Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Figgy1

@JenniferS
Happy Birthday GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
tony sirico GIF

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Mike and I went for a drive today to visit a couple communities around us and watch boats go through the locks. There was a very pronounced smoke haze in the air, and it was very overcast from the smoke. My eyes are burning, and I’m probably going to have to take an Advil for my headache.

IMG_8005.jpegIMG_8011.jpeg

For Minnie:
IMG_8015.jpegIMG_8014.jpegIMG_8023.jpegIMG_8022.jpegIMG_8032.jpegIMG_8038.jpegIMG_8039.jpeg

PUSH

Original Poster
Mike and I went for a drive today to visit a couple communities around us and watch boats go through the locks. There was a very pronounced smoke haze in the air, and it was very overcast from the smoke. My eyes are burning, and I’m probably going to have to take an Advil for my headache.

View attachment 809964View attachment 809965

For Minnie:
View attachment 809966View attachment 809967View attachment 809968View attachment 809969View attachment 809970View attachment 809971View attachment 809972
This like was for the trip... not for the smoke and haze.

PUSH

Original Poster
That post makes me think I should have taken pictures for @MinnieM123 today, too. I went to the National Mississippi River Museum because teachers get in free all month. They have a lot of cool exhibits with plaques. I didn't think to take a picture of any. But in my defense, it was me and one other adult with four children. And at one point I was solely responsible for three of them. An 8 year old, a 5 year old, and an almost two year old. This is as close to parenting as I've gotten in my life. 😂

Figgy1

View attachment 809964View attachment 809965

For Minnie:
View attachment 809966View attachment 809967View attachment 809968View attachment 809969View attachment 809970View attachment 809971View attachment 809972
HUGS

PUSH

Original Poster
I just added something to my calendar and saw the month of August. At the start of the month, I had one thing going on this week. August was looking to be the month with the least on the schedule, and then it turned into this. And looking at this, I have to add another thing to the 22nd.

Screenshot_20240816_210225_Calendar.jpg

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
That post makes me think I should have taken pictures for @MinnieM123 today, too. I went to the National Mississippi River Museum because teachers get in free all month. They have a lot of cool exhibits with plaques. I didn't think to take a picture of any. But in my defense, it was me and one other adult with four children. And at one point I was solely responsible for three of them. An 8 year old, a 5 year old, and an almost two year old. This is as close to parenting as I've gotten in my life. 😂
“Should I take a pic of a plaque for Minnie?”

The answer is yes. Always yes.
I even took a pic of the French side for her aussi.

IMG_8017.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@JenniferS , sorry to hear about the smoke/haze in your area. (It even drifted down, but to a lesser extent, here in New England, yesterday.)

Loved your photos, and the PLAQUE!! 🥰🥰 (In English AND French! Double treat!! :joyfull:) Thank you!

That really was interesting about how a Lock works -- I never knew ANY of that.

We have Canada geese down here as well. You correctly identified them as crap goblins. They are a nuisance!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sounds like your museum visit was both fun and challenging at the same time! You had enough on your plate with watching the 3 kids, and no problem whatsoever from me, for no pics of any plaques! :)

Goofyernmost

Well darn. My premium membership has expired. I’ll have to dig out the credit card in the am and re-up for another tour of duty. No offence to non-premium members, but I don’t know how you handle the ads.
Personally, I just ignore them. I may not be part of the group with the secret messages and handshake but I get along just fine. The only time they bother me is when they are placed in the way of areas that I have to get too. That happens way to often, especially at the bottom of the page.

Goofyernmost

There was a large flock of Canada geese pooping all over the grass and walkways. Some kid drove his bike toward them, sending them scurrying.

View attachment 809973View attachment 809974Some lady hollered at him to knock it off. That lady was not me. I laughed. I hate those crap goblins.
At least they are still in Canada where they belong. They are particularly annoying when they are doing the same thing all over the place and lets face it, they are the real illegal aliens.

The most annoying thing is when the flock decides to cross the roads holding up traffic while they slowly go to the other side. I wish you guys would teach them manners or how to walk faster and also that they can fly. When I am waiting all I can think of is Scrooge and Christmas dinner. They don't seem to realize that they are edible even with car bumper bruises.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom