Which is worse: Pool hopping, using FPs outside the time window, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mstr Gra-c

*rewinds*

This is the statement you replied to. Sounds fairly general, even abstract to me. :shrug:

Your response also offered this warning:

If we're having a very specific, grounded discussion about FastPasses and swimming pools with no theoretical projections in play, then taking the approach you find so objectionable to the "utmost" would result in...people cheating with FastPasses and swimming pools. Doesn't sound all that dire to me.

I'm going to stick with my "theory" that there was a little bit of theory involved in that previous exchange. ;)

Hopefully when this befuddled string of logic was bouncing its way through that covernous gape that is your cranium...it made sense to you. Because lord knows it made no sense to me.

Let me spell it out:
1) People break rules...like sneak children in free, swim in resort pools they are not staying at etc...THESE ARE FACTS...NO THEORY YET.

- You Followin' me...good because this is where it gets bumpy...so hold on.

2) By blaming the "victim" for taking issue, you are essentially negating the relevance of the rule in the first place. AGAIN NO THEORY...OPINION MAYBE...BUT NO THEORY.

3) If the rule is rendered irrelevant...more people would not pay for tickets, pay for a room at POP and use the GF pool etc... This would mean less revenue for Disney and would result in higher costs for all. STILL NO THEORY. We already know that people do it when there exists rules strictly forbidding it...so the logical conclusion to follow is that if there were no rule, even more people would do it.

Now, I used Disney as an example, but you can apply this to any reasonable rule or law that exists. NO THEORY.

Mstr Gra-c

I understand what you're saying. I used to say that I lived in Detroit, but now I'm so disgusted by the city that I prefer SE Michigan. Ever since my favorite Greek restaurant closed in Greektown I have very few reasons to go downtown aside from the occaisonal show or ball game. A total bummer when compared to great cities like Chicago or New York.:(

Look Im still proud to say I am from the Detroit area (however I understand your hesitance) I am actually Downtown alot...hey Im young and stupid. It used to be the "Paris of the Midwest" now its the Midwests armpit. However, my friends and I are frequently Downtown and I even have some friends who have bought Condos actually Downtown...and they love it. So I think with some better management and some shrewd business the city will turn around.

** Sorry for the thread bump folks...we now return you to your regularly scheduled bickering.**

Wilt Dasney

2) By blaming the "victim" for taking issue, you are essentially negating the relevance of the rule in the first place.
Nah...you're just saying life's too short. Nothing more, nothing less. :shrug:

By the way, are the people who complain victims or "victims"? The quotation marks are a new addition. The implication they bring seems to belong more on my side of this fence, which is that any perceived offense to what other people do is basically phony. Perhaps you agree with me more than you realize? :eek:

But hey, that's just how it sounds in my "covernous gape" of a head. (I would have spelled that "cavernous gap" personally, but being the brain-dead rube I am, I'm happy to defer to your clearly superior mind on this one.) ;)

happymom52003

I understand what you are saying but like I just said..read back...some people are getting so upset over it and are letting it bother them..there are many posts that sound rather hostile..

Yes..people have their own opinions on things and can discuss whatever here but IMO I think people are taking it to the extreme.:shrug:

I just re-read all of the posts before my post, and I still don't see anyone getting so upset that it would lead me to believe their vacations are being ruined by the rule breakers, or that they are spending their vacation time on the look out for rule breakers.

And actually, most of the "hostile" posts have been by the people who are defending the practice of breaking Disney policies (I'm not saying your posts are hostile.....but others have been).

happymom52003

If it bothers them enough to create a post about it or respond to it, then I would say they spend some of their vacation time worrying about it...yes.

The entire vacation? Maybe not...but obviously some of it, or they wouldn't even notice it.

How would anyone even know that all the chairs at the pool are taken by pool hoppers or paying for their 3 year old? How do people know others aren't following the "policies" at WDW unless they are looking for just that? In all my years of going to Disney parks, I can honestly say I don't recall seeing someone not following "policies". But then again, I wasn't looking.

Why? Aren't those just "honest feelings" also?

I don't think a trip is ruined by it for some...but it obvioulsy bothers them. Just look at the resposes.

My feeling is who cares which is worse and why spend even a single minute being bothered by something that you have zero control over. Spend that minute worrying about something you can change.

You totally missed the entire point of my post. I'll just leave it at that because I honestly do not have the time or energy to further explain myself right now.

Mstr Gra-c

Nah...you're just saying life's too short. Nothing more, nothing less. :shrug:

By the way, are the people who complain victims or "victims"? The quotation marks are a new addition. The implication they bring seems to belong more on my side of this fence, which is that any perceived offense to what other people do is basically phony. Perhaps you agree with me more than you realize? :eek:

But hey, that's just how it sounds in my "covernous gape" of a head. (I would have spelled that "cavernous gap" personally, but being the brain-dead rube I am, I'm happy to defer to your clearly superior mind on this one.) ;)

A love being able to render my lying, thieving opponents so logically defeated and without any semblance of justification that they resort to nitpicking the placement of quotation marks and the misspelling of cavernous.
And thank you...yes I am superior. However, more importantly, I dont steal (using a Deluxe Pool but paying for Value) or lie (using EMH, not staying in a resort OR claiming my child is 2 when they are 13).
Checkmate...I win.
More Importantly to all of those on this thread who have protected Disney's right to provide the best environment for thier guests and also have spoken out against those who have openly admitted to lying and stealing...WE WIN.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
How'd I miss this thread? Looks like fun, although I didn't read every post ahead of mine.

So we've got a) fastpasses outside the window, b) pool hopping, c) lying about age, and d) lying about EMH wristbands. If others were added during the discussion, I missed 'em.

Worst would be lying about EMH wristbands
Then lying about age
Then pool hopping
then a huuuuuuuuge drop to fastpasses outside the window, which doesn't belong in this thread at all.

Lying is bad. We shouldn't do it. So that's puts the lying things at the top of my list. Lying about EMH is more annoying to me because affects other guests by making EMH less of a benefit. Lying about the kids age by and large affects only the family in question and Disney, so that's slight less annoying.

Pool hopping, despite those who say "it isn't a problem" is against the rules. Perhaps its a dumb rule, but the reason is obvious (you get the pool you paid for, not the ones you didn't pay for, just like you get the bed you paid for, not the one you didn't), and the rule is known. You takes the good with the bad when choose to vacation at Disney.

FP outside window isn't even against the rules as Disney chooses to enforce them. People may not like it, but Disney has made (and will tell you if you ask) the decision to allow fastpass use after the end of the window. The end is therefore a request, not a rule, at this point.

maggiegrace1

A love being able to render my lying, thieving opponents so logically defeated and without any semblance of justification that they resort to nitpicking the placement of quotation marks and the misspelling of cavernous.
And thank you...yes I am superior. However, more importantly, I dont steal (using a Deluxe Pool but paying for Value) or lie (using EMH, not staying in a resort OR claiming my child is 2 when they are 13).
Checkmate...I win.
More Importantly to all of those on this thread who have protected Disney's right to provide the best environment for thier guests and also have spoken out against those who have openly admitted to lying and stealing...WE WIN.
Woo Hoo....::sohappy:
What did ya win?

Do you realize that people are still going to do whatever they feel like doing?

That is just my point..no matter what you say on a discussion board it will not change the fact that they still are going to do it.

Disney itself is not doing anything about it so why let it get to you..and that has been my whole point on the matter..not that it is okay..just that we can not do anything about it..even outside of Disney..

People do things that are wrong..does not mean I condone it or do it myself..it just means that unless I am willing to stand at the gates and ID everyones kids..or ask the people at the pool if they are staying there to show me ID..and if they are not tell security on them..then there is NOTHING I can do.

So why let it get you so bothered..when you can not change that and that is a fact.

:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom