Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

MaryJaneP

Does "in the air" possibly mean that they have ejected it - mid-air - from some freight-hauling jumbo jet and it will crash into irretrievable pieces? Thus the ignominious end to the "Walt's Plane" story.

Goofyernmost

They are shipping it to the west coast, they have already announced it will be on display at D23.
If that is true, and I have no idea if it is or not, it really amounts to only taking it out of one field and parking it in another. And if they do send it there aren't they really just sending it back where it started from. I have heard historically that that particular plane MIGHT have been involved with a few flights over/to Orlando, but Walt used it mostly during the set up of the 64 worlds fair. Do we have a reliable conformation that anything has been happening around it in recent months. I might have missed that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If that is true, and I have no idea if it is or not, it really amounts to only taking it out of one field and parking it in another. And if they do send it there aren't they really just sending it back where it started from. I have heard historically that that particular plane MIGHT have been involved with a few flights over/to Orlando, but Walt used it mostly during the set up of the 64 worlds fair. Do we have a reliable conformation that anything has been happening around it in recent months. I might have missed that.
Read the thread. There's a picture it being dismantled so it can be shipped. Stop holding onto an assumption you made as being the case when there's proof it isn't.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

spock8113

Goofyernmost

I did acknowledge that they are doing something and it is probably getting it ready to ship to Cali. I don't know what happened to the post. It was an edit to one that I made. After I posted and the picture showed up with activity around it. Let me be clear, I don't have a dog in the race concerning whether or not it is going to be there. I just hadn't seen any activity. Now I have. My main argument has been about the idea that they were rebuilding it to fly it back to it's home base. It is much better that it be there, at least serving some unknown purpose then rotting in a field in Florida.

I was skeptical for sure, but now that I have seen just a small amount of evidence that it is happening, I will gladly say that I was wrong if I said it was not going there, however, my thoughts were more about how I had no proof that it was getting any attention at all, much less getting it ready to move. I still maintain that it will never be in the air again, under it's own power, unless they sell it to a private party that will spend the money to rebuild it. I can't see any reason why Disney would see the return on that kind of investment.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I did acknowledge that they are doing something and it is probably getting it ready to ship to Cali. I don't know what happened to the post. It was an edit to one that I made. After I posted and the picture showed up with activity around it. Let me be clear, I don't have a dog in the race concerning whether or not it is going to be there. I just hadn't seen any activity. Now I have. My main argument has been about the idea that they were rebuilding it to fly it back to it's home base. It is much better that it be there, at least serving some unknown purpose then rotting in a field in Florida.

I was skeptical for sure, but now that I have seen just a small amount of evidence that it is happening, I will gladly say that I was wrong if I said it was not going there, however, my thoughts were more about how I had no proof that it was getting any attention at all, much less getting it ready to move. I still maintain that it will never be in the air again, under it's own power, unless they sell it to a private party that will spend the money to rebuild it. I can't see any reason why Disney would see the return on that kind of investment.

Amazon is probably footing the bill, or at least a good chunk of it.

Movielover

Are they shipping it? 🤣

It's in good hands then...

jim carrey alrighty then GIF by Ace Ventura

;)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the info on the plane panel at D23.

Friday, September 9th at the Walt Disney Archives Stage -

Walt’s Plane: Taking Flight Through Disney History – Presented by Amazon

6:00 pm - 7:00 pm PT

As Walt Disney’s company plane makes its historic return at D23 Expo, discover the fascinating story of the Grumman Gulfstream I aircraft, fondly remembered as "The Mouse."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom