Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
A got his exam results! He did really well and just missed c.um laude by a little bit. If they used the rounded off grades, he'd have the average of 8, but he comes in just under that with the unrounded raw grades.
I don’t know what any of this means, but it sounds like he “done good” … so, YAY A!!!

Songbird76

Is he graduating as well, I thought he had a couple of more years
He's graduating as well. Because of the tiered system, he graduates this year. Each tier adds a year. E's top tier, so her high school was six years. A's is one lower, so his was five years. And he's only a year behind her in school, so he graduates the same year. BUT, his school doesn't offer physics or advanced math, which he will need for a tech career, so he is going to do a year at the adult high school to pick up those classes. So this year, he gets his nature and health diploma, next year he'll get his nature and technology diploma, and then he'll go on to either the highest level, that E just completed, or he'll go to community College. It's up to him. He's only 16, so he's got plenty of time to figure out what he wants to do. But he's no longer required by the government to go to school. They can't fine us now if he skips school. We could take a vacation in the middle of the school year now and they couldn't do a thing, because the kids both have diplomas. You have to be 16 and have a diploma, or be 18 to stop compulsory education. So he's done if he WANTS to be. But he can't study what he wants unless he gets physics and advanced math. So one more year it is, but he already has a diploma in another area. Sorry....I hope I'm making sense. The Dutch system is complicated. Yes, he's graduating, but not for what he wants, so yes, he also has another year to go to get the requirements for his career.

Goofyernmost

This is interesting. RiseNY. It's basically Soarin'. However, like most NYC attractions, it cost an arm and a leg.
I haven't seen RiseNY, but I have seen another which is better in my mind and it is in Pigeon Forge called SkyFly. It was far more immersive and the pre-show was much better than Soarin'. The name of the park was "The Island". That cost $23 to ride, but the park and parking was free to get into and there was only one other ride that this old guy was interested in and that one was $14. So for $37 I spent hours there and everything I wanted to see I saw, plus things that had no charge.

It seems to me that the last I heard it cost an Arm and a Leg and another Leg to get into EPCOT. I realize there is a lot more things of interest there than the one I'm talking about, but you still have to figure how much each ride cost you after paying the admission and after one spends money for whatever series of LL's is needed to see them.

JenniferS

Premium Member
I haven't seen RiseNY, but I have seen another which is better in my mind and it is in Pigeon Forge called SkyFly. It was far more immersive and the pre-show was much better than Soarin'. The name of the park was "The Island". That cost $23 to ride, but the park and parking was free to get into and there was only one other ride that this old guy was interested in and that one was $14. So for $37 I spent hours there and everything I wanted to see I saw, plus things that had no charge.

It seems to me that the last I heard it cost an Arm and a Leg and another Leg to get into EPCOT. I realize there is a lot more things of interest there than the one I'm talking about, but you still have to figure how much each ride cost you after paying the admission and after one spends money for whatever series of LL's is needed to see them.
We love The Island! What was the $14 ride you rode?

Mike and I were in PF quite a bit in 2022, but we decided to forego SkyFly for some reason.

JenniferS

Premium Member

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
@trr1 you forgot national capybara day.
Hungry Snack GIF by Brookfield Zoo

It's 1st Jan to 31st December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom