Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
There was a lot of self-deprecating humour in last night's presentation. It's like they know they've messed up bad, acknowledges it, and are committed to righting the ship. I actually have a ton of confidence that most, if not all, will get built. The degree of value engineering remains to be seen.

I was live chatting on Telegram with another member last night, and we were stoked ... although he HATES the idea of Carsland. When Bestie came home from a concert (seriously who goes to a concert on D23 night?!?), she was 211 messages behind.

And that intro by Patrick was brilliant!
I didn't watch it, but saw all the news this morning. My thoughts...

- Villains Land, yes!!!
- Monsters Inc Land, I'll gladly take it, but do we really need more thrill rides at Hollywood Studios, or do we need family friendly rides with high capacity?
- Cars, I'll take it, but I absolutely hate that it's a part of Frontierland. Frontierland is supposed to be themed to the old west. Last I checked, cars were not part of that era.
- Tropical Americas, yes, but I wish they would have built it as a new land and redone Dinoland. The dinosaur theme has such great potential, but it was executed so poorly.
- Nighttime parade, YES!!!!!!! But I hope it's better than their recent track record on nighttime shows.
- Test Track, we already knew this was happening, but it was so needed. TT was super outdated, and 2.0 was never that entertaining.
- New Smuggler's Run scenes, meh.
- Lounges, meh.
- Zootopia show, meh, but A Bug's Life needed replacing.

I've never been to another Disney park or on cruises, so I don't have any opinions on that.

Songbird76

- Villains Land, yes!!!
- Monsters Inc Land, I'll gladly take it, but do we really need more thrill rides at Hollywood Studios, or do we need family friendly rides with high capacity?
- Cars, I'll take it, but I absolutely hate that it's a part of Frontierland. Frontierland is supposed to be themed to the old west. Last I checked, cars were not part of that era.
- Tropical Americas, yes, but I wish they would have built it as a new land and redone Dinoland. The dinosaur theme has such great potential, but it was executed so poorly.
- Nighttime parade, YES!!!!!!! But I hope it's better than their recent track record on nighttime shows.
- Test Track, we already knew this was happening, but it was so needed. TT was super outdated, and 2.0 was never that entertaining.
- Lounges, meh.

I've never been to another Disney park or on cruises, so I don't have any opinions on that.
I'm not a thrill ride person, so I don't care about the new coasters. I love the idea of Villains Land, and I think it could be awesome, but I don't need a coaster. That being said, I think it's appropriate. I doubt many littles will want to go to villains land...it's too scary for them. On my honeymoon, we were sat next to a family with a 3 year old watching the parade, and every time a villain came by, he started crying. He was terrified of them, so we started talking to him about his favorite things he did that day to distract him. His parents had made the mistake of taking him on the snow white ride that had a warning about being scary for small children, but they hadn't seen it. I can only imagine how terrified most kids would be of an entire land of nothing but villains. It seems like something more geared to adults or at least teens, and the majority of people in that category DO like thrill rides. And really, villains theming should be kind of suspenseful and lends itself more to thrill rides. So I get why they are doing it and I think they are right to do it, but I won't be riding it.

I'm very excited about the Tropical Americas thing....I hope they do it well. It sounds like it will maybe be kind of a South American theme, which has been SEVERELY under-represented in the parks. Africa and Asia are pretty well represented in AK, and Europe and North America are taken care of in Epcot, but there's not really anywhere that showcases South American culture, so it's definitely a great idea.

The rest, I don't have any strong feelings either way. I don't do TT, I won't do thrill rides, I'm not a star wars fan and never got to do Smugglers Run last time...I'm not bothered, and I'm glad they are getting rid of ITTBAB, but I don't really care what they replace it with....anything will be better than that traumatizing horror show.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So I walked in my local Stop and Flop (real name is Stop and Shop) thinking about making something, I haven't bought a stick of butter in forever.

This was almost $8. Didn't get it obviously. It's like Jesus, when did that go up so high. I should have went to Aldi but I go shopping way too early for Aldi.

View attachment 808172
Too bad you don't have a Market Basket near you -- prices are much better than S&S. I bought butter (different brand/local to Maine), and paid about $5.60 for the same amount as the L O Lakes that you purchased.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
So I walked in my local Stop and Flop (real name is Stop and Shop) thinking about making something, I haven't bought a stick of butter in forever.

This was almost $8. Didn't get it obviously. It's like Jesus, when did that go up so high. I should have went to Aldi but I go shopping way too early for Aldi.

View attachment 808172
Price of butter has been stupid crazy for the past two years. Its really put a halt to my "baking on a whim".
Too bad you don't have a Market Basket near you -- prices are much better than S&S. I bought butter (different brand/local to Maine), and paid about $5.60 for the same amount as the L O Lakes that you purchased.
It doesn't seem that long ago that I could get butter on sale for $1.99/lb. Now, I'd take $2.99 for store brand, but that's a dream too. 🙁

- Villains Land, yes!!!
- Lounges, meh.

Is there a summary of all the announcements? We're in Ireland, and our Alexa keeps teasing us with a video that can't be viewed in the EU. 😝

Goofyernmost

- Villains Land, yes!!!
- Lounges, meh.

I agree with most everything you posted except the Frontierland objection. There is almost a total lack of any interest in the old west, Cowboys and Indians, type of representation. If the layout for "cars" is the same as Disneyland's than I am fully behind it and it is a modern day Frontierland based on the part of the country that "cars" represents. The old west died in the early 60's or whenever Gunsmoke and/or Bonanza were canceled. We are trying to discourage settling disputes with guns and wiping out them redskins. And there is very little going on in the current Frontierland that has any semblance to the "old west" anyway. The current Frontier is in the mid-western, mostly western, part of the country.

I don't believe in hiding history, but there really is no way to depict that era in a positive way. It should be taught as history in schools, but at this point there is very little about the old west that can be presented in a positive entertaining way. I would enthusiastically welcome "Cars" here in the east just like having PoTC as a clone in Disneyland was a good share. Just my humble opinion.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I agree with most everything you posted except the Frontierland objection. There is almost a total lack of any interest in the old west, Cowboys and Indians, type of representation. If the layout for "cars" is the same as Disneyland's than I am fully behind it and it is a modern day Frontierland based on the part of the country that "cars" represents. The old west died in the early 60's or whenever Gunsmoke and/or Bonanza were canceled. We are trying to discourage settling disputes with guns and wiping out them redskins. And there is very little going on in the current Frontierland that has any semblance to the "old west" anyway. The current Frontier is in the mid-western, mostly western, part of the country.

I don't believe in hiding history, but there really is no way to depict that era in a positive way. It should be taught as history in schools, but at this point there is very little about the old west that can be presented in a positive entertaining way. I would enthusiastically welcome "Cars" here in the east just like having PoTC as a clone in Disneyland was a good share. Just my humble opinion.
It’s not going to be RSR though. What they described sounds fun; and the second lesser attraction sounds like a newer better Speedway, which means hopefully that area can be repurposed down the road. 🤞

Hopefully they produce some really neat rock work to seamlessly marry the area to Big Thunder. Nobody really knows where it’s going either.

Goofyernmost

It’s not going to be RSR though. What they described sounds fun; and the second lesser attraction sounds like a newer better Speedway, which means hopefully that area can be repurposed down the road. 🤞

Hopefully they produce some really neat rock work to seamlessly marry the area to Big Thunder. Nobody really knows where it’s going either.
Well, I guess I'll have to see what they do. I can't get to California anymore and that would have been my only reason for going again. But I might, however, be able to get to Florida if I live long enough. To be honest if I could physically go to either place "Cars" would be the only reason for me to do so. (sadly, I'm to old for "Make a Wish")

PUSH

Original Poster

I thought the entire area behind Big Thunder was supposed to be the Villains Land. But I wonder if they'll add Cars to that area, too.

FutureCEO

I do have a Market Basket....Just so so so crowded. It's like Disney during Christmas. Aldi is closer but you can't really do a whole shopping there.

FutureCEO

- Villains Land, yes!!!
- Lounges, meh.

One of the Monsters Inc pictures looks like the Muppet Courtyard area.

But yes, Disney needs less thrill rides. Who would have thought we would be saying that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom