Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I fell asleep the first time I watched Moana. I woke up during the Shiny song with the crab and I was so confused with what was going on.
That song was so discordant with the rest of the movie. Even Clickbait Tommy agrees:
“Speaking of music, the absolute worst character in the movie had to be Tamatoa (Jemaine Clement). Tamatoa was a giant crab that lived deep in the ocean and had a love for all things shiny. Jemaine Clement sings a song called “Shiny” and it is awful. It has to be one of the worst songs ever made for a Disney movie and again Miranda uses his genius to rhyme such words as “shiny” and “hiney”. Like I said, enough with the butt jokes, Disney. That song and scene totally felt so out of place. It was weird, it was boring and was so not needed. They could have cut that 10 minutes out of the movie and it would have flowed so much better.”
My review: meh.
I liked it a lot. Nice to have a “princess” without a love interest for a change. Most of the songs were very good, with the exception of “Shiny”. So, so weird. SMH

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Is Hei Hei a Rooster or a Chicken? I don't know. He is pretty annoying. I also find the Mine, Mine, Mine Seagulls from Finding Nemo annoying, but that is at least spot on what they do.
I love the Mine, Mine, Mine seagulls outside of The Living Seas ... although to be fair, I’ve never seen the movie, so I don’t know how big their role is.

trr1

That song was so discordant with the rest of the movie. Even Clickbait Tommy agrees:
“Speaking of music, the absolute worst character in the movie had to be Tamatoa (Jemaine Clement). Tamatoa was a giant crab that lived deep in the ocean and had a love for all things shiny. Jemaine Clement sings a song called “Shiny” and it is awful. It has to be one of the worst songs ever made for a Disney movie and again Miranda uses his genius to rhyme such words as “shiny” and “hiney”. Like I said, enough with the butt jokes, Disney. That song and scene totally felt so out of place. It was weird, it was boring and was so not needed. They could have cut that 10 minutes out of the movie and it would have flowed so much better.”

I liked it a lot. Nice to have a “princess” without a love interest for a change. Most of the songs were very good, with the exception of “Shiny”. So, so weird. SMH
after the credits Tamatoa make a reference to another crab in the Disney films with an accent

Songbird76

Ladies, do you know this feeling?

You give Hubby a little poke because he is snoring sooooo loudly ... and then five minutes later, you give him a little poke just to make sure he’s still breathing?

We’re currently building up to a third poke.
I usually end up poking about 10 times before he finally rolls over to his left side. He snores in any position except on his left side. And sometimes he'll stop breathing and his legs will start to shake, so I give him a shove and he lets out one huge snore and is fine.

Goofyernmost

Don't you think you were a little overdressed for work, according to this picture?
It's commonly known as the Disney Princess Syndrome! A malady that is considered normal for Fans of the Mouse.
I usually end up poking about 10 times before he finally rolls over to his left side. He snores in any position except on his left side. And sometimes he'll stop breathing and his legs will start to shake, so I give him a shove and he lets out one huge snore and is fine.
Two words.... SLEEP APNEA! Not always the problem, but, the trigger is the stopped breathing part. I've been successfully battling it for 25 years via Cpap. It has literally saved my life and completely stopped all snoring. Like they say in the testosterone commercial... "And the ladies will like it too!" No snoring means a peaceful sleep for everyone within a three mile radius.

Songbird76

It's commonly known as the Disney Princess Syndrome! A malady that is considered normal for Fans of the Mouse.

Two words.... SLEEP APNEA! Not always the problem, but, the trigger is the stopped breathing part. I've been successfully battling it for 25 years via Cpap. It has literally saved my life and completely stopped all snoring. Like they say in the testosterone commercial... "And the ladies will like it too!" No snoring means a peaceful sleep for everyone within a three mile radius.
Yeah, he didn't want to go the Cpap route if he could help it, so he got this mouth guard thing, but it didn't fit right and he'd wake up with his jaw all sore from cramping, so they were going to fix it, and then he just gave up. He really needs to do something, because it scares me to death when he stops breathing.

NYwdwfan

You put on make up??!! Well, then you ARE dressed to the nines! That's farther than I get 363 days out of the year! (I only put on make up for performances and maybe sometimes special occassions, but usually not.)
MINIMAL makeup. Lol. It took me about 43 seconds to do top eyeliner and a sweep of mascara and that’s inly because I dropped the eyeliner and it rolled away a little.

Goofyernmost

Yeah, he didn't want to go the Cpap route if he could help it, so he got this mouth guard thing, but it didn't fit right and he'd wake up with his jaw all sore from cramping, so they were going to fix it, and then he just gave up. He really needs to do something, because it scares me to death when he stops breathing.
And it should. It has killed a lot of people when they didn't wake in time or over time because the heart enlarges because it is working twice as hard to circulate oxygen which can easily lead to heart failure. It isn't to be played with. It is a very serious thing. I remember not wanting to do it either, but when I fell asleep at the wheel one time and came within an inch of driving into a major ditch I woke up for good, (figuratively). I understand the dread, as it can be a pain in the butt, however, like everything else we get used to it. Unless I'm sitting up watching TV I can no longer fall asleep without it. I also remember going in to be fitted for a mask (there are a whole bunch of small options now) and saying to the nurse.. "Wow, this thing is going to really interfere with my love life". She replied that "she didn't know about me but that she preferred that particular activity when she was awake." The fact the my wife was finally getting a full nights sleep and was rested, more then made up for the inconvenience of what I might have looked like while asleep with the mask. At least get him tested. Personally I was stopping breathing 85 times an hour. No wonder I was always tired. It was seen that my heart had enlarged to the size of the Grinch before I started to use it. After about a year, it was back to normal size.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom