Which is worse: Pool hopping, using FPs outside the time window, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

durangojim

Original Poster
lying about the age of your child so you pay a reduced ticket rate or don't pay at all, or getting extra EMH wrist bands for people who aren't staying on property.

For me it's got to be a tie between pool hopping and the EMH wristbands as these are the two that probably affect me the most directly.

durangojim

Original Poster
Sorry, meant to post in General Discussion area, mods please move if you can.:veryconfu

happymom52003

getting extra EMH wrist bands for people who aren't staying on property.

Is that even possible? I thought they scanned your park ticket when they gave you your wristband, therefore they would know if you already were given one. I don't see how anyone could get extra ones, unless they somehow steal them from a cast member.:shrug:

To answer your question, anything involving lying or breaking rules bothers me....that is just the type of person I am. I guess what bugs me most is people lying about the ages of their kids.

devoy1701

Is that even possible? I thought they scanned your park ticket when they gave you your wristband, therefore they would know if you already were given one. I don't see how anyone could get extra ones, unless they somehow steal them from a cast member.:shrug:

To answer your question, anything involving lying or breaking rules bothers me....that is just the type of person I am. I guess what bugs me most is people lying about the ages of their kids.

I guess you haven't been reading the other threads on this site lately? look up one called "EMH: Broken Idea" :lookaroun

happymom52003

I guess you haven't been reading the other threads on this site lately? look up one called "EMH: Broken Idea" :lookaroun

Just looked it up. Wow, thats frustrating. I'm usually a really laid back person who does not complain. Even if something really bothers me or I disagree with something, it takes ALOT to get me to complain to management about something. I think that would have been enough to make me go to guest services to file a complaint. Not that it would have made any difference, but it would have made me feel better!

devoy1701

Just looked it up. Wow, thats frustrating. I'm usually a really laid back person who does not complain. Even if something really bothers me or I disagree with something, it takes ALOT to get me to complain to management about something. I think that would have been enough to make me go to guest services to file a complaint. Not that it would have made any difference, but it would have made me feel better!

I actually was thinking about it. I looked for a lead CM (usually there's one standing out there with a walkie when they're passing out wristbands) but I couldn't find one. And I started to walk to guest services but my gf stopped me...she's one to just shrug things off and it didn't seem to bother her as much as me. I think I might write an email to guest services tho.

totben

Whats Wrong with pool hopping? If im staying at Coronado Springs but i want to go to the Grand Floridian for dinner im allowed to, but if its midday and id like to see another resort i cant go for a quick stop in their pool if i like it? As a paying Guest at one hotel I should be welcome at any hotel.

cl_x_4

I don't want to get loads of people in an uproar - but is pool hopping really that terrible? If you are in fact staying on property? In comparison to the other offenses mentioned.... where lying about your child's age is technically stealing....?

durangojim

Original Poster
I don't want to get loads of people in an uproar - but is pool hopping really that terrible? If you are in fact staying on property? In comparison to the other offenses mentioned.... where lying about your child's age is technically stealing....?

Both are against Disney policy and one might be able to argue that pool hopping cheats guests at the GF (who are paying a lot more for the use of that hotel's ammenities than someone staying at the all stars) out of the abilty to enjoy the cabanas, pool chairs, or slides (I know it's a stretch) whereas someone who doesn't pay for a child doesn't affect you or the company at all as the operating costs and wait times are unchanged.

Frank Stallone

villageidiot1.jpg

Just because I'm staying at the Hillbilly Inn on 192 for $30 a night I can't stay for extra magic hours? Gosh!

WeLComeHomE OKW

(i bolded the subjects of each paragraph)
Here is the deal. Well, at least my deal:

Pool hopping
is okay. It really doesnt cause any problems that i have seen in the past 21 years of my life, and, it is very enjoyable to try out other themed-resorts and test them out or just enjoy a "pool" day.

Lying about a persons age
is a slippery slope, but, i sympathize with people in negative financial situations and could certainly understand if people had to do that in order to afford a day at the parks. the problem is, a) you will never stop this b) disney can never really prove anything and c) you can never assume people's reasoning, and once you start doing that you start to judge and label people unfairly. if a system is so easily manipulated, then maybe its more appropriate to try and fix the system instead of trying to stop the people manipulating it.

I personally dont really care about people getting more passes for EMH. Like the "getting kids passes" problem, people are RARELY doing this and when they do, it is probably because they geniunely want to have a good time with their friends who are probably less fortunate than them and could not afford the disney resorts in the first place. People have to be careful that they dont quickly judge the people doing this. everyone just wants to have a good time, and until the system improves, let them have their fun.

Oh, and last but nut least, using Fast passes out of the time frame is perfectly acceptable to most CMs and *again* rarely creates any problems. Since the tickets give a time limit, most people will follow it and most people go to the attraction right when their fast pass begins. I know that when I use a fastpass outside its time limit it is because I just couldn't get there in time due to traffic, or being delayed by a meal or another attraction.

I think the moral of the story is that we cant be too quick to judge people's intentions, and that all of these things RARELY ever cause problems. If Disney really was that worried/frustrated about this, they would put the resources towards fixing the systems implemented.

I also will clap for the people who actually read all of this. :sohappy:
:wave:

HinunterZuNich

I think that since Fastpass is such a horrible concept to begin with, using it on the SAME DAY but later than listed time is not that big of a deal. Pool Hopping would be my choice, I was just at WDW and the Dolphin pool was packed! I can only imagine if pool hopping was allowed it would have been REALLY bad!

sbkline

I grew up with a brother who was totally self righteous about rules. He would waste no time tattling anytime any jot or tittle of a rule was broken. Even as adults, he's still like that to a large degree. We went to Six Flags a few years ago and went on one of those rides where they spin the room around really fast so that you stick to the walls. One of the safety spiels before the ride is to not lie sideways on the wall while it spins. Well, some kids did it anyway and my brother was fuming about it after the ride and grumbling about it the rest of the day. Even a year or two or three later, he'd still grumble about that horrible crime of a few kids having fun on a ride by laying sideways. All I could think of is what a self righteous Pharisee he is and why he gets himself all worked up over someone else breaking a rule. So they broke a rule. So what? Did it ruin our trip? Did it affect us in any way? Nope. So why get your panties in a wad over it.

So to make a long story short, I guess I will add one to the list. I get most annoyed with self righteous goody goody types that get themselves all worked up over someone else breaking a rule. I'm more of the mindset of just pay attention to your own backyard and don't worry about someone else. I remember holiday gathering as little kids when I was doing something that my cousin Shelly thought was horrible and she tattled to her mommy about it. And her mom's reply was "you just worry about Shelly". And that's my basic philosophy when it comes to issues like this. The various people on these forums who are so vocal about how much they can't stand these rule breakers...they remind me of my brother and his pompous pious "hey look at what a good little rule follower I am" attitude.

But if I were going to pick a worst out of the ones listed, I guess I would say it would be lying about your kids' age. Because that involves flat out lying whereas the others just involve disregarding a rule.

Austin1

I think lying about kids age to get a cheaper ticket is the worst.

The EMH thing is questionable. I read the "EMH broken idea" post and I do have to say that normally it isn't that easy to "work" the system. I know, at least in the MK, they are usually very strict about enforcing policy. If a CM is caught giving out a wristband to someone with out a room key or letting someone on a ride with out a wristband they can get reprimanded or even terminated.

Pool hopping shouldn't be an issue. In fact, don't flame me, but I'm a CM and all I have to do to get into any pool on property is just show my ID and tell them I'm going for swim. The security guards are happy to let me in because I'm one of them.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I grew up with a brother who was totally self righteous about rules. He would waste no time tattling anytime any jot or tittle of a rule was broken. Even as adults, he's still like that to a large degree. We went to Six Flags a few years ago and went on one of those rides where they spin the room around really fast so that you stick to the walls. One of the safety spiels before the ride is to not lie sideways on the wall while it spins. Well, some kids did it anyway and my brother was fuming about it after the ride and grumbling about it the rest of the day. Even a year or two or three later, he'd still grumble about that horrible crime of a few kids having fun on a ride by laying sideways. All I could think of is what a self righteous Pharisee he is and why he gets himself all worked up over someone else breaking a rule. So they broke a rule. So what? Did it ruin our trip? Did it affect us in any way? Nope. So why get your panties in a wad over it.

So to make a long story short, I guess I will add one to the list. I get most annoyed with self righteous goody goody types that get themselves all worked up over someone else breaking a rule. I'm more of the mindset of just pay attention to your own backyard and don't worry about someone else. I remember holiday gathering as little kids when I was doing something that my cousin Shelly thought was horrible and she tattled to her mommy about it. And her mom's reply was "you just worry about Shelly". And that's my basic philosophy when it comes to issues like this. The various people on these forums who are so vocal about how much they can't stand these rule breakers...they remind me of my brother and his pompous pious "hey look at what a good little rule follower I am" attitude.

But if I were going to pick a worst out of the ones listed, I guess I would say it would be lying about your kids' age. Because that involves flat out lying whereas the others just involve disregarding a rule.

I agree. There is nothing worse than a cry baby snitch. I mean if someone is doing something that is harmful to others or putting people in danger, or anything of that nature then its different.

When I am in WDW I can think ofa million other things besides watching for people at EMH who shouldnt be, or people lying about a kids age. I mean with the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Philhar, COP, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Castle, and Splash Mountain I cant really concearn myself with 6 year old tattle tale little sister games.

I mean honestly what do you or can you possibly get out of snitching on someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom