Which park need to really expand?

which Disney park needs to really expand?

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Epcot

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Hollywood Studios

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 58 57.4%
  • Disneyland Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • California Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Definitely AK. MK is getting expanded as we speak, EPCOT is huge already but could do with a few new attractions. I guess DHS should get some more attractions and space, too. But I think AK needs it the most. They are thinking of creating a new land between Rafiki's Planet Watch and Asia but not sure what it is.

spectromagic04

I think it should be Animal Kingdom. There so many options Australia, Russia, china and beastly Kingdom. I just dont think we will see an expansion any time soon.

Walt Disney1955

AK for sure, its a nice park but it's really hard to get around in there. I know nothing can be perfect like the hub in MK but still. A dark ride is desperately needed in AK

captainkidd

I don't think many people really take AK for what it is. People just seem to want rides, rides, rides. If that's the case, then AK won't be your favorite park. As for expansion, it's already the largest Disney park by a long shot. Even as far as rides, it has as mnay as DHS:

Dinosaur
Everest
Kali
Kiliminjaro Safaris
Triceratop Spin
Primeval Whirl

I think if any park needs expansion it's the Studios. They have more buildings of wasted space than any other park. And in comparison with it's "rival" park, Universal Studios, it's a joke.

tiaragirl

I never truly appreciated AK until our last trip.. I kind of like how it is more focused on atmosphere/details and nature. It IS a huge park, and stuff COULD be added, but I think DHS needs more, sooner.

wvdisneyfamily

I voted Animal Kingdom because when we went with our son last year, there wasn't a whole lot he could do. I know he was only 9 months, but even at Epcot and MK he had plenty to do. DHS also lacks in the little kid department, but there is a lot more than AK.
AK also doesn't have a lot for expectant mothers either. Tough to be a Bug and the walking trails. The safari was out for me because the doctor said it was a little bit rough.

Lucky

I don't think many people really take AK for what it is. People just seem to want rides, rides, rides. If that's the case, then AK won't be your favorite park. As for expansion, it's already the largest Disney park by a long shot. Even as far as rides, it has as mnay as DHS:

Dinosaur
Everest
Kali
Kiliminjaro Safaris
Triceratop Spin
Primeval Whirl

I think if any park needs expansion it's the Studios. They have more buildings of wasted space than any other park. And in comparison with it's "rival" park, Universal Studios, it's a joke.
I agree with you on AK, but if it's about adding more attractions consistent with the quality of what's already there, I'd prefer adding more to AK. DHS needs to upgrade their use of the already-developed space. If expanding just means more attractions like LMA, Indy stunt show, Movie Ride etc. there's not much point.

New2WDW

I voted AK but it is only slightly ahead of DHS in my mind. They both need more to attract guests and keep them there.

wolf359

Hollywood Studios is an easy choice for me.

Every other park holds my attention and keeps me entertained, even excited just to be there. The rides, the shows, the restaurants, and even just the sense of being in a special place all add up to something greater than the sum of the parts.

Except Hollywood Studios. It definitely needs more attractions but its theme and sense of place has become so disjointed and eroded over time it lacks the level of magic all of the other parks have in abundance.

Mukta

I don't think many people really take AK for what it is. People just seem to want rides, rides, rides. If that's the case, then AK won't be your favorite park.

This
I never truly appreciated AK until our last trip.. I kind of like how it is more focused on atmosphere/details and nature. It IS a huge park, and stuff COULD be added, but I think DHS needs more, sooner.

This
Hollywood Studios is an easy choice for me.

Every other park holds my attention and keeps me entertained, even excited just to be there. The rides, the shows, the restaurants, and even just the sense of being in a special place all add up to something greater than the sum of the parts.

Except Hollywood Studios. It definitely needs more attractions but its theme and sense of place has become so disjointed and eroded over time it lacks the level of magic all of the other parks have in abundance.
And this. DHS gets my vote as well.

jt04

I voted AK but it is only slightly ahead of DHS in my mind. They both need more to attract guests and keep them there.

This.

DAK most needs a large land towards the front of the park that can stay open late. It would need plenty of indoor attractions that have the ability to absorb large crowds in the evening hours. It seems to me the park is being developed so that Everest towards Dinoland, the ToL area and CMM can have the capability of staying open. The obvious choice is the CMM expansion pad.

Animal Kingdom is not an park like MK, its a wildlife reserve.

Attractions:

Shows:

Festival of the Lion King
Flights of Wonder
Tusker Acrobats
Finding Nemo the Musical
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

Rides

Dinosouar
Kali River Rapids
Kiliminjaro Safaris
Triceratop Spin
Primeval Whirl

Comming soon...
Australlia

Thrill

I think I'd choose AK over DHS. My reasoning is that they have the same number of rides, the same amount of E-Tickets (Unless you count Fantasmic, in which case, DHS has more), but DHS has more shows. Also, dining at DHS is ever so slightly better than at AK. Need for expansion in the US parks from greatest to least:

-Animal Kingdom
-Disney's Hollywood Studios
-Epcot (This one's arguable)
-Disney('s) California Adventure (after its current expansion)
-Magic Kingdom
-Disneyland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom