Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
Tonight my dad and I went to Epcot. As we were pulling up to the entrance to the parking lot, I realized I forgot my Magic Band, so we had to go back to the resort to get it. Once we got back, we walked all the way back to the Skyliner and went to Riviera to eat at the quick service, Primo Piatta. My dad and I ate there last year and really liked it. I had the croque monsieur with parmesan herb fries. The sandwich was delicious. The bechamel sauce was great. The fries were literally regular fries with grated parmesan on top, like they opened a packet and put it on. I had a much different vision in my head. Next time, I'd just get the regular fries.

We took the Skyliner back to Epcot and had to book it across the park because we were late for our virtual queue, but they let us in. We rode Guardians, and we got "I Ran" by A Flock of Seagulls. We've ridden it four times this trip. The first time we got Conga. The next three times we got I Ran. That's my least favorite of the songs. I just feel like the others fit the coaster movement better. But I enjoyed this ride better than the previous three. We were in the second row, and it's better not seeing the cars ahead of you, and not knowing where you're going.

After Guardians we popped in the Creations Shop to get an Epcot Starbucks cup for my mom. Then we rode Living with the Land. The Land has such a different vibe in the evening. It's so calm and relaxing. It helps that Sunshine Seasons is closed, but the lighting provides a calmer ambience.

Then we watched the final light show on Spaceship Earth. It was the retro Epcot one, which I'm a total geek for. Then we hopped on Spaceship Earth a couple minutes before close. A couple guys ahead of us were showing a little bit too much PDA on the ride, though.

Overall, it was another great day. We had hoped to do Kali this morning and Impressions de France this evening, but it's not like we haven't done them many times before.

Tomorrow's plans: Last day. MK in the morning. My mom and dad are starting the drive back tomorrow afternoon. My brother, SIL, and I will fly back early Saturday morning. So tomorrow will be an early night.

Goofyernmost

RIP Donald Sutherland - a great Canadian, whose film career spanned more than seven decades.

View attachment 793513
The original Hawkeye Pierce. Plus many others. I managed to see the movie MASH while I was in Vietnam. At the time it seemed so close to real life it was scary. I guess wars have a similarity in the negative sense. All this makes me feel very, very old.

PUSH

Original Poster
This morning we got to MK for rope drop... or so we thought. Turns out the early entry was at 7:30 today and not 8:30. Likely because the park is closing at 7pm for a private event tonight. So er got there around 8:20. Lucky for us, the wait times were super short today... probably because of that early closing.

We walked on Buzz and Peoplemover, and then had about a 10 minute wait for Haunted Mansion. Then we did Pirates as a walk on, followed by the Magic Carpets. Then we climbed the Treehouse. After that we got ice cream. I got an orange cream swirl.

Then we walked on Small World and Little Mermaid. After that we split up for lunch. My dad and I just had a pretzel with beer cheese from the stand outside of Little Mermaid.

Then my dad and rode the Riverboat and went to explore Tom Sawyer's Island. Then it was time to leave.

We popped into Hollywood Studios to get a cup for my mom, too.

And with that, the trip is pretty much over. I know it's been going on for two weeks, but it feels like we just got here. But then it also feels like forever since we were watching fireworks from the rooftop of the Contemporary.

FutureCEO

This morning we got to MK for rope drop... or so we thought. Turns out the early entry was at 7:30 today and not 8:30. Likely because the park is closing at 7pm for a private event tonight. So er got there around 8:20. Lucky for us, the wait times were super short today... probably because of that early closing.

We walked on Buzz and Peoplemover, and then had about a 10 minute wait for Haunted Mansion. Then we did Pirates as a walk on, followed by the Magic Carpets. Then we climbed the Treehouse. After that we got ice cream. I got an orange cream swirl.

Then we walked on Small World and Little Mermaid. After that we split up for lunch. My dad and I just had a pretzel with beer cheese from the stand outside of Little Mermaid.

Then my dad and rode the Riverboat and went to explore Tom Sawyer's Island. Then it was time to leave.

And with that, the trip is pretty much over. I know it's been going on for two weeks, but it feels like we just got here. But then it also feels like forever since we were watching fireworks from the rooftop of the Contemporary.
I'm still upset over the Citrus Swirl situation.

Last edited:

trr1

Wow it seems as if you just got there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom