Where's Kronk

gspin2k1

Original Poster
So I just got back from my awesome Disney World Trip. My only question is...where's Kronk. Seriously he's like one of my all time favorite characters and I was sad there's like nobody dressed up as Kronk at any of the four parks. I mean he's obviously not a classic Disney character but I figured he'd be popular enough to at least be walking around somewhere in the parks.

~G

joanna71985

So I just got back from my awesome Disney World Trip. My only question is...where's Kronk. Seriously he's like one of my all time favorite characters and I was sad there's like nobody dressed up as Kronk at any of the four parks. I mean he's obviously not a classic Disney character but I figured he'd be popular enough to at least be walking around somewhere in the parks.

~G

Unfortunately Kronk hasn't been out since 2006. He most likely has been retired.

Cyberacer

I would love to see Kronk out too as The Emperor's New Groove is one of my favorite movies but I strongly doubt I ever will see him. The movie doesn't seem to be that popular or perhaps it's just an ignored movie.

DizneyPryncess

Kronk is one of my dream meet & greets! I always keep my eye out for him, but never expect much as I know how unlikely it is to find him out. I too think he has been retired....unfortunately. I know lots of people around here who would like to see him!

Figment was also recently retired which crushed me...never got to meet him either.

dreamfinder

That movie was a flop wasn't it?

Well, depends on your definition of flop. IMDB estimates $100 mil to make, but it made $90 mil in the US. So when you throw in overseas take, it at least broke even, and when you toss in merch and video sales it probably made some profit. Was it an earth shattering block buster? Nah. But I don't think it was a flop.

Figment632

Well, depends on your definition of flop. IMDB estimates $100 mil to make, but it made $90 mil in the US. So when you throw in overseas take, it at least broke even, and when you toss in merch and video sales it probably made some profit. Was it an earth shattering block buster? Nah. But I don't think it was a flop.

I was wrong if it made that much it wasn't a flop.

AshaNeOmah

I've of then heard that a film needs to make 1.5-2x it's production costs to cover the entire cost of producing, marketing, releasing, and everything else. This includes ticket sales and DVD/Video sales. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

gspin2k1

Original Poster
Everyone I know who has watched The Emperor's New Groove loves it. I'll admit it's one of my favorite Disney Films...

I mean who doesn't love lines like...

"feel the power Kronk"..."Oh...I can feel it"

Personally I didn't like Antz and it always surprises me how much they promote it in Disney Land and Disney World, but I guess it's probably bigger among the kids.

~G

KingStefan

I've of then heard that a film needs to make 1.5-2x it's production costs to cover the entire cost of producing, marketing, releasing, and everything else. This includes ticket sales and DVD/Video sales. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

I'm not sure about 1.5-2x, but I do know that I've heard people compare production costs to box office sales and it drives me crazy because it's just not a good comparison.

Distribution is a large cost, and the distribution company rents the film to the movie theater. So box office sales is far from production cost recuperation. I'm not intimately familiar with the business, so I can't speak precisely, but I do know that comparing box office sales to productions cost is bogus.

Also, don't forget that there was the TV series as well. That complicates the $ equation.

There is a very good explanation of how movie distribution works here, by the way: http://www.howstuffworks.com/movie-distribution.htm

Woozle

The Emperor's New Groove is hilarious. Such an underrated film too. I would love to see Kronk out and about. (Maybe even in his scout uniform? haha)

DizneyPryncess

Emperor's New Groove has been one of my favorite Disney movie since the first time I saw it. I know there are many with classic storylines, and newer animation - but I don't think I laugh harder at any other movies. David Space & John Goodman work so well together. I didn't consider it a flop - but I wish it had done better so it would be less underrated.

Bring back Kronk & Kuzco! :sohappy:

Buried20KLeague

Everyone I know who has watched The Emperor's New Groove loves it. I'll admit it's one of my favorite Disney Films...

I mean who doesn't love lines like...

"feel the power Kronk"..."Oh...I can feel it"

Personally I didn't like Antz and it always surprises me how much they promote it in Disney Land and Disney World, but I guess it's probably bigger among the kids.

~G

:eek::eek::eek:

FOR SHAME!!!!!! :lol:

It's "A Bug's Life", not "Antz"! "Antz" was the competing movie I think Dreamworks put out.

KingStefan

Emperor's New Groove has been one of my favorite Disney movie since the first time I saw it. I know there are many with classic storylines, and newer animation - but I don't think I laugh harder at any other movies. David Space & John Goodman work so well together. I didn't consider it a flop - but I wish it had done better so it would be less underrated.

Bring back Kronk & Kuzco! :sohappy:

I think you mean David Spade (with a "d") and Patrick Warburton, although John Goodman does play Pacha. And yes, I agree they work well together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom