Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
I have bought 4 brand new Altimas since 2006.

In each case, I really only had 4 or 5 colour choices from which to choose - dark grey, white, black, light grey/silver, and a fifth colour that varied model year to model year.
I've had three cars, two were used*. My current Terrain is the only one I've bought new. They had a dull blue color, which I didn't care for on a car. I wanted black or gray... I just think they look crisp and clean. I went an hour away to get it in black. They also had gray, but I didn't like it as well once I got there. Plus, the gray was a 2023, and the black was a 2024 for about the same price.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
My family never did a whole lot for birthdays growing up. A couple gifts, a cake, and maybe our grandparents coming. Never any big parties or anything. Next year is my golden birthday and a milestone, so I feel like I should do something.
Oh, my mom did cake and invited in every child playing in the street when it was time (which I hated), and my brother loved celebrating his birthday... right up.until.he died.from.9/11 related.cancer two days before my birthday in 2015.

Kinda sucked any kind of joy out of the day. Now, each of my birthdays is a reminder that he, who was far more.fond of making a big deal.of his birthday than I ever was, gets no.more of them. His 50th was his last (seems that he was exactly 10 years.older than you, and we were "Irish twins", with little more than a year between us)

You should absolutely recognize your golden birthday--have a party, my bro had always planned to do a big party for his, but then decided not to because he didn't want it to be a big "my last birthday" party. I still think he should've had it...

Sorry for the downer, everyone.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Oh, my mom did cake and invited in every child playing in the street when it was time (which I hated), and my brother loved celebrating his birthday... right up.until.he died.from.9/11 related.cancer two days before my birthday in 2015.

Kinda sucked any kind of joy out of the day. Now, each of my birthdays is a reminder that he, who was far more.fond of making a big deal.of his birthday than I ever was, gets no.more of them. His 50th was his last (seems that he was exactly 10 years.older than you, and we were "Irish twins", with little more than a year between us)

You should absolutely recognize your golden birthday--have a party, my bro had always planned to do a big party for his, but then decided not to because he didn't want it to be a big "my last birthday" party. I still think he should've had it...

Sorry for the downer, everyone.
No care emoji like on FB. Sorry.
Birthdays make me maudlin some years too.

I fled to NYC to avoid any 50th birthday celebrations. 11 months later though, we threw a big shindig for my Irish Twin’s 50th.

My middle brother, sadly never made it to 50, leaving us at 46. 😢 My youngest brother turns 50 in less than 2 months!

Goofyernmost

My family never did a whole lot for birthdays growing up. A couple gifts, a cake, and maybe our grandparents coming. Never any big parties or anything. Next year is my golden birthday and a milestone, so I feel like I should do something.
We always celebrated Birthdays be they adult or kids. It was just a tradition for years and the last few years it has basically just something that I get invited to when I comes to my children separately, but we still tend to get together for my kids grandchildren and of course for mine as the reigning patriarch of the family. That pretty much means the one that is expected to go next.
No care emoji like on FB. Sorry.
Birthdays make me maudlin some years too.

I fled to NYC to avoid any 50th birthday celebrations. 11 months later though, we threw a big shindig for my Irish Twin’s 50th.

My middle brother, sadly never made it to 50, leaving us at 46. 😢 My youngest brother turns 50 in less than 2 months!
That is one thing that I didn't ever do while growing up was to celebrate those milestone birthdays. I was shocked when my wife did a big one for my 50th. It was something I never heard of and felt guilty because she was older than me and I did nothing except take her and the girls out to dinner just like any old birthday. However, it spoiled me so last year when I turned 75 (another milestone birthday) one of my daughters had gone up to Vermont to visit her in-laws but my other daughter did do a small get together. No big deal. This year I think they tried to make up for it and they did well.

P.S. That is why it is good to have at least two kids giving you a party backup.

JenniferS

Premium Member
We always celebrated Birthdays be they adult or kids. It was just a tradition for years and the last few years it has basically just something that I get invited to when I comes to my children separately, but we still tend to get together for my kids grandchildren and of course for mine as the reigning patriarch of the family. That pretty much means the one that is expected to go next.

That is one thing that I didn't ever do while growing up was to celebrate those milestone birthdays. I was shocked when my wife did a big one for my 50th. It was something I never heard of and felt guilty because she was older than me and I did nothing except take her and the girls out to dinner just like any old birthday. However, it spoiled me so last year when I turned 75 (another milestone birthday) one of my daughters had gone up to Vermont to visit her in-laws but my other daughter did do a small get together. No big deal. This year I think they tried to make up for it and they did well.

P.S. That is why it is good to have at least two kids giving you a party backup.
My boys call me every day. Often twice a day, if I fail to end the first phone call with “Love you”, but they have never done anything for my birthday or Mother’s Day. Now that they’re long out of school, they don’t even have a clue when Mother’s Day is. They might not even know when my birthday is.

We’re not really holiday people except for Christmas. We all seem fine with it, so it works.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
they don’t even have a clue when Mother’s Day is. They might not even know when my birthday is.
Even if the boys forget about specific dates, you can count on all your pals here to acknowledge both events with you. We're kind of a celebratory crowd to begin with, so we've got you covered! :joyfull: (Except for Christmas at your home; you're all set with the family for that one.) :)

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Even if the boys forget about specific dates, you can count on all your pals here to acknowledge both events with you. We're kind of a celebratory crowd to begin with, so we've got you covered! :joyfull: (Except for Christmas at your home; you're all set with the family for that one.) :)
Are we talking the real mothers day or your fake one 😉

Goofyernmost

My boys call me every day. Often twice a day, if I fail to end the first phone call with “Love you”, but they have never done anything for my birthday or Mother’s Day. Now that they’re long out of school, they don’t even have a clue when Mother’s Day is. They might not even know when my birthday is.

We’re not really holiday people except for Christmas. We all seem fine with it, so it works.
My girls almost never call me. Sometime I'll go for weeks and never hear from my eldest. My youngest has me connected with Life360 app and she checks daily to see if I have made any movements. If not she will call or at least text. I do see her weekly for Sunday dinner. I don't feel that my eldest doesn't care, she has always been that way. She shows affection when we are together and I just went to Pigeon Forge with her and her family. She, unfortunately inherited my independence gene. She is always there when I need her and I guess figures that since I have a lot more contact with her sister that if anything happens she will hear about it. BTW, we live only 3.5 miles apart. It is different now. The youngest grandchild is 12 and the rest are 21, 22 and 24 deep into beginning their own life. It is amazing how things change so quickly.

The real possibility that something might happen and by the time they find out might be to late. I have established a system with one of my friends that we text each other every morning just to make sure we still exist. If one of us fails to either answer a text or a follow up phone call then we have given each other the numbers of family members that will be called to check on us. It works well and thankfully has only been tested once when she left her phone in her car and couldn't find it right away.

That Life360 app. is great. If either of us is on the highway we can follow their trip and can chart our progress. When they recently drove to Vermont I was able to watch their progress and likewise when I went to Tennessee, she followed my progress and it surprisingly relieves a little of the worry without my having to have them tell me when they arrive at their destination. It is amazing it follows them no matter where they are. At my age, it doesn't bother me if someone cares enough to follow me by satellite. They are flying up to Vermont in a week or so and I can't wait to find out if it tracks them while in the air.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Premium Member
My girls almost never call me. Sometime I'll go for weeks and never hear from my eldest. My youngest has me connected with Life360 app and she checks daily to see if I have made any movements. If not she will call or at least text. I do see her weekly for Sunday dinner. I don't feel that my eldest doesn't care, she has always been that way. She shows affection when we are together and I just went to Pigeon Forge with her and her family. She, unfortunately inherited my independence gene. She is always there when I need her and I guess figures that since I have a lot more contact with her sister that if anything happens she will hear about it. BTW, we live only 3.5 miles apart. It is different now. The youngest grandchild is 12 and the rest are 21, 22 and 24 deep into beginning their own life. It is amazing how things change so quickly.

The real possibility that something might happen and by the time they find out might be to late I have established a system with one of my friends that we text each other every morning just to make sure we still exist. If one of us fails to either answer a text or a follow up phone call then we have given each other the numbers of family members that will be called to check on us. It works well and thankfully has only been tested once when she left her phone in her car and couldn't find it right away.

That Life360 app. is great. If either of us is on the highway we can follow their trip and can chart our progress. When they recently drove to Vermont I was able to watch their progress and likewise when I went to Tennessee, she followed my progress and it surprisingly relieves a little of the worry without my having to have them tell me when they arrive at their destination. It is amazing it follows them no matter where they are. At my age, it doesn't bother me if someone cares enough to follow me by satellite. They are flying up to Vermont in a week or so and I can't wait to find out if it tracks them while in the air.
Mike and I “LoJack” each other on “Find My”.
Have for years. Our kids are horrified.

It’s great for knowing when to start supper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom