Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

Squishy

Wings removed and placed in a cargo plane.
Considering they stated "it's in the air", the only cargo plane that would match is flight K4363, MCO to LAX, it just landed at LAX https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/k4363#2cee346d
I don't see why they would choose that over a oversized flatbed though.

1659658709391.png

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Pick145

A curious one, flightaware shows the registration N234MM flew from Oxnard, CA to Camarillo, CA on January 17, 2022.

Interestingly Camarillo Airport was the home of Chuck Malone, one of Walt's pilots.

This can't be the same air frame, and it probably a mistake, but the track was reported by LA Center rather that a private feeder, which is intriguing.

EeyoreFan#24

A curious one, flightaware shows the registration N234MM flew from Oxnard, CA to Camarillo, CA on January 17, 2022.

Interestingly Camarillo Airport was the home of Chuck Malone, one of Walt's pilots.

This can't be the same air frame, and it probably a mistake, but the track was reported by LA Center rather that a private feeder, which is intriguing.

I would lean towards mistake too. There is a N234M that is registered to someone out of Camarillo, CA. It’s a twin engine Beechcraft and looks like the 6 minutes of reported data could line up with that aircraft type. Might be that or something completely different, but I’m guessing mistake too.

montyz81

Original Poster
I can't understand why this plane doesn't make its way to Disney Springs for some land prop duty for a restaurant or store similar to the Hemisphere Dancer. It makes more sense for it to be in Springs than any other place, IMO.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

esskay

Then all they would have to do is find a pilot that was suicidal enough to fly a half century plus old plane that hasn't been off the ground for at least 30 years across the country, no matter how much work they did to it. That plane is a land lubber now. And as it was seen somewhat recently still sitting in the same spot where they left it years ago, how much work could the have possible done to it. Besides that isn't the only plane that Walt had in his fleet the rumor might be about a completely different one.

I don't think they are making this flyable again..

View attachment 657899
They wont do it, but it's 100% possible to do so. The folks at Buffalo Airways (of Ice Pilots NWT fame) rescued an old DC3 in FAR worse condition and got it into an air worthy state. Took them about 5 months but was all done by volunteers, and with some borrowed engines.

Goofyernmost

They wont do it, but it's 100% possible to do so. The folks at Buffalo Airways (of Ice Pilots NWT fame) rescued an old DC3 in FAR worse condition and got it into an air worthy state. Took them about 5 months but was all done by volunteers, and with some borrowed engines.
Anything that was built once can be built again, but in this case what would be the purpose. The engines and most of the hydraulics along with all the instruments, etc. were sold or thrown out before it ever was placed in DHS. It is possible that they might ship it to the west coast, but even then, what would be achieved if just for show. External dressing up, like it was in DHS would be good for some permanent display someplace.

jpinkc

That was one of the top planes of its day and there were quite a few of them made, parts for it should be available. Would not be surprised if there arent a few of them still in service.

Goofyernmost

I'm sure that Disney currently has a fleet of jets and have no need for a 60 year old plane for transportation. Unless they might build it and give rides there is no need for a working model. Of course Chappie might need a new lawn ornament.

Smiley/OCD

I'm sure that Disney currently has a fleet of jets and have no need for a 60 year old plane for transportation. Unless they might build it and give rides there is no need for a working model. Of course Chappie might need a new lawn ornament.
Let’s look at the big picture…on another tread, the rumor is the “powers that be” I.e. everyone’s favorite CEO Chappie, is talking about dropping the name Walt from the official company name…I really don’t think the plane will be anything more than an expensive lawn ornament.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Anything that was built once can be built again, but in this case what would be the purpose. The engines and most of the hydraulics along with all the instruments, etc. were sold or thrown out before it ever was placed in DHS. It is possible that they might ship it to the west coast, but even then, what would be achieved if just for show. External dressing up, like it was in DHS would be good for some permanent display someplace.

They are shipping it to the west coast, they have already announced it will be on display at D23.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom