Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
So we got an email today saying we can still have one more snow day and STILL not have to make up any extra time. That means we can have about 9.5 snow days and be fine. HOW MUCH EXTRA TIME DO WE HAVE IN OUR SCHEDULE?! That's a LOT of extra time! And it makes me question why we are so hesitant to call delays or snow days. First of all, why do we have so much extra time? That's ridiculous! Second, why don't we use the time if we have it?! Last year we were sent to school in very questionable weather conditions when everyone else was off...

NYwdwfan

I bought a 500 pack of Q-Tips tonight.

One of you will find that funny. The rest, not so much.

Amateur. I believe Q-Tips should be a once-in-a-lifetime purchase. Or the people at Amazon do. Or maybe I ordered the “frat-pack” size?

Potato/potaaato at this point.

Actually, it’s the FAO Schwarz bear I bought at Macy’s on 34th Street. I call him Schwartzy.

ETA - pics of Schwartzy:

View attachment 350476

View attachment 350477

View attachment 350478
What’s glowing in the distance? It looks pretty.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We did some eagling today at one of our favorite nests here. Got to see the changing of shifts at the nest.

This distance photo of the eagle in the nest, perched up high in that tall tree, really caught my interest. There was just something regal-looking about the eagle way up there, above the "kingdom" so to speak.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So we got an email today saying we can still have one more snow day and STILL not have to make up any extra time. That means we can have about 9.5 snow days and be fine. HOW MUCH EXTRA TIME DO WE HAVE IN OUR SCHEDULE?! That's a LOT of extra time! And it makes me question why we are so hesitant to call delays or snow days. First of all, why do we have so much extra time? That's ridiculous! Second, why don't we use the time if we have it?! Last year we were sent to school in very questionable weather conditions when everyone else was off...

Can you bring this up as an agenda topic at your next teachers' meeting, or at a meeting of the school board? Maybe they need to revisit this--if nothing else, it might be good to see what the rationale was behind the decision they made.

Nemo14

This distance photo of the eagle in the nest, perched up high in that tall tree, really caught my interest. There was just something regal-looking about the eagle way up there, above the "kingdom" so to speak.
We went to that nest back on Feb 1st and could not see any sign of life, but we figure now, that one was there sitting on the eggs (the nest is quite deep so we souldn't have seen him or her from that angle. Now that he sits high up on the nest, it's a sure sign that there are babies there.

PUSH

Original Poster
Can you bring this up as an agenda topic at your next teachers' meeting, or at a meeting of the school board? Maybe they need to revisit this--if nothing else, it might be good to see what the rationale was behind the decision they made.
We used to go by days in Wisconsin, but now we go by minutes. My guess is they never changed their hours when we started going by minutes. But it's too late for next year, anyway. They already approved the calendar. And I don't want to be the teacher who questions that, or I'll be on the you-know-what list.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

That is kind of strange to have so much time, but it works out well for you this winter. Our district is changing an inservice day in March to a student day and a day that was supposed to be a full day of parent-teacher conferences is now a student day with conferences at night. We also added 5 minutes to the start of the day, which means my first hour class is five minutes longer than the rest, which will be a little odd. Good thing it is my favorite class. ;) I'm just glad our district found a way to add in time during the year instead of tacking it on to the end of the year like most of the districts around us. It is so much better to have that instructional time now than at the end of the year when the students have totally checked out. Although if there is another inclement weather day it will be added to the end of the year.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Amateur. I believe Q-Tips should be a once-in-a-lifetime purchase. Or the people at Amazon do. Or maybe I ordered the “frat-pack” size?

Potato/potaaato at this point.

What’s glowing in the distance? It looks pretty.
It’s an essential oil diffuser. It runs through a bunch of different colours. I set it to run either one or two hours every night, so it also works as a cool nightlight as I fall asleep.

We use YL Panaway exclusively in our bedroom, which smells exactly like root beer!

I have the same diffuser in the living room, but I use a different custom oil blend in that one.

PUSH

Original Poster
That is kind of strange to have so much time, but it works out well for you this winter. Our district is changing an inservice day in March to a student day and a day that was supposed to be a full day of parent-teacher conferences is now a student day with conferences at night. We also added 5 minutes to the start of the day, which means my first hour class is five minutes longer than the rest, which will be a little odd. Good thing it is my favorite class. ;) I'm just glad our district found a way to add in time during the year instead of tacking it on to the end of the year like most of the districts around us. It is so much better to have that instructional time now than at the end of the year when the students have totally checked out. Although if there is another inclement weather day it will be added to the end of the year.
The email we got said if we do go over they are looking at April 22, which right now we are scheduled off for Easter Monday (our district has never had this day off before). After that they would look at either adding some minutes to the end of each day or make June 7th a full day of school, rather than a half day. It said adding on days at the end would be a last resort.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The email we got said if we do go over they are looking at April 22, which right now we are scheduled off for Easter Monday (our district has never had this day off before). After that they would look at either adding some minutes to the end of each day or make June 7th a full day of school, rather than a half day. It said adding on days at the end would be a last resort.

Easter Monday was an option for our district too but there was a bit of backlash (including from me) because we don't have a Spring Break this year and many people were planning on using this day for vacations that are already booked. I'm not for sure that it is totally off the table but it wasn't mentioned in the last official communication. But whatever happens, happens I guess we can't control the weather.

PUSH

Original Poster
Easter Monday was an option for our district too but there was a bit of backlash (including from me) because we don't have a Spring Break this year and many people were planning on using this day for vacations that are already booked. I'm not for sure that it is totally off the table but it wasn't mentioned in the last official communication. But whatever happens, happens I guess we can't control the weather.
We have a full week of spring break at the end of March. I'm not sure why they gave us Easter Monday off. We don't have it off next year.

SteveBrickNJ

We have a full week of spring break at the end of March. I'm not sure why they gave us Easter Monday off. We don't have it off next year.
School Board of Education members maybe like to show their independent thinking and not copy what was done in the past. Sometimes a School Board has its district off on the Monday after Easter to give people a chance to return from travel......sometimes not. I just wonder if each year the "new" BOE members want to show the voters that they are "their own person" and they are not just rubber stamping what has been done in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom