Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

Glad to.find someone else who didn't swoon over Inside Out. The trailer for 2 makes it look a bit more interesting, but yeah, D+

I actually loved Zootopia.

Love the first DM. Second was ok. Didn't care for 3, it was a plane movie, and I didn't even make it all the way through.

How do you feel about Sing (and its.sequel)?
I like Inside Out just fine, but it's not my favorite. The one I don't get why everyone LOVES it is Toy Story. I didn't really like that one much. And I liked 2 even less. I didn't bother to watch 3 or 4. Not my franchise, I guess.

PUSH

Original Poster
I missed an alert, so instead of quoting everyone, here are my responses:

- Try Everything from Zootopia is the song I start my end of year class videos with. It's perfect for those types of things.

- I didn't see Inside Out until years after its release, and I really liked it.

- I never got into Despicable Me or Minions.

- Speaking of TV shows, I've started a couple series this summer that I'm enjoying. I watched the limited series called Dear Child on Netflix. It's plot is pretty dark, but it hooked me in right away. It's a German movie, so the English translation caused some wonky dialogue at times, but I really enjoyed the plot. I also started Lost, since it just came to Netflix. I've never seen it before. I'm almost not used to watching shows that were intended for TV anymore... it's weird when they cut for a commercial break. 😂

I also watched Oppenheimer again for the first time since seeing it in theaters. I liked it even more the second time. I understood what has happening more, and I understood that they were hopping around the timeline better.

I also watched The Boys in the Boat last week on Prime. It was pretty good. It held my attention the whole time.

- I enjoy the Toy Story franchise. I think the third is actually my favorite. The second is the worst, but it has one of the more heartbreaking songs/moments in any Disney movie. The fourth is okay. You've Got a Friend in Me is also a song on my end of year video.

PUSH

Original Poster
I just watched Haunted Mansion (2003). Some parts of it were very good. Some were not.

Overall though, it just wasn’t funny. You’ve got Eddie Murphy, but you don’t give him any funny dialogue? 🤷🏼‍♀️
I saw it as a kid and enjoyed it, but have not revisited it. I'm assuming I would think it's pretty bad as an adult. The one they released last year was okay. Nothing special, but I wasn't expecting a cinematic masterpiece, so I was able to enjoy it.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I saw it as a kid and enjoyed it, but have not revisited it. I'm assuming I would think it's pretty bad as an adult. The one they released last year was okay. Nothing special, but I wasn't expecting a cinematic masterpiece, so I was able to enjoy it.
I enjoyed last year’s release a lot more.
Neither was a home run though. It’s almost like the writers have never ridden the attraction and viewed it through the lens of a regular park guest.

I honestly think a large committee of super fans could cobble together a better script because they understand the ride better. (If that makes any sense.)

Also I knew I recognized the butler from somewhere, but couldn’t place him. After the movie was over, I Googled the cast, and as soon as I saw Superman 2 in his filmography, I went “Kneel before Zod!” 🤦🏻‍♀️

JenniferS

Premium Member

PUSH

Original Poster
I am on summer break, not getting paid, and I've been working on new morning meeting slides all day. I still have a ways to go. But I know if I don't do it over the summer, I'm way too busy during the year to do it. And the slides I've used in the past are ones that were bought off a teacher resource website, and they don't fit my needs/wants perfectly. So I'm finally creating my own, so they're not as choppy. They'll be worth it once they're done, but it's a LOT of work. I'm creating 6 slides for every single day of the school year. This is the stuff people don't see teachers doing behind the scenes.

JenniferS

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom