Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
CWas merely stating a fact, not taking sides 😉

Capybara GIF by Puppy Bowl

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
It seems that LoJack is pretty much the same as Life360.
LoJack is actually a colloquial term. It's actually a stolen vehicle recovery system, but everybody uses the term to refer to many different tracking devices/systems.

Find My is an Apple app through our phones. Like the system you mentioned, it tracks anyone you're connected to in real time.

PUSH

Original Poster
After summer school, I moved some furniture around in my classroom, including a massive, heavy cabinet. I got it all in place how I pictured it, and I hated it. So I moved it all back. It's very hot and humid here today, which means it's very hot and humid in the school. Which means I did all that work in the heath and humidity for nothing.

Oh well, I'm glad I tried. I've been thinking about the new layout for a couple of weeks, and I know it doesn't look good now.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
After summer school, I moved some furniture around in my classroom, including a massive, heavy cabinet. I got it all in place how I pictured it, and I hated it. So I moved it all back. It's very hot and humid here today, which means it's very hot and humid in the school. Which means I did all that work in the heath and humidity for nothing.

Oh well, I'm glad I tried. I've been thinking about the new layout for a couple of weeks, and I know it doesn't look good now.

Since tomorrow is August, I guess I will start thinking about school. We have 12 hours of inservice to do on our own (not during any contracted hours) before August 31 so I'm going in tomorrow for 4 hours. I can't next week since I'll be in California. I'll probably be moving a lot of stuff around the room too. I don't necessarily mind the 12 hours we have to do on our own, we can even do 4 hours outside of the district (so work for from home). They mandated this year though that the blocks of time have to be 4 hours or more at a time. I think it should be a minimum of 2 hours or more at a time. Oh well.

PUSH

Original Poster
Since tomorrow is August, I guess I will start thinking about school. We have 12 hours of inservice to do on our own (not during any contracted hours) before August 31 so I'm going in tomorrow for 4 hours. I can't next week since I'll be in California. I'll probably be moving a lot of stuff around the room too. I don't necessarily mind the 12 hours we have to do on our own, we can even do 4 hours outside of the district (so work for from home). They mandated this year though that the blocks of time have to be 4 hours or more at a time. I think it should be a minimum of 2 hours or more at a time. Oh well.
The 4 hour block is weird. I wonder why they have stipulations?

We have an unknown day on Friday the 23rd. It says inservice on the calendar, but we've also heard through the grapevine that it may be flexible time, or time dedicated for the training/health/safety videos. But we've gotten no information on that, so nobody knows if we should plan on being at school or not.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The 4 hour block is weird. I wonder why they have stipulations?

We have an unknown day on Friday the 23rd. It says inservice on the calendar, but we've also heard through the grapevine that it may be flexible time, or time dedicated for the training/health/safety videos. But we've gotten no information on that, so nobody knows if we should plan on being at school or not.

I don't know why they have the 4 hour stipulation, maybe they think that more time we spend in a block working the more we will get done but that isn't necessarily true. I might mention it to my principal at some point. I might do the mandatory trainings from home as part of the 4 hours we can do not in district, I also might peruse the free stuff on Teachers Pay Teachers during that time too although the school does have faster internet for that. And weird for you about the Friday, they should be clear if it is flex time or not.

PUSH

Original Poster
I don't know why they have the 4 hour stipulation, maybe they think that more time we spend in a block working the more we will get done but that isn't necessarily true. I might mention it to my principal at some point. I might do the mandatory trainings from home as part of the 4 hours we can do not in district, I also might peruse the free stuff on Teachers Pay Teachers during that time too although the school does have faster internet for that. And weird for you about the Friday, they should be clear if it is flex time or not.
I meant to reply to this, but forgot. I normally play the trainings as I work in my room. In some years, we haven't been given time to do our trainings, so I've played them on mute while I was teaching. They're the same thing every year, and I know the answers to all the quizzes.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Exercise is good for you.

Just keep repeating that to yourself. 😉

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I meant to reply to this, but forgot. I normally play the trainings as I work in my room. In some years, we haven't been given time to do our trainings, so I've played them on mute while I was teaching. They're the same thing every year, and I know the answers to all the quizzes.
Yeah the trainings are easy. This will be my 25th time taking them or at least some form of them.

SteveBrickNJ

I just watched this movie on Netflix called "The Adjustment Bureau".
It's not what I expected....it's better than I expected.
It stars Matt Damon and Emily Blunt

Has anyone seen it?
If not, you might wanna give it a try.

Last edited:

trr1

https://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-day

NATIONAL WATER BALLOON DAY | First Friday in August
International Beer Day | First Friday in August
NATIONAL COLORING BOOK DAY | August 2
NATIONAL ICE CREAM SANDWICH DAY | August 2

NATIONAL PLAY OUTSIDE DAY | First Saturday of Every Month
SANDCASTLE DAY | First Saturday in August
NATIONAL VFR DAY | First Saturday in August
NATIONAL SUNFLOWER DAY | August 3, 2024
NATIONAL HAIR GLOSS DAY | August 3
NATIONAL SUMMIT DAY | First Saturday in August
INTERNATIONAL HANGOVER DAY | Day After International Beer Day
NATIONAL GEORGIA DAY | August 3
NATIONAL DISC GOLF DAY | First Saturday in August
NATIONAL JAMAICAN PATTY DAY | First Saturday in August
MEAD DAY | First Saturday in August
NATIONAL GRAB SOME NUTS DAY | August 3
NATIONAL MUSTARD DAY | First Saturday in August
NATIONAL WATERMELON DAY | August 3

NATIONAL SISTERS DAY | First Sunday in August
AMERICAN FAMILY DAY| First Sunday in August
NATIONAL COAST GUARD DAY | August 4
NATIONAL FRIENDSHIP DAY | First Sunday in August
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DAY | August 4

NATIONAL OYSTER DAY - August 5
NATIONAL WORK LIKE A DOG DAY - August 5
NATIONAL UNDERWEAR DAY - August 5

NATIONAL SOCIAL ENGINEERING DAY | August 6
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT DAY - First Tuesday in August
NATIONAL FRESH BREATH DAY - August 6
NATIONAL ROOT BEER FLOAT DAY - August 6
NATIONAL WIGGLE YOUR TOES DAY - August 6

PURPLE HEART DAY - August 7
NATIONAL RASPBERRIES N’ CREAM DAY - August 7
NATIONAL SEA SERPENT DAY - August 7
NATIONAL LIGHTHOUSE DAY - August 7

NATIONAL PICKLEBALL DAY | August 8
NATIONAL MOCHI DAY| August 8
NATIONAL WHATABURGER DAY | August 8
GLOBAL SLEEP UNDER THE STARS NIGHT - August 8
NATIONAL CBD DAY - August 8
NATIONAL DOLLAR DAY - August 8
NATIONAL FROZEN CUSTARD DAY - August 8
NATIONAL HAPPINESS HAPPENS DAY - August 8
SNEAK SOME ZUCCHINI INTO YOUR NEIGHBOR'S PORCH DAY - August 8

INTERNATIONAL BLUES MUSIC DAY | First Saturday in August

INTERNATIONAL CLOUDED LEOPARD DAY - August 4

INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC LIGHT DAY - August 5

INTERNATIONAL INFINITY DAY - August 8
INTERNATIONAL CAT DAY - August 8

Last edited:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I just watched this movie on Netflix called "The Adjustment Bureau".
It's not what I expected....it's better than I expected.
It stars Matt Damon and Emily Blunt

Has anyone seen it?
If not, you might wanna give it a try.

Thank you. I’m always looking for recommendations that people have actually seen. Two very engaging leads … should be fun.

Tonight is baseball, so maybe tomorrow. 🙂

PUSH

Original Poster
Yesterday was the last day of summer school. It's bittersweet because that means there's only three more weeks of summer. Next week is busy. Mostly fun stuff, but I'm booked solid except for Wednesday. So I'll probably use that day to go in and start setting up my room. I did little by little throughout summer school, but I don't want things getting messed up, so I wait to do most until after it's over. I planned on staying for a few hours after school yesterday, but I got to that point and decided I didn't want to. I had no desire at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom