Which Dinner show is worth it?

I am trying to surprise my husband with a Dinner Show. I am looking into both the Hoop-de-doo and the Spirti of Aloha shows. We are on the DDP so I know that it will take 2 credits and I am wondering if either of these shows is worth it? We check out on a Friday so we probably wouldnt be eating a big meal that day anyway. Anyone with any advice or reccomendations?

BiggerTigger

I've seen them both and each has their own unique style. The food and drinks are ample and good, nothing spectacular, but themed to their experience. Hoop De Doo is about the corny jokes, music and laughs, Spirit of Aloha is about educational entertainment that mixes jokes, dancing, and a fire spinner. Just realize that Spirit of Aloha takes place out side and weather can be problematic (heavy rains, cold snaps, or high humidity).

Upvote 0

Kamikaze

I am trying to surprise my husband with a Dinner Show. I am looking into both the Hoop-de-doo and the Spirti of Aloha shows. We are on the DDP so I know that it will take 2 credits and I am wondering if either of these shows is worth it? We check out on a Friday so we probably wouldnt be eating a big meal that day anyway. Anyone with any advice or reccomendations?

HDDR. No question.

The dinner show was very expensive. It was $28 per person (regardless of age), and they added a $60 gratuity to our bill. So, the total was $238.96 for the four of us. We paid in advance 5 months ago, so it wasn't a surprise. The only surprise was to see it how much the gratuity was when the bill was broken down. I can only assume that it was split with the performers.

$28 expensive? Say what?

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

Havent seen the Luau since I was real young so I dont remember hardly any of it. But I have goon to the Hoop Dee Doo like 6 times and loved it every time I would highly recomend it to everyone.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

definitely hoopdee. While both have decent shows, and i love hawaiian theming, the food was just plain awful, plus very poor service. Our last trip in sept settled it for us.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

No Issue Princess, Just let them know when you are making the reservation and they will accomodate him. The chefs are very used to deaking with this and they do it beautifully!! Have a great time!!!

Upvote 0

dizzney

Hoop Dee Do by far, we havent been for a while and the kids told us recently its at the top of the lsit for our next trip, The food is actually good but the sangria is better! And really try to pay for the front seats as it is truly worth it to sit there, lat time we sat at the first large table near the stage and had performers all around us interacting, loved it!

Upvote 0

castevens

I was not impressed by the Luau show, our seat, the food, or the wine. In fact, the wine was downright awful. It was one of the first times I have returned something, although the waiter was gracious and understanding.

Not a good overall experience. Oh, and I was yelled at for pre-ripping my ticket on the perforations on the ticket. I was told I might not be able to get in, even though I ripped the ticket in front of the CM who yelled at me. I was sent to the customer service where a line had formed of 3 or so parties with ripped tickets.

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

What/where is the Hoop-Dee-Do Review please??? Shhh I am at work and can't do a big search right now. Thanks!!

The Hoop Dee-Doo is at Fort Wilderness at Pioneer Hall. Just love this place and love the show. This is a must if you never seen it before. Remember this is a fun dinner show that is corny, entertaining and audiance interactive. It's a great way to spend a wonderful night in Disney

Upvote 0
I have done both, and must agree with the posters so far.

Hoop dee doo is the better one. Food is head and shoulders better.

Jokes are as corny as all get out...but the actors know the jokes are corny, so it makes them all the more funny.

Plus, the actors interact better with the people in the audience.

The Spirit of Aloha has food that is acceptable...not amazing by any means. The story is hokey and fairly weak. The only neat thing is the polynesian fire stuff that the performers do...like the torch twirling and all of that.

The better experience in my humble opinion is the Hoop dee doo by a mile.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

WVParkfan

$28 expensive? Say what?

Uh, you missed the rest of the comment about the $60 gratuity and $30 tax ON TOP of the dinner price. So, yes I think that $235 for four people to eat dinner is expensive. If you don't think that $235 for four people is a little pricey for dinner, then I certainly wouldn't mind having you buy me dinners for our next visit!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

paul436

The Hoop-De-Doo Revue is great! The menu is simple but I found the food to be very tasty. Who doesn't like a bucket of ribs?!:slurp: It's a very fun and interactive show. My daughter got to go on stage and perform in one of the skits which made the event unforgettable for us.

Upvote 0

KnK

Another HDD here! The strawberry short cake was very very tasty. I'll agree the sangria helped.

And the comment about needing kids......it was just me and the hubby. We've gone several times over the years and have never been disappointed.

Upvote 0

CamiLyn227

We have been wanting try one or both of these shows. But I am wondering about the seating. We have no kids yet so its just the two of us. Would we be seated with others? Or alone? We went to Ohana last year and we felt bad that they brought us so much food (enough for a family of 4 or more) and we could eat hardly any before we were full. Are these shows the same way? Family style?

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

Another HDD here! The strawberry short cake was very very tasty. I'll agree the sangria helped.

And the comment about needing kids......it was just me and the hubby. We've gone several times over the years and have never been disappointed.

Agree with you 100% Me and the DWF go to the show by ourselves and have a ball. Yes the Strawberry Short Cake is great

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

It's been a few years, but I'd definitely go with HDD. Yes, the meals are served family style, they'll bring more as long as you want. But you MUST save room for the strawberry shortcake!

The show is great. (But of course, the only two times I've been, I've been picked out of the audience by cast members and one of the times, appeared on stage as Davey Crockett's Angel!)

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

I am so glad to read about all the positive reviews for the HDDR! We booked a dining reservation for the November trip! I have the DDP and we are at a Cat 3 seating for the 7:15 show. Are these bad seats?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom