Which is worse: Pool hopping, using FPs outside the time window, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Club Cooloholic

aaahhhhh....the old "a lie of omission is not a lie..." defense. That old chestnut. Guess what: Its still wrong if you know the truth and still try to get around it. Heres a question: Why would disney make the rules in the first place if not to provide the best experience for thier guests. Maybe if you all stopped trying to get around the rules despite the fact it makes you feel all "rebel without a cause..." and impresses your wife/husband, tricking them into forgetting thier complete disdain for you; you would stop whining all the time about prices or dining plans or "when are they going to make ak/dhs an all day park".

i am a disneybot>>>>i have had my brain reprogrammed by a multi billion dollar corporation to ignore every attempt at disney to take my money>>>disney makes rules about ages to benefit me>>>not to make more money for its executives>>>disney only has my best interests at heart

Enderikari

Really? There's a debate about this? Seriously?

So, essentially what you are saying is you can ignore the rules you don't like because you are being selfish. Got it, I understand selfishness, I see it all the time. But, Walt Disney World has a right as a business to set the rules the way they see fit. Are they always in the interest of the best guest experience? No, not at all... in fact, most of them have to do with maximizing profit and making more expensive options seem more appealing. And not only does WDW have the right to make a set of rules in order to maintain itself, we have the responsibility as guests to follow those rules.

How many times must I say that going to Walt Disney World is not an essential good. If you don't like a particular rule, then start a letter-writing campaign to try and get that rule changed (good luck!). If you really don't like abiding by the rules that your host has set up, then don't go to the party. But, don't go into full-on Shady McShaderson mode just because you feel somehow slighted that WDW should EVER make up rules that negatively affect you.

trooper1917

Common theme here- "oh let's not judge...".

The fault with that hippie logic is that when it affects other people it is a problem. We are a free country but we are not free to do whatever we want. Yes, we are all imperfect but we still need some common rules of order.

Mstr Gra-c

i am a disneybot>>>>i have had my brain reprogrammed by a multi billion dollar corporation to ignore every attempt at disney to take my money>>>disney makes rules about ages to benefit me>>>not to make more money for its executives>>>disney only has my best interests at heart

WOW...how does someone so jaded and cynical even enjoy Disney? I know...I got it...your the one who always tells people how they do all the magic stuff at Disney because you want to feel soooo superior to everyone else. And then all your friends and family have to say, "Really? Gee thats so neat, you are so cool and smart and stuff." Beacuse they know if they don't you're going to be a royal pain the rest of the trip.

Question: If Disney is sooo evil and soooo manipulative and does everything to "make more money for its executives" WHY ARE YOU HERE??? I thought this was a place for people who love Disney, appreciate what Disney is about and talk about that love/appreciation. I think you need to do some soul searching...I really do...do you love Disney or do you hate that you love Disney? We are here for you...it will all be ok...:kiss:

maggiegrace1

Do you people seriously think and worry about whether someone is getting their 3 year old in for free..or sit at the pool by the Poly and wonder if that guy with the 5 kids on the slide is really staying at POP..or when you turn in your fastpass at Buzz do you really wonder if the guy in front of you has an expired fastpass and let it bother you?:shrug:

Because I sure as hell do not..I do not let what other people do at the parks affect me..I am on vacation having a great time with my family and if someone is using the pool at my hotel and they do not go there..I am not going to let it worry me..I really could care less...same with the childs age.

Whether it is morally right or not..it is NONE of my buisness.

No, I will not complain when Disney raises their prices again..they do every year..and No, I will not be mad because they close a restaurant or a ride or take the chicken strips and make them nuggets.

I will not even think..Hmm I bet the chicken nuggets are because that guy got his kid in for free...Damn!:mad:

I mean..Disney could enforce it a heck of a lot more if they wanted to..they could ask for birth certificate or go by a height rule..but they do not...so why let it bother you if Disney does not let it bother them?:shrug:

Enjoy your vacation and quit worrying about other people..and if you are one of the good and moral people who pay for your 3 year old and only swim in your resorts pool..well then you should have an even better time because you will not have all that guilt on your shoulder.:D

Club Cooloholic

WOW...how does someone so jaded and cynical even enjoy Disney? I know...I got it...your the one who always tells people how they do all the magic stuff at Disney because you want to feel soooo superior to everyone else. And then all your friends and family have to say, "Really? Gee thats so neat, you are so cool and smart and stuff." Beacuse they know if they don't you're going to be a royal pain the rest of the trip.

Question: If Disney is sooo evil and soooo manipulative and does everything to "make more money for its executives" WHY ARE YOU HERE??? I thought this was a place for people who love Disney, appreciate what Disney is about and talk about that love/appreciation. I think you need to do some soul searching...I really do...do you love Disney or do you hate that you love Disney? We are here for you...it will all be ok...:kiss:

It's called humor buddy. And I like the place, but I dont treat it a visit there like a religious pilgrimage to mecca! And liking it doesn't mean I can't question anything it does. Your giving me the old "if you question something the government does, you don't love this country" kind of logic. One is not exclusive of the other.

PS- This is a forum to discuss all kinds of things about disney, if you havent noticed there are whole threads that complain when they close a ride, or raise prices of things...

durangojim

Original Poster
popcorn.gif

disneydiva72

Oh this is too much. Nice sign photos. :lol:

Those are a good reminder of the other rules the public in general doesn't follow. . . and I'm not seeing everyone showering before getting in the pool.

But I'm sure everyone in THIS thread follows ALL the rules. :rolleyes: :lol:

Don't lie and say you always do. . . what effect would that have on your children? :lol:

and what are you doing with all that food and drink around the pool and pool deck? You know . . . those drinks that Disney cast members sell to you for your enjoyment as you lounge around the pool? :lol:

okay, I'll admit - I don't follow all these rules. And I'll be back at Disney soon. You can't stop me. I'm going to break one of these rules when I'm there, too, just because I know it annoys you. (not "you" any one particular person - just "you" in general :p )

:sohappy:

Im staying at the AKL in December...Im going to the Poly just to jump in their pool, and unshowered dang it! :lol:

Mstr Gra-c

Do you people seriously think and worry about whether someone is getting their 3 year old in for free..or sit at the pool by the Poly and wonder if that guy with the 5 kids on the slide is really staying at POP..or when you turn in your fastpass at Buzz do you really wonder if the guy in front of you has an expired fastpass and let it bother you?:shrug:

Because I sure as hell do not..I do not let what other people do at the parks affect me..I am on vacation having a great time with my family and if someone is using the pool at my hotel and they do not go there..I am not going to let it worry me..I really could care less...same with the childs age.

No, I will not complain when Disney raises their prices again..they do every year..and No, I will not be mad because they close a restaurant or a ride or take the chicken strips and make them nuggets.

I will not even think..Hmm I bet the chicken nuggets are because that guy got his kid in for free...Damn!:mad:

I mean..Disney could enforce it a heck of a lot more if they wanted to..they could ask for birth certificate or go by a height rule..but they do not...so why let it bother you if Disney does not let it bother them?:shrug:

Enjoy your vacation and quit worrying about other people..and if you are one of the good and moral people who pay for your 3 year old and only swim in your resorts pool..well then you should have an even better time because you will not have all that guilt on your shoulder.:D

No of course I dont!!! I always have a wonderful time and I dont worry about stuff like that at all. I was raised not to just blanketly follow rules...but to examine rules, understand why they exist and if they make sense and are not an infringment of my rights follow them...Especially when breaking those rules would result in my infringement of the rights or goods of others. And personally in this instance I can understand the rules...I can see how if followed they would make life better for all and I can also see how if broken, it could be detrimental to the experience/freedom/goods (see:$$$) of others. What irks me is the complete inability of others to do this simple process and have such a cavalier attitude about it.

Mstr Gra-c

It's called humor buddy. And I like the place, but I dont treat it a visit there like a religious pilgrimage to mecca! And liking it doesn't mean I can't question anything it does. Your giving me the old "if you question something the government does, you don't love this country" kind of logic. One is not exclusive of the other.

PS- This is a forum to discuss all kinds of things about disney, if you havent noticed there are whole threads that complain when they close a ride, or raise prices of things...

Ok when did this become about religion or the government? Also, do you think the black helicopters are on thier way to get you before or after the headaches?

Oh and also...HUMOR...REALLY?? Yikes...ok...if you say so.

durangojim

Original Poster
I have heard on Jim Hill that Disney will be encoding the chlorine in each of its resort pools with a different molecular marker that can then be scanned by the fingerprint scanner at the entrance to each of its parks. If the resort code on the Key to the Kingdom card and the chlorine on your finger don't match, then you can't enter the park. Just wanted to pass this along to all you pool hoppers:)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have heard on Jim Hill that Disney will be encoding the chlorine in each of its resort pools with a different molecular marker that can then be scanned by the fingerprint scanner at the entrance to each of its parks. If the resort code on the Key to the Kingdom card and the chlorine on your finger don't match, then you can't enter the park. Just wanted to pass this along to all you pool hoppers:)

I had heard this last week, but ive been told that this can be by passed if you release a little tinkle in the pool on first use. Confuses the tests.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender

Should be added to the Post Hall of Fame! :sohappy:

Well said, Dana.

happymom52003

Just because someone has an opinion that something is morally wrong does not mean that they spend their vacation worrying about it.
I think shoplifting is wrong, but that does not mean everytime I go to the mall I am looking for shoplifters and letting it ruin my nice time at the mall.

And just because someone feels it is wrong to not follow these rules that Disney has in place does not mean they are spending their entire vacation on the look out for people who are breaking them.

Alot of assumptions are being made here that those of us who follow the policies at Disney and think it is wrong of others not to. Just because I think it is wrong to not pay for your 3 year old does not mean I am scanning the entrance lines at the MK looking for kids who look older than they are getting in for free. And if I happened to see someone doing this, I would probably think about it for about 5 seconds and then forget about it.

And, yes....someone might be "bothered" if they can't find a chair at their resort pool because there happens to be a bunch of pool hoppers there that day, but very few people are going to have their day or trip "ruined" because of it.

The OP asked a question, and people here are giving their honest feelings about the topic. I think it is just strange that so many of you have told us to relax and just enjoy our vacations, don't let things like this ruin our trips, etc.

Yes, there may be some crazy type A people out there like the guy sbkline mentioned....but seriously.....do you actually think that most of us are like that? That are trips are "ruined" because we know there are people in the parks with us who are breaking rules? Come on....be realistic here.

mwbrown

We have in the past 4 years made 4 trips to WDW, and stayed at ASM once and POP 3 times. In that time, I have eaten dinner at WL and swam in their pool, AKL and swam in their pool and Poly and swam in their pool (and their beach too...shocked gasp...).

We never took a chair or cabana, never walked into the water and became the last four people to meet the legal capacity of the pool, and never bothered anyone to the best of my knowledge. Poly will check for resort ID to borrow a lifejacket, which POP does not, but that is the only ID check I have ever heard of.

As of last week, we are now DVC members and have the 'right' to pool hop...that being said, next summer when I am lounging at the pool at the AKL, please feel free to come on over and introduce yourself as a guest at POP, or CB or wherever...enjoy dinner at Boma as much as I do...and love Disney as I do!!

Mike

P.S. And yes, I still refilled my ASM mug from 2003 when I stayed at Pop in July...guilt free!!!

P.P.S. Oh, and to those who worry about the future of society as we teach our kids to swim in another resort's pool, I think a reality check is in order. Bigger fish to fry than pool hopping...lets work on guns in schools and drugs on the street corner first...then we can clear up this pool hopping magic pass abusing epidemic at the most magical place on Earth!

lax3358

Everyone's actions are justified because it is a victimless crime, correct?

"Come on... Disney has millions and little old me is working hard just to get by. Who cares, it's no ones business what I do."

The worst thing about this thread is the sense of entitlement by the pool hoppers, the ticket cheaters, etc. It's always the fight of the "haves" and "have nots".

The moral of the story is if you do it in Disney you do it at home. Does anyone know why car insurance rates are so high? Because of all of the drivers that do not have car insurance. Guess what? That cost is passed along to those of us that do have car insurance.

No big deal...right? Victimless crime...."I can't pay for car insurance so screw everyone that can." Wait for one of those guys to rearend you and see how you like it.

How about workers comp.? Maybe you twist your knee playing softball on the weekend and it is a bit sore at work Monday morning...must be a work related injury...no biggie... I'll make a claim. Guess what? We all pay for it....look at your pay check. False claims = more money out of our paychecks.

We pay millions of dollars a year to make up for these "losses." How do you think Disney does it? They pass the cost along to the consumer. Keep cheating the system and the only people that get affected are those of us who don't cheat the system.

And as a stockholder (not just two shares hanging on my wall) some of you are stealing directly from me and I don't appreciate it.

It's been said before....Disney is not a necessity it is a luxury. If you can't afford to buy a ticket... too bad, if you can't afford a room at a deluxe...too bad.

DonaldDoleWhip

To be honest, I don't care that much whether someone pool hops or not, and my trips are never ruined by these 'issues.' I frequently use fastpasses after my timeslot because I was simply somewhere else at the time. Also, I once offered to get some of my friends (staying at CB) into Stormalong Bay with my room key, because I wanted to show them the pool (they declined, but I knew what I was doing).

But for a member here to become mad at Disney for this supposedly "new policy that has been created since 2005," I think it's ridiculous. I originally brought up the signs issue to point out how Disney's policy about pool hopping is very clear. If a person is going to use someone else's pool, the least they can do is be aware of the rules. It only takes a few seconds to read the sign.

Not every rule has to be enforced. For example, I usually don't shower right before swimming because I'm coming down from my room. Disney knows that many people aren't going to shower (even sweaty people coming from the parks), that's what chlorine is for. But if someone (regardless of their hotel) dives into GF's pool and splashes the people in the cabanas, they will probably be kicked out. People pool hop because it's easy to get away with (besides Stormalong Bay), but nobody here is illiterate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom