Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

SteveBrickNJ

Three more days left of summer school. Not sure if I'm excited for it to end, because that just means there's only three weeks left of summer. It always goes by so fast.
I am jealous with you. The most recent fours years I taught at summer music camp. This year there was no funding for that. I miss the kids and the extra money too.20240729_185551.jpg In the 1990s my summers were spent being the engineer of this Pt Pleasant Beach NJ boardwalk train...

Figgy1

Premium Member
@Tiggerish
Happy Birthday GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
Excited Happy Birthday GIF by Mickey Mouse
Excited Happy Birthday GIF by Kiki

James has the honor of sharing the day with you

Goofyernmost

Last week I had lunch at a popular Cracker Barrel restaurant. Little did I know when I left home that my car battery had only that one startup left before it passed away. So when I left the restaurant, or tried to leave, the battery had already straight lined with no warning. One of the very negative things about cars and batteries in modern cars.

Anyway that was a rather wordy pre-curser to the fact that as I waited for AAA to show up I had plenty of time to look over the completely filled parking lot and for that entire hour with people arriving and leaving I had the only car in the lot that wasn't white, black or some shade of silver or grey. And like a sore thumb my bright red stationary automobile shown brightly drastically easing the arriving AAA vehicle drivers chore of finding me in a crowded parking lot.

It's no wonder that the world is so agitated. When people are not even able to have the ability to rise above drabness, anger is bound to force it's way out. However, even though I do agree with the above meme', as far as colo(u)rs are concerned, the fact that every vehicle shown is either a Beetle or a shapeless tiny box could also create a bit of tediousness in itself. I can remember when we used to visit dealers just to see what the cars looked like when they were introduced. To this day if I look at a car from the 50's or 60's, at least in the states, I can immediately identify the car and be within a year of the model year. Now just about every auto, sedans or SUV's, all look almost exactly the same which just adds to the proof of our Stepford Wives forced personalities. That leaves us with only two types of personalities. We are either docile and submissive or massively angry and aggressive. Those in the middle have bright red cars. 😇 🤬

Last edited:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Last week I had lunch at a popular Cracker Barrel restaurant. Little did I know when I left home that my car battery had only that one startup left before it passed away. So when I left the restaurant, or tried to leave, the battery had already straight lined with no warning. One of the very negative things about cars and batteries in modern cars.

Anyway that was a rather wordy pre-curser to the fact that as I waited for AAA to show up I had plenty of time to look over the completely filled parking lot and for that entire hour with people arriving and leaving I had the only car in the lot that wasn't white, black or some shade of silver or grey. And like a sore thumb my bright red stationary automobile shown brightly drastically easing the arriving AAA vehicle drivers chore of finding me in a crowded parking lot.

It's no wonder that the world is so agitated. When people are not even able to have the ability to rise above drabness, anger is bound to force it's way out. However, even though I do agree with the above meme', as far as colo(u)rs are concerned, the fact that every vehicle shown is either a Beetle or a shapeless tiny box could also create a bit of tediousness in itself. I can remember when we used to visit dealers just to see what the cars looked like when they were introduced. To this day if I look at a car from the 50's or 60's, at least in the states, I can immediately identify the car and be within a year of the model year. Now just about every auto, sedans or SUV's, all look almost exactly the same which just adds to the proof of our Stepford Wives forced personalities. That leaves us with only two types of personalities. We are either docile and submissive or massively angry and aggressive. Those in the middle have bright red cars. 😇 🤬
Means I'm in the middle also.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Since we were just talking about the lack of a multitude of auto colors I just saw an aerial photo of part of DAK's parking lot which totally proves the point.
View attachment 805304
I have bought 4 brand new Altimas since 2006.

In each case, I really only had 4 or 5 colour choices from which to choose - dark grey, white, black, light grey/silver, and a fifth colour that varied model year to model year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom