Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

Goofyernmost

The photo I am looking at looks like metal bracing (like black angle iron) coming up from the bed to above the engine cowling on each side to hold the fuselage from moving right to left on the truck. You're showing 2 pictures...one with a blue stripe and 1 with a tan stripe. Maybe it's a different part of the fuselage? Maybe it's been repainted? Either way, we've been told this caravan was on or near the Disney property. Coincidence that two planes are moving by truck at the same time? Sure, I guess, but we'll find out this weekend...
That is what I have been saying. I'm just not convinced that is the plane and not another one, not related. There is a Airplane Museum in Kissimmee. (or at least there used to be)

EDIT: I enlarged the picture and will say that I really cannot identify what I am seeing in the front. It might just be a shadow or something other then a person. I also question the manner of the loading of the plane on a flatbed truck.
To travel across the country with a wing exposed to the open air seems to me to be not an ideal way to ship it. Just the airflow from traveling on the highway would be subject to the wings uplifting and causing problems with handling the truck.

Smiley/OCD

That is what I have been saying. I'm just not convinced that is the plane and not another one, not related. There is a Airplane Museum in Kissimmee. (or at least there used to be)

EDIT: I enlarged the picture and will say that I really cannot identify what I am seeing in the front. It might just be a shadow or something other then a person. I also question the manner of the loading of the plane on a flatbed truck.
To travel across the country with a wing exposed to the open air seems to me to be not an ideal way to ship it. Just the airflow from traveling on the highway would be subject to the wings uplifting and causing problems with handling the truck.
No, because the wings are facing perpendicular to the direction the truck is moving…plus, the truck convoy won’t be moving any faster than 30-40 MPH…even if it were covered by tarps, moving air would still get under it. Like I said, we’ll find out this weekend. I’d ask my daughter to check, but her school is almost 700 miles to the north…and at 6.50/gal for gas, my home equity loan can’t handle it…

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The plane's just a gimmick to try to convince people that the Walt Disney Company is still the Walt Disney Company. Despite the fact that the goons running it don't follow his philosophy, his standards for excellence, or his desire that the parks remain affordable for ordinary folks. The plane is a lie. And despicable emotional manipulation.
I thought they were removing all things 'Walt' including his name from **** Disney World?

So, is there a conspiracy to double down on Uncle Walt, gaslighting guests into thinking this is what Walt would have wanted, or, is there a conspiracy from the ultra-woke diversity committee to scrub all mentions of the "the problematic" Walt from everything Disney parks?

It's hard to know nowadays which contradictory conspiracies to believe!!

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Whether or not the plane being transported from Florida to California is actually Walt's plane is today's windmill that someone is fighting? Shocking but... not really.

engineers build aeroplane to fly at several hundred miles an hour, survive huge cross-winds. lift loads, carry thousands of pounds and survive hundreds of landing cycles... But old dude on internet knows they can't move it on the highway at 60mph.

Some people really need a handler...

I know, right? Everyone knows that airplane wings cause massive lift at 60mph, making truck transportation like this a hazardous proposition. :rolleyes:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Whether or not the plane being transported from Florida to California is actually Walt's plane is today's windmill that someone is fighting? Shocking but... not really.

I know, right? Everyone knows that airplane wings cause massive lift at 60mph, making truck transportation like this a hazardous proposition. :rolleyes:
Hey…I just saw a 50 year old North Korean (or Chinese maybe?) F-14 take off on like a 200 foot parking lot yesterday…

…blew my mind 😳🤯

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom