Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

I loved being in the RV, and the glamping aspect of it. I loved being in different locations all the time. Meeting other RV’ers was awesome.

I was just so stressed hauling, getting into the campgrounds, pulling into (or worse, backing into the sites), levelling; and then doing it all in reverse, hooking back up to the hitch, waiting for the telltale “clunk” that you were connected, then the tug test while your wheels were still chocked …. It was all so angst-inducing.

I’m not kidding about calling my doctor about a Rx. “Oh you’re afraid of flying?” “Heck no. I stay awake on every flight in case the pilot needs my help. No, I’m afraid of pulling a 33’ 10,000 lb brick through the mountains.”

We often had mere inches of clearance on each side through construction zones. It’s just too much.

When the people who bought Baby Bo came to pick it up, I conveniently had to use the bathroom while they were hooking up.

In the time since we were hauling, I’ve become an even worse passenger. I’m so anxious if I’m not the one driving … and I am never driving a truck/RV.
It never was the driving of it for me, it was the living in it that always seemed so uncomfortable. I do recognize that the luxurious type of RV, like you had, was a far cry from what we delt with in the early 1960's, but I do not have any desire to "try it again".

Songbird76

Anyone who has watched Inside Out 2, will I need tissues? It comes out here on Saturday and we have tickets for the 3D version, so E and I watched the first one yesterday in preperation and we both bawled. We were discussing that Pixar has a tendency to make very sad movies that make us cry. I know this one is based on Riley as a teenager, right? So is it a tear jerker?

Songbird76

Question, since we only go to Disney very sporadically, and we are coming from overseas. So, I remember the first time I brought my kids to Disney, we stayed with a friend who lives in Kissimmee and they came with us to the parks and such, and I remember they had to pay for parking every day, or they WOULD have but they had annual passes. But then the next time we came, we stayed at CBR, and there was some controversy because Disney was considering charging a resort fee, as many hotels in the area were doing. And I remember that they started charging an overnight parking fee if you brought a car. It didn't apply to us that first year, because we were from overseas and couldn't drive our own car like people in the US could. So they charged the fee, but waived it for internationals for the first year. People were angry, because that was one of the big perks of staying on property...you got free parking at the parks, and since there was no overnight parking fee, it saved a lot of money in parking fees, which were somewhere around $20 per day. So when they implemented the overnight parking fee, that basically canceled out that perk. You still got free parking at the parks, but you had to pay $20 to park your car at the resort overnight...so it couldn't really be considered a perk anymore. You either paid to park at the parks, or to park at the resorts. Did that change back now? Is there no more overnight parking fee for resorts?

We didn't rent a car last time until our very last day because we were leaving Disney and going to Universal and needed a car to get to restaurants that were not at Universal, since they are not known for their dining. We didn't want the expense of a rental car AND overnight parking fees on top of tickets and lodging, so we didn't get a car until we checked out of Disney. But that was when they also still had Magical Express. Without that, you need an alternative way to get to the Parks/resort. You either have to hire a service like a car company or the mears bus or get a taxi, or you have to rent a car and park it at the resort. Disney seems to be eliminating all the perks that made it a great place to stay. But someone said that parking at the resorts is free, and I remember when it wasn't. I hadn't heard anything different, or at least I don't REMEMBER hearing that it changed. Did it? And if it did, when did they go back to the free parking overnight?

PUSH

Original Poster
Anyone who has watched Inside Out 2, will I need tissues? It comes out here on Saturday and we have tickets for the 3D version, so E and I watched the first one yesterday in preperation and we both bawled. We were discussing that Pixar has a tendency to make very sad movies that make us cry. I know this one is based on Riley as a teenager, right? So is it a tear jerker?
I would say no, but that's just me. Maybe take some just in case?

PUSH

Original Poster
Question, since we only go to Disney very sporadically, and we are coming from overseas. So, I remember the first time I brought my kids to Disney, we stayed with a friend who lives in Kissimmee and they came with us to the parks and such, and I remember they had to pay for parking every day, or they WOULD have but they had annual passes. But then the next time we came, we stayed at CBR, and there was some controversy because Disney was considering charging a resort fee, as many hotels in the area were doing. And I remember that they started charging an overnight parking fee if you brought a car. It didn't apply to us that first year, because we were from overseas and couldn't drive our own car like people in the US could. So they charged the fee, but waived it for internationals for the first year. People were angry, because that was one of the big perks of staying on property...you got free parking at the parks, and since there was no overnight parking fee, it saved a lot of money in parking fees, which were somewhere around $20 per day. So when they implemented the overnight parking fee, that basically canceled out that perk. You still got free parking at the parks, but you had to pay $20 to park your car at the resort overnight...so it couldn't really be considered a perk anymore. You either paid to park at the parks, or to park at the resorts. Did that change back now? Is there no more overnight parking fee for resorts?

We didn't rent a car last time until our very last day because we were leaving Disney and going to Universal and needed a car to get to restaurants that were not at Universal, since they are not known for their dining. We didn't want the expense of a rental car AND overnight parking fees on top of tickets and lodging, so we didn't get a car until we checked out of Disney. But that was when they also still had Magical Express. Without that, you need an alternative way to get to the Parks/resort. You either have to hire a service like a car company or the mears bus or get a taxi, or you have to rent a car and park it at the resort. Disney seems to be eliminating all the perks that made it a great place to stay. But someone said that parking at the resorts is free, and I remember when it wasn't. I hadn't heard anything different, or at least I don't REMEMBER hearing that it changed. Did it? And if it did, when did they go back to the free parking overnight?
There are no parking fees at the resorts anymore. It's one of the things that changed when Iger took over the CEO job again.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I haven't seen it yet. For some reason, Inside Out and Zootopia were barely meh for me. I'll probably wait until it hits Disney+.

That being said, I do want to go see The new Despicable Me movie. Love me some Gru!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member

As @PUSH said, WDW has eliminated the resort parking fees. If you are a resort guest, you may continue to park in the parks for free as well.

What really creamed my corn, was that the parking fees varied from Value to Moderate to Deluxe. For Pete's sake, the lots are already there ... the asphalt is not more expensive to maintain the closer you get to MK; proving after all that this was 100% a Cheapek cash grab.

All of the recent cash grabs, upcharges, and monetizing of offerings that used to be free is starting to backfire big time. Good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom