Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

FutureCEO

I'm not a thrill ride person, so I don't care about the new coasters. I love the idea of Villains Land, and I think it could be awesome, but I don't need a coaster. That being said, I think it's appropriate. I doubt many littles will want to go to villains land...it's too scary for them. On my honeymoon, we were sat next to a family with a 3 year old watching the parade, and every time a villain came by, he started crying. He was terrified of them, so we started talking to him about his favorite things he did that day to distract him. His parents had made the mistake of taking him on the snow white ride that had a warning about being scary for small children, but they hadn't seen it. I can only imagine how terrified most kids would be of an entire land of nothing but villains. It seems like something more geared to adults or at least teens, and the majority of people in that category DO like thrill rides. And really, villains theming should be kind of suspenseful and lends itself more to thrill rides. So I get why they are doing it and I think they are right to do it, but I won't be riding it.

I'm very excited about the Tropical Americas thing....I hope they do it well. It sounds like it will maybe be kind of a South American theme, which has been SEVERELY under-represented in the parks. Africa and Asia are pretty well represented in AK, and Europe and North America are taken care of in Epcot, but there's not really anywhere that showcases South American culture, so it's definitely a great idea.

The rest, I don't have any strong feelings either way. I don't do TT, I won't do thrill rides, I'm not a star wars fan and never got to do Smugglers Run last time...I'm not bothered, and I'm glad they are getting rid of ITTBAB, but I don't really care what they replace it with....anything will be better than that traumatizing horror show.
When I was a kid I cried at the Haunted Mansion and I hated the evil guy from Fantasia.

The thing about Star Wars at MGM and this upcoming Lion King in France.....it will be based from the movies that hold no attachment to the majority of people. People want the animated Lion King (1990s animated) and the old Star Wars.

Goofyernmost

When I was a kid I cried at the Haunted Mansion and I hated the evil guy from Fantasia.

The thing about Star Wars at MGM and this upcoming Lion King in France.....it will be based from the movies that hold no attachment to the majority of people. People want the animated Lion King (1990s animated) and the old Star Wars.
What the heck, the use of MGM for a place that hasn't had that connection in 20 years as like the old Star Wars. Neither have a real connection to modern DHS with most people.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Is that where Monsters Inc is rumored to be going? If so, I hate that. Muppet Vision is one of the best shows Disney has ever done. It's a must do every trip for me.
There are two pieces of art - one seemingly depicting Muppets area; the other, Animation Courtyard.

We go to Muppet Vision every trip too, but I really don’t actually care about it one way or the other. I find it a little dull, and Waldo is beyond annoying.

It’s a padded seat. It’s air conditioned. And I’ve been known to “rest my eyes” in there.

The shop is a former shell of its magnificent self. PizzeRizzo was never open past 5:00 the last time we were there. The fountain is still cute though.

I don’t want to lose the Muppets entirely, but MV itself is not especially near and dear to my heart.

PUSH

Original Poster
There are two pieces of art - one seemingly depicting Muppets area; the other, Animation Courtyard.

We go to Muppet Vision every trip too, but I really don’t actually care about it one way or the other. I find it a little dull, and Waldo is beyond annoying.

It’s a padded seat. It’s air conditioned. And I’ve been known to “rest my eyes” in there.

The shop is a former shell of its magnificent self. PizzeRizzo was never open past 5:00 the last time we were there. The fountain is still cute though.

I don’t want to lose the Muppets entirely, but MV itself is not especially near and dear to my heart.
I'd much rather get rid of the Animation Courtyard. We never even go there. It seems like a lot more space for a new land, too. Muppets doesn't seem very big.

PUSH

Original Poster
So, take this with a grain of salt but daughter has a co-worker who was in CP and she has heard they are keeping Muppets. Again, I don't know coworker's source....
I agree that Animation Courtyard should go.
The article posted on this site earlier suggested that there is a different upcoming, unannounced project for the Animation Courtyard. But that isn't official. MuppetVision is one of the few family-friendly, non-LL attractions in the park, so it'd be a shame to lose that.

rshell68

Right?! Animation Courtyard is basically a ghost town. Lots of room over there for the Monsters Inc stuff.

It already seems set up nicely for Monstropolis, too, with the courtyard.
Agreed!! My only concern is they were talking about reviving Little Mermaid over there I thought. The Star Wars meet and greets can move over to Galaxy's Edge.

I am not going to lie, I will be heartbroken to lose Muppets. I grew up with Sesame Street and the Muppet Show and loved Jim Henson. Totally ugly cried/sobbed watching his funeral.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Agreed!! My only concern is they were talking about reviving Little Mermaid over there I thought. The Star Wars meet and greets can move over to Galaxy's Edge.

I am not going to lie, I will be heartbroken to lose Muppets. I grew up with Sesame Street and the Muppet Show and loved Jim Henson. Totally ugly cried/sobbed watching his funeral.

Little Mermaid is coming back but the main entrance to the theater is not in the main courtyard, the exit is though as is the exit from the theater for the One Man's Dream (or whatever they are calling the Walt Disney display/movie nowadays). I think Muppets would be a big loss, but I think despite the pushes of Muppets into the spotlight lately I don't know how many younger people and kids know them. Not many of my students the last couple of years did, any reference I made to Kermit or Fozzie etc... kind of fell flat.

FutureCEO

I don't remember Jim Henson. I was only 5 but I do like the Muppets. It's a shame they are not really used anymore.

Star Tour would be a big blow for me too because I don't care for Millennium Falcon. Plus, I would rather wait in a 10 minute line.

PUSH

Original Poster

Honestly, I'd move the Little Mermaid show to the Indiana Jones show area. It wouldn't take much to remodel that area. The Indy show has run its course IMO, and I feel like Little Mermaid draws more crowds. I've never seen the Little Mermaid show, though, so my comment may be way off course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom