride on the Safari and Dinosaur, checked out some shops and left.

sparky03

I think I always spend longer in DAK than DHS not because DAK necessarily has more rides and attractions that interest me over DHS, but more because I simply like DAK's ambience a better. DAK is a beautiful park and it's the kind of place I like to go and sit and enjoy the scenery. Much the same way I feel about WS in Epcot.

DHS doesn't really hold my interest in that way. I go, I see the handful of attractions I want to see, and then leave. There's nothing aesthetically about DHS that entices me to hang around.

bgraham34

DAk is always the park I spend the least amount of time in then DHS. But I think DHS has more overall to do than DAK.

dznygirl64

Go to AK ,we ride Everest a couple time then leave we have done everything there so many times I almost cant stand the park anymore.Seen one zebras rear youve seen them all.

Eyorefan

I can see both sides of this one. PERSONALLY... Both are half day parks. I have a really nice zoo in my hometown so the animal trails at DAK do nothing for me.

Also I have been to DHS multipule times in the last 20 years so none of the shows (except Fantasmic) are a must do for me.

WDW 3

Agree 100% with the "depends on what you like to do" we easily spend a couple partial days at both parks. We like to do evening EMH at each park and part of a day too.

Mansion Butler

I think I always spend longer in DAK than DHS not because DAK necessarily has more rides and attractions that interest me over DHS, but more because I simply like DAK's ambience a better. DAK is a beautiful park and it's the kind of place I like to go and sit and enjoy the scenery. Much the same way I feel about WS in Epcot.
Yup. It's not and shouldn't be all about sheer attraction totals.

ClownBaby

Disney Hollywood Studios is easily a half day park.

I could do two days at the other ones especially Animal Kingdom. There is so much to see unless you only do each ride once and ignore everything that doesn't have a lap bar. I can see how a lot of people can be bored with AK since people seem to walk past a lot of the stuff there. Some people might not even be aware that they have animals there. Pretty much all of the crowds I saw when I was last there were at the food areas and waiting for Kilimanjaro Safari.

Cynderella

I say MGM...and yes I meant MGM because that's what it will always be called in my family.....it is just such a boring park to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom