Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Personally I don't think they would have invested the money for a full interior restore, not to mention that it was still sitting in the field a week ago, so it's unlikely they would be able to have it restored in time for the convention.

Disney won't, but I bet there's someone out there who would. In an ideal world, the interior would be restored and the plane itself put on display somewhere instead of it sitting in a field north of AK. As it is, it's just a prop the idiots in charge can use whenever they need to try and get some goodwill by invoking the name of the old dead guy they can't stand but need to keep people happy.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
A friend posted photos on Facebook allegedly showing the plane in parts and wrapped on semi-trucks heading off property. I haven't seen them anywhere else online, so I'm not sure of the veracity. I'll post just one because I don't wanna take credit for something not mine and their profile isn't public.

299839872_5505674196142927_5424813946052631164_n.jpg

trainplane3

A friend posted photos on Facebook allegedly showing the plane in parts and wrapped on semi-trucks heading off property. I haven't seen them anywhere else online, so I'm not sure of the veracity. I'll post just one because I don't wanna take credit for something not mine and their profile isn't public.

299839872_5505674196142927_5424813946052631164_n.jpg
Oh forgot to mention. The latest D23 magazine detailed the move. It's going (obvious now) by truck and will arrive a few days before D23 kicks off. It's getting the exterior cleaned up and that's it.

Goofyernmost

That doesn't seem to be the same color, baby poop tan, as the original. I'm thinking not legit. Walt's plane is going to California but that doesn't seem to be it. I could be wrong, of course, but it doesn't look right.

Smiley/OCD

That doesn't seem to be the same color, baby poop tan, as the original. I'm thinking not legit. Walt's plane is going to California but that doesn't seem to be it. I could be wrong, of course, but it doesn't look right.
I don’t know what photo you’re looking at, but the fuselage and wings on the truck I’m looking at are white with horizontal stripes…

Goofyernmost

I don’t know what photo you’re looking at, but the fuselage and wings on the truck I’m looking at are white with horizontal stripes…
I'm looking at the same thing, but the last time we saw this fuselage it was this color below. Does this picture look anything like that? And why would someone be standing on a ladder next to it when it is traveling down a highway?

1661524171933.png

Goofyernmost

Again, its on a flatbed truck, in a procession, moving, and there's no ladder in sight. I'm looking at post #629...
Look just in front of the wing and engine even with the windshield. If you can't see a person standing on a laddered platform then tell me what it is. Also even if it is a shadow or something it doesn't change the fact that it isn't the right size or color of the original stripe or even the stripe used in DHS.

EDIT: I enlarged the picture and will say that I really cannot identify what I am seeing in the front. It might just be a shadow or something other then a person. I also question the manner of the loading of the plane on a flatbed truck.
To travel across the country with a wing exposed to the open air seems to me to be not an ideal way to ship it. Just the airflow from traveling on the highway would be subject to the wings uplifting and causing problems with handling the truck. @Smiley/OCD

1661525272878.png
1661525302015.png

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

We're really questioning the picture?
It's the plane. It'll be in Anaheim in 10 days.
View attachment 662617
I'm not questioning about Walt's plane being in Cali in 10 days, I am questioning the idea that it is the plane we are looking at in the picture. I'm sure that somewhere in this country someone might have shipped a different plane to someplace else that is the shown in the picture. It might be the one but we won't know until it is actually at the D23.

trainplane3

Look just in front of the wing and engine even with the windshield. If you can't see a person standing on a laddered platform then tell me what it is. Also even if it is a shadow or something it doesn't change the fact that it isn't the right size or color of the original stripe or even the stripe used in DHS.

View attachment 662615 View attachment 662616
What are you even talking about? It's literally the wings on a flatbed. The fuselage is on a different truck in the picture from @SaucyBoy . What ladder? Are you talking about the fillers where the engines were removed?

I'm pretty sure you're making a poorly put together ladder joke.

Magenta Panther

The plane's just a gimmick to try to convince people that the Walt Disney Company is still the Walt Disney Company. Despite the fact that the goons running it don't follow his philosophy, his standards for excellence, or his desire that the parks remain affordable for ordinary folks. The plane is a lie. And despicable emotional manipulation.

Smiley/OCD

View attachment 662615 View attachment 662616
The photo I am looking at looks like metal bracing (like black angle iron) coming up from the bed to above the engine cowling on each side to hold the fuselage from moving right to left on the truck. You're showing 2 pictures...one with a blue stripe and 1 with a tan stripe. Maybe it's a different part of the fuselage? Maybe it's been repainted? Either way, we've been told this caravan was on or near the Disney property. Coincidence that two planes are moving by truck at the same time? Sure, I guess, but we'll find out this weekend...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom