Which Character Breakfast is best?

ShellyT

Original Poster
Which one would you recommend out of all of the ones below and why? We never eat breakfast when at WDW but I think this next trip we are going to do it on the morning before we leave. Kindof a going away treat!

- 1900 Park Fare: Supercalifragilistic Breakfast
- Tusker House: Donald's Safari Breakfast
- Cape May Cafe: Beach Club Buffet Character Breakfast
- Chef Mickey's Buffet

Thanks in advance :)

wolf29

Haven't done Donald's in the new venue (Tusker House) but have been to the old one & enjoyed it. Chef Mickey's is always a favorite of my kids. Another to consider is the Playhouse Disney Breakfast @ Disney Studios. I think a lot would depend upon the ages & genders of those attending, as the food is pretty much the same everywhere.

ShellyT

Original Poster
My kids are 11, 9 and 18. Do you think Chef Mickey's would be ok for them or is it geared to younger kids?

happymom52003

My kids are 11, 9 and 18. Do you think Chef Mickey's would be ok for them or is it geared to younger kids?

Well, my 80 year old grandmother had a blast there, so I think your kids will love it too! My 14 year old cousin was also with us on that trip and she LOVED it as well. Goofy was flirting with her...kissing her hand and acting bashful, and then pointing to her and then to himself and putting his hand up to his ear, asking her to call him!

Disney_Belle

I am going to go with Chef Mickey's definitely :)

I try to go there every time, and I always have a great time I love it I think it is one of my favorite's.

Now I'm craving Mickey Waffles.... :hammer:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I would avoid Tusker house. We could see the characters being rushed by the managers and attendants. So if you want quality interactions with the characters you don't want to go to Tusker House. It's the only character breakfast I've been to so I guess they could all be like that. :shrug:

mouselvrmom

We haven't done chef mickey's yet, but we had a wonderful experience on our last trip at cape may cafe. It was a nice relaxing experience, not rushed or chaotic. The characters came around quite a few times and spent a lot of time goofing around with us. The tables are covered with paper so the kids can color and goofy wrote messages to us for about 10 minutes. The kids really thought it was special.

I'm going to go against the grain and suggest you avoid Chef Mickey's. I was pretty good "friends" with the characters there for awhile and to me it's one of the most rushed dining experiances because the restuarant is so big and the characters have so many people to see in a time period.
I love Cape May. For one thing the food is amazing but also because it's a smaller place so the characters aren't as rushed and can spend more time with you. It's also just a little more peaceful and relaxing and better for the older kids in my opinion.

coltow

Your are never too old for any character breakfast. Out of the ones you listed, I'd go with Chef Mickey's, though I've never done Cape May.

HollyBelle

I know this is a less popular opinion; however, Chef Mickey's is not our favorite. The characters are more rushed and the food doesn't ever seem as good. It is the one place where we have finished our breakfast long before all the characters made it to us. I believe we skipped out before meeting Mickey on one trip because it was going to be a while, and we'd been done eating for 10-15 minutes already.

I have enjoyed my experiences at Tusker House, and Cape May much more and felt that the food was not only better but the interaction with characters was as well. I noticed Lilo and Stitch's Best Friend's Breakfast is not on your list of choices. It's another one I would suggest considering, as you just can't beat the atmosphere at Ohana.

Regardless of your choice, I think you will have a great time.

happymom52003

I would avoid Tusker house. We could see the characters being rushed by the managers and attendants. So if you want quality interactions with the characters you don't want to go to Tusker House. It's the only character breakfast I've been to so I guess they could all be like that. :shrug:

I think it is hit or miss at all of the character meals. I think some of it depends on the time of your ADR, the mood and/or personality of the "friends" and attendants, and whether they are running behind schedule for whatever reason. And some may disagree, but based on my experiences I think your table location can play a part in it as well (for example....maybe it has been luck, but we have found that when we are seated at a table that is in a corner and more secluded, we have a MUCH better experience with the characters than if we are seated out in the middle surrounded by other tables).
We've eaten at alot of the character meal locations multiple times, and everytime we've had a different experience in regard to character interaction. The first time we ate at Crystal Palace, it was awesome....the characters played with my kids, and some even stopped by more than once. It was AMAZING and magical! The next time we ate there was horrible. We had the "love and shove" experience as CM's like to call it. The same can be said for our experiences at Chef Mickeys and CRT....some have been fantastic, some have been horrible.
The only place I feel that the character interaction is a bit more consistent is the Garden Grill in Epcot. And I really think it has alot to do with the set up of the restaurant. You have a more "private" type of experience with the characters....VERY different than if you have a table in the middle of Crystal Palace, for example.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I personally think Chef Mickey's and the Cape May Cafe have wonderful buffet character breakfasts. I love breakfast and they tend to have a good assortment.

Pam

If you're doing Chef Mickey's I'd suggest getting one of the lastest ADR's possible. That way the restuarant has kind of cleared out and the characters have more time to spend with you.

Whoislg007

chef mickeys deffinitly. it is the most fun for children and adults. its a great atmosphere and the characters are generally nice and great for kids. the food is also good. donalds was ok it was sort of boring the characters just walk around to take pics and that's it. I have not been to the other two sorry

brich

Chef Mickeys is a trip tradition. We start every Disney trip with Chef Mickeys on the very first morning. My 6 and 9 year olds love it although I think my 9 year old now loves it because he can just eat and eat and eat and eat and eat...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom