Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

I believe it’s a giant reset.

Rather than eenie meenie miney mo whose ADR’s (and FPP’s) get cancelled on which days, they’re clearing the Bingo cards and starting over. I’m not sure anyone knows exactly how it’s going to work, as you will require a reservation to get into the actual park ... let alone the restaurant.

All ADR’s until the end of the year are being erased; unless that has changed since I went to bed.

I’m quite sure park-hopping is no more for a while as well. You may not even be guaranteed entry into one park each day.
I see that they have also canceled all character dining, but there's no mention on what they plan to do with buffets. And they also canceled fastpass+ for now. I think I'd be wary of booking at the moment, not knowing what's going to be open and what's going to be available. For the prices they charged, if I can only have a handful of the normal experiences offered, I'd rather wait until everything is back up and running. But that's just me. Some might want to take advantage of the smaller crowds, even if it means missing out on a few things. But I'm a planner and I like to at least have the ADRs made and have a basic outline of what I want to do which days, so the limited options would give me anxiety.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I see that they have also canceled all character dining, but there's no mention on what they plan to do with buffets. And they also canceled fastpass+ for now. I think I'd be wary of booking at the moment, not knowing what's going to be open and what's going to be available. For the prices they charged, if I can only have a handful of the normal experiences offered, I'd rather wait until everything is back up and running. But that's just me. Some might want to take advantage of the smaller crowds, even if it means missing out on a few things. But I'm a planner and I like to at least have the ADRs made and have a basic outline of what I want to do which days, so the limited options would give me anxiety.
I’m out for this year too.

Songbird76

Next Friday is our kids official last day. I’m not posting any new assignments though. I’m using next week as a make up work week and a lot of my students have a decent amount to catch up on. I have 4 kids that have done nothing, but I suppose 4 out of 140 students isn’t too terrible of odds.
My kids go back Tuesday, half time. E will hear on Tuesday which days she will go and who will be in her group, and then the times that she doesn't go, she will be expected to follow along online. July 17th is the last schoolday before Summer vacation begins, and the week before that was supposed to be a testweek, but they aren't allowed to give the kids testing for grades anymore this year, so I don't know what they will do about class time during those weeks.

A goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and he'll follow along at home the other days. It still makes no sense to me that his school is cutting the classes in half, when they only have a max of 9 kids per class already. But whatever. They will be going back and my husband will still be working from home so he can help A when he's doing the at home learning.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My kids go back Tuesday, half time. E will hear on Tuesday which days she will go and who will be in her group, and then the times that she doesn't go, she will be expected to follow along online. July 17th is the last schoolday before Summer vacation begins, and the week before that was supposed to be a testweek, but they aren't allowed to give the kids testing for grades anymore this year, so I don't know what they will do about class time during those weeks.

A goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and he'll follow along at home the other days. It still makes no sense to me that his school is cutting the classes in half, when they only have a max of 9 kids per class already. But whatever. They will be going back and my husband will still be working from home so he can help A when he's doing the at home learning.
Sounds very complicated. Hopefully next school year for everyone is closer to normal.

Songbird76

Sounds very complicated. Hopefully next school year for everyone is closer to normal.
Yeah, E is happy to be missing out on some of the activities for the 2nd years though. She was really upset that the London trip was canceled, though they may just let 3rd years go with the 2nd years next year, but she was happy that the sports camp scheduled for the last couple of weeks won't be happening now.

I don't know how they'll handle next school year. Usually, they have a sort of orientation day for the first years around this time so they can meet their mentor, their class, etc. I don't think they can do that now. And then the first day of school for first years is always an activity day, but unless the social distancing rules are no longer in place, I don't see them being able to do that either. I'm glad neither of mine are will be first years next year!

Goofyernmost

I think this book needs to be torn up
Actually, I'm a little jealous. This years graduates will have stories to tell their grandchildren about the year that they couldn't graduate and were just given the last quarter of their last year in high school which normally consisted mostly of daydreaming about not having to go to school anymore anyway. My grandson has taken advantage of his free time to work in a takeout restaurant and has made a small fortune to start college with. And the stories he will tell. All I have is wearing a light blue cap and gown, walking up to a stage alphabetically to be handed a piece of paper from someone that probably had no idea what my name was until it was announced. At the same time worrying about tripping down the stairs while my family totally embarrassed me with their primitive hoots and hollers. Then sitting in a hot gym on metal chairs for what seemed longer then the whole senior year listening to people tell you how Websters Dictionary defines success. They get the benefit without the pain. The get their senior pictures taken in cap and gown and the yearbook pictures as well and the only thing they missed was the 2 plus hours sitting in the gym. Around here the town gave out lawn signs designating that the household harbored a 2020 graduate. I didn't get that either.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Actually, I'm a little jealous. This years graduates will have stories to tell their grandchildren about the year that they couldn't graduate and were just given the last quarter of their last year in high school which normally consisted mostly of daydreaming about not having to go to school anymore anyway. My grandson has taken advantage of his free time to work in a takeout restaurant and has made a small fortune to start college with. And the stories he will tell. All I have is wearing a light blue cap and gown, walking up to a stage alphabetically to be handed a piece of paper from someone that probably had no idea what my name was until it was announced. At the same time worrying about tripping down the stairs while my family totally embarrassed me with their primitive hoots and hollers. Then sitting in a hot gym on metal chairs for what seemed longer then the whole senior year listening to people tell you what Websters Dictionary describes success as being. They get the benefit without the pain. The get their senior pictures taken in cap and gown and the yearbook pictures as well and the only thing they missed was the 2 plus hour sitting in the gym. Around here the town gave out lawn signs designating that the household harbored a 2020 graduate. I didn't get that either.

Some people excel during a crisis. Your grandson is one of them. Congratulations to him.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Our city’s first known COVID patient returned home today.

53 year old Roy Loker travelled to Buffalo in early March, where he is believed to have contracted the virus. His symptoms started with a dry cough, and then became worse. Like most places, things were not handled well here at the very beginning of the pandemic, and it took a full week of run around before he was so sick that he was admitted to hospital on March 20th.

At that point, he was immediately whisked away to ICU, where he was intubated and placed in a medically induced coma for 28 days.

More than two and a half months since his ordeal began, he finally came home today. During that entire time, his wife Kate was permitted a single “compassionate visit” before they removed life support, although she couldn’t touch him or sit near him.

There have been 4 deaths in our city/county ... but Roy wasn’t one of them. ❤

B1238516-3BC1-4FA4-A3CF-4A9619EAE206.jpeg

ETA: https://www.chch.com/two-and-half-months-in-hosptial-covid-19-survivor-roy-loker-is-home/

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
I’ve got an itch. It totally looks like our travelling days are over, for who knows how long. We’re both home for a while yet.

So far, he’s not biting.

View attachment 474035
I recommend shih-poos. Half shih-tzu, half poodle. That's what both of my dogs have been. No shedding. Pretty well behaved. Adorable. One was definitely smarter than the other, though.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I recommend shih-poos. Half shih-tzu, half poodle. That's what both of my dogs have been. No shedding. Pretty well behaved. Adorable. One was definitely smarter than the other, though.
Holly was a cockapoo. Kelso was a shih-tzu. They were both lovely tempered, non-barking, non-shedding dogs.

Holly was smart as a whip. Kelso was as dumb as a bag of hammers, but so, so sweet. Unfortunately, we had to put her down at only 4 1/2 years old ... less than 4 weeks before my mom died suddenly.

I think we need a do-over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom