Which Dinner show is worth it?

I am trying to surprise my husband with a Dinner Show. I am looking into both the Hoop-de-doo and the Spirti of Aloha shows. We are on the DDP so I know that it will take 2 credits and I am wondering if either of these shows is worth it? We check out on a Friday so we probably wouldnt be eating a big meal that day anyway. Anyone with any advice or reccomendations?

ob1thx1138

We saw both shows durring our July 4th visit this year. My only regret was seeing HDDR first because after that the Lua was a major let down. As far as the food goes they were about equal in my opinion, but the atmosphere and crowd interaction makes HDDR a lot more fun. We actually ended up d__________g out of the aloha a little early (durring the last cheesy song) so we could catch the begining of the fireworks from the beach.

When we go back we are planning on seeing HDDR again, and not planning on doing the Spirit of Aloha.

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

We saw both shows durring our July 4th visit this year. My only regret was seeing HDDR first because after that the Lua was a major let down. As far as the food goes they were about equal in my opinion, but the atmosphere and crowd interaction makes HDDR a lot more fun. We actually ended up d__________g out of the aloha a little early (durring the last cheesy song) so we could catch the begining of the fireworks from the beach.

When we go back we are planning on seeing HDDR again, and not planning on doing the Spirit of Aloha.

That's what happened to the DWF and I, we did the same thing. We saw the HDDR first and then went to the Spirit of Aloha second. It was really boring. The Spirit of Aloha is very colorful, but all they do is change into another grass skirt with different colors and dance almost the same. What really got us was they hyped up the fire twirler so much, that when the act finally came on we watched it and both said, that's it. We never went back to that show since. The HDDR is the show we love the best.

Upvote 0

njDizFan

I guess I am the odd one out here that prefers Spirit of Aloha. Great show and entertainment. It is a must do for my family every trip.

BTW-prices are now much higher. $62-$53/adult and $32-$27/child, depending on seating. This goes for Hoop-de-doo also.

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

Have you considered Mickey's Backyard BBQ @ Fort Wilderness? We tried it last year and thought the food was really very good. The performers were fantastic too. The highlight for the kids was dancing on the dance floor with Minnie, Mickey and the gang.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

One other thing to consider is that when we booked ours on the dinning plan you could get category one seating for the HDDR on the DDP but only Category two for the Spirit of Aloha. Not sure why they do this, but it is something else to consider. Our seats for the HDDR were in the second row of tables from the front. Our sets for SOA were second row from the back.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom