Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Figgy1

Quoting myself, because I know not everybody wades into News & Rumours.

I was responding to a poster who suggested she (?) would rather have Mousekeeping every third or fourth or fifth day if it meant getting extended evening hours.

You can’t tell me I’m wrong!

This is how I feel right now. Mike has been watching Adam the Woo a ton lately, so maybe he is softening in his opposition to returning. I was, until I realized the truth of what I just shared.
I don't watch him often but at least half of his videos if not more are general off the beaten path travel videos and definitely more if you count his baseball videos. Could be somebody maybe thinking about a new RV

PUSH

Original Poster

I was responding to a poster who suggested she (?) would rather have Mousekeeping every third or fourth or fifth day if it meant getting extended evening hours.

This is how I feel right now. Mike has been watching Adam the Woo a ton lately, so maybe he is softening in his opposition to returning. I was, until I realized the truth of what I just shared.
It is true, they've made a lot of cuts over the years, and turned complimentary perks into upcharges. Covid was a convenient excuse for a lot of those changes. I'm guessing they were trying to push in that direction regardless, but covid made it look like they were bringing "new features" in the eyes of the average guest, rather than switching to a paid service. Many companies did similar things. It's not specific to Disney.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
It is true, they've made a lot of cuts over the years, and turned complimentary perks into upcharges. Covid was a convenient excuse for a lot of those changes. I'm guessing they were trying to push in that direction regardless, but covid made it look like they were bringing "new features" in the eyes of the average guest, rather than switching to a paid service. Many companies did similar things. It's not specific to Disney.
When you’re the leader, you don’t have to follow.

PUSH

Original Poster
I will say, specifically for the extra magic hours, we always tried to avoid the parks that had them. It created incredibly dense crowds (maybe not as much during off-peak times), and it lessened the experience. Now, as far as regular hours go, they should definitely extend those again. There's no reason MK wouldn't have enough guests to stay open until at least 11pm or midnight on a regular basis, especially during peak season. Epcot could easily stay open until 10pm. DHS, too. AK is the only park that would have an issue keeping guests in the park.

PUSH

Original Poster
The service that I'm kind of surprised they haven't brought back is shipping your purchase to your resort. That was such an asset to guests, and I imagine Disney is losing revenue from people not wanting to carry their merchandise around. I know there have been countless items our group has passed on because we didn't want to carry it the rest of the day.

JenniferS

I don't watch him often but at least half of his videos if not more are general off the beaten path travel videos and definitely more if you count his baseball videos. Could be somebody maybe thinking about a new RV
We don’t have cable at the apartment, just streaming. If Mike’s not watching AtW, he’s watching RV’ers on YouTube.

Don’t tell him, but I don’t care if we never buy another. Hauling was so stressful for me, I had to get a prescription for Atavan last trip. I get heart flutters just seeing someone else hauling down the road now.

It’s also SOOOO expensive, not just the truck and RV itself, but everything else - the accessories, the gas!, the park fees, the maintenance, the insurance ….

A lot of Sun Outdoors parks, including the two we LOVED in Pigeon Forge and the Keys both offer a combination of tiny home, cottage, and trailer rentals. Yes, it’s a lot more expensive than just paying park fees - double almost, but we spent thousands and thousands on gas just driving back and forth to the Keys and Tennessee. My car gets more than 800km per tank. The truck barely got 400km and cost twice as much to fill.

I’m in a mood today. Don’t mind me. I probably shouldn’t be posting. 😂

Figgy1

We don’t have cable at the apartment, just streaming. If Mike’s not watching AtW, he’s watching RV’ers on YouTube.

Don’t tell him, but I don’t care if we never buy another. Hauling was so stressful for me, I had to get a prescription for Atavan last trip. I get heart flutters just seeing someone else hauling down the road now.

It’s also SOOOO expensive, not just the truck and RV itself, but everything else - the accessories, the gas!, the park fees, the maintenance, the insurance ….

A lot of Sun Outdoors parks, including the two we LOVED in Pigeon Forge and the Keys both offer a combination of tiny home, cottage, and trailer rentals. Yes, it’s a lot more expensive than just paying park fees - double almost, but we spent thousands and thousands on gas just driving back and forth to the Keys and Tennessee. My car gets more than 800km per tank. The truck barely got 400km and cost twice as much to fill.

HUGS and I don't blame you for not wanting another one. At least so far, my dh is only obsessing over his smoker, the one he bought to do the cooking. Every BBQ at least a dozen sides but does he help:cautious: It would be easier for me to cater full regular meals but.......................... anyhoo dh looked at a few RVs OVER THE YEARS, thank goodness he's MPG obsessed but he says he can't wait for electric to be an option:banghead::banghead::banghead: he'll take care of the hookups but everything else not so much
RANT OVER

JenniferS

HUGS and I don't blame you for not wanting another one. At least so far, my dh is only obsessing over his smoker, the one he bought to do the cooking. Every BBQ at least a dozen sides but does he help:cautious: It would be easier for me to cater full regular meals but.......................... anyhoo dh looked at a few RVs OVER THE YEARS, thank goodness he's MPG obsessed but he says he can't wait for electric to be an option:banghead::banghead::banghead: he'll take care of the hookups but everything else not so much
RANT OVER
We were getting 8-10 mpg through the mountains. Best we ever got hauling was 12 mpg through flat as a pancake Florida.

We weren’t even pulling that heavy. Under 11,000 lbs fully loaded. And we were never anywhere near fully loaded.

PUSH

Original Poster
We were getting 8-10 mpg through the mountains. Best we ever got hauling was 12 mpg through flat as a pancake Florida.

We weren’t even pulling that heavy. Under 11,000 lbs fully loaded. And we were never anywhere near fully loaded.
We had a camper when I was growing up. Not as big as yours. It was a small one that had one slide, and the tent beds folded out the ends. My parents have discussed getting another one, but never have. They would only go camping two or three weekends a year, and figure the cost is too much to use it so little.

Goofyernmost

No, you got it right. I have mentioned before, I think, that my Dad sold RV's (just trailers) before it was a big thing. I should say he tried to sell RV's but wasn't really successful at it. What he did like was RV camping and that is were I established my hatred for it.

I remember on our first trip to WDW, we had just turned onto I-4 from I-95 and came up upon a ginormous motorhome that was towing a Cadillac DeVille behind it. The Pennsylvania license plates read Penn 1. That was in 1983 and even back then that motorhome cost over 100K. Our guess was it was the Governor of Pennsylvania. I remember commenting to my wife, "can you imagine how many hotel rooms we could get with what that rig cost". At that point we probably could have bought an entire motel. Back then you could rent a really nice hotel room for $45.00 per night. When I went down solo and planned on staying in the area for two weeks, I managed to talk them down to $25.00 per night at times.

I developed such a hatred for RV camping or camping of any kind, that I get chills just seeing one. I know if one does a lot of traveling, rich and retired, it would be quite handy, but for just a week here and there it is a royal pain in the butt. Others mileage may vary!

JenniferS

No, you got it right. I have mentioned before, I think, that my Dad sold RV's (just trailers) before it was a big thing. I should say he tried to sell RV's but wasn't really successful at it. What he did like was RV camping and that is were I established my hatred for it.

I remember on our first trip to WDW, we had just turned onto I-4 from I-95 and came up upon a ginormous motorhome that was towing a Cadillac DeVille behind it. The Pennsylvania license plates read Penn 1. That was in 1983 and even back then that motorhome cost over 100K. Our guess was it was the Governor of Pennsylvania. I remember commenting to my wife, "can you imagine how many hotel rooms we could get with what that rig cost". At that point we probably could have bought an entire motel. Back then you could rent a really nice hotel room for $45.00 per night. When I went down solo and planned on staying in the area for two weeks, I managed to talk them down to $25.00 per night at times.

I developed such a hatred for RV camping or camping of any kind, that I get chills just seeing one. I know if one does a lot of traveling, rich and retired, it would be quite handy, but for just a week here and there it is a royal pain in the butt. Others mileage may vary!
I loved being in the RV, and the glamping aspect of it. I loved being in different locations all the time. Meeting other RV’ers was awesome.

I was just so stressed hauling, getting into the campgrounds, pulling into (or worse, backing into the sites), levelling; and then doing it all in reverse, hooking back up to the hitch, waiting for the telltale “clunk” that you were connected, then the tug test while your wheels were still chocked …. It was all so angst-inducing.

I’m not kidding about calling my doctor about a Rx. “Oh you’re afraid of flying?” “Heck no. I stay awake on every flight in case the pilot needs my help. No, I’m afraid of pulling a 33’ 10,000 lb brick through the mountains.”

We often had mere inches of clearance on each side through construction zones. It’s just too much.

When the people who bought Baby Bo came to pick it up, I conveniently had to use the bathroom while they were hooking up.

In the time since we were hauling, I’ve become an even worse passenger. I’m so anxious if I’m not the one driving … and I am never driving a truck/RV.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I have never heard anyone use "eh" at the beginning of a sentence. I've heard "Hey", but not "eh".
Cmon, there was Rocky and the Fonz, both of whom did some version of ahhh high 😁

You're not wrong. Who in the heck doesn't expect daily housekeeping in a deluxe resort?? That person is...I dont even know.

PUSH

Original Poster
A CM told my mom they are going to be going bagless at the shops, too. You either have to bring your own, or purchase their reusable ones. That was just one CM at a shop... can't remember which shop. So it quite possibly has nothing to stand on. But didn't they try that years ago, and it didn't pan out?

This isn't a grocery store. Guests don't want to carry their reusable shopping bags around all day.

Figgy1

A CM told my mom they are going to be going bagless at the shops, too. You either have to bring your own, or purchase their reusable ones. That was just one CM at a shop... can't remember which shop. So it quite possibly has nothing to stand on. But didn't they try that years ago, and it didn't pan out?

This isn't a grocery store. Guests don't want to carry their reusable shopping bags around all day.
they need to bring back package delivery

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom