Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks for the info. This is all good to know if we do end up going sometime.

How many days would you allocate for the parks? And what other things have you done outside of the parks?

I like going to Disneyland for 5 but it could be done in 3-4 days. The longest was 9 days, that may have been a little too long but I still had fun. We have done some exploring in the SoCal area but usually our main goal is Disneyland

Outside the parks we have done the following:
-Walt Disney Studios Tour (once with movie reward points & another time as part of the D23 gold member tour)
-A driving tour of Disney related sights in Los Angeles
-touring the Hollywood sights including Santa Monica Pier & Venice Beach
-Other Hollywood sights like La Brea Tar Pits (really interesting actually), LA Farmers Market
-San Juan Capistrano Mission and some beaches mostly Crystal Cove State Park
-Day trip to San Diego Zoo (we booked a bus tour)
-Whale/dolphin tour from Newport Beach (we used East Meets West tour in March and they were fabulous, it was a small boat and only takes 6 passengers at a time)
-checked out a couple tiki bars and fun eateries/bars at the Anaheim Packing District
-drove to Malibu and enjoyed dinner at a beach

It is an hour north of LA but I went to Santa Barbara with a friend and that is an amazing town and close to some wineries and a fun Danish themed town called Solvang.

And about an hour east of LA is Palm Springs and that is a fun town with a few Disney history connections (now has the Disney plane in a museum there), the tram, tiki bars, and Joshua Tree National Park is close by. We really liked Palm Spring a lot.

Some things we have looked into but haven't done in LA: Knott's Berry Farm, Descanso Gardens, Huntington Library & Gardens, Laguan Beach area, Pasadena seems like a neat little town, Warner Brothers Studio tour, or Universal, a few different gardens/hikes.

Goofyernmost

I like going to Disneyland for 5 but it could be done in 3-4 days. The longest was 9 days, that may have been a little too long but I still had fun. We have done some exploring in the SoCal area but usually our main goal is Disneyland

Outside the parks we have done the following:
-Walt Disney Studios Tour (once with movie reward points & another time as part of the D23 gold member tour)
-A driving tour of Disney related sights in Los Angeles
-touring the Hollywood sights including Santa Monica Pier & Venice Beach
-Other Hollywood sights like La Brea Tar Pits (really interesting actually), LA Farmers Market
-San Juan Capistrano Mission and some beaches mostly Crystal Cove State Park
-Day trip to San Diego Zoo (we booked a bus tour)
-Whale/dolphin tour from Newport Beach (we used East Meets West tour in March and they were fabulous, it was a small boat and only takes 6 passengers at a time)
-checked out a couple tiki bars and fun eateries/bars at the Anaheim Packing District
-drove to Malibu and enjoyed dinner at a beach

It is an hour north of LA but I went to Santa Barbara with a friend and that is an amazing town and close to some wineries and a fun Danish themed town called Solvang.

And about an hour east of LA is Palm Springs and that is a fun town with a few Disney history connections (now has the Disney plane in a museum there), the tram, tiki bars, and Joshua Tree National Park is close by. We really liked Palm Spring a lot.

Some things we have looked into but haven't done in LA: Knott's Berry Farm, Descanso Gardens, Huntington Library & Gardens, Laguan Beach area, Pasadena seems like a neat little town, Warner Brothers Studio tour, or Universal, a few different gardens/hikes.
You forgot to add that an hour west of LA is very damp.

John

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<crawled out from under a rock to just say hello! SO nice to see some familiar faces.......
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

PUSH

Original Poster
I got home around 10:30 this morning, well to my parent's house. I'mqqtching the dog until they get home. It was a pretty uneventful flight and travel day. Just tiring. I had to wake up at 1:30 ET this morning. I did get a 20 minute nap in a little bit ago, but it'll be an early night. And tomorrow will be a day of doing laundry and getting groceries.

PUSH

Original Poster
@PUSH , I really enjoyed your TR, and you shared some outstanding photos. It was fun to look forward to your updates each morning.

Hence, please go back there on the next plane. Thank you.
I wish!

Thanks for the kind words. I'll still have another post or two about the trip, with my general thoughts and highlights. I'll do that in the next few days, once I have time.

Goofyernmost

That’s because it isn’t always an hour, sometimes less than that.

Sorry I was just trying to point out fun stuff we had done that wasn’t far from LA/Disneyland.
I know and I was just joking around plus including the presence of the Pacific Ocean which a whole lot of people have never seen. I'm sorry if you thought I was in anyway negatively implying anything about your post. I spent just 5 days in the area and I know you have been many times and your post had a wide ranged of fun things in the general area. When I was there it was just Disneyland and Universal that I was able to see.

Goofyernmost

I just arrived. Now it displays the current temperature accurately. 95F. .....either way, it's a hot one today.
Yesterday as I was driving past RDU airport my car thermometer was registering 100F actual temperature (on the highway).

In the morning I shut off the AC because when they built the place the building design had the bathroom airflow pointing right directly in the shower and it can be quite chilly even if the shower is hot. The problem is, I'm old and forgot to turn it back on. I remembered shortly after I got to my daughters house. I had left for dinner at my Daughters around 11am. By then it had been off for two hours already. I returned at around 3pm which was when the 100F was seen.

When I got home I was expecting the inside temperature in my apartment to be quite warm, but was only 1 degree warmer than what my thermostat is set at. Gotta love good insulation. However, this is the south where AC is used about 10 months of the year. Why, oh why would they think the pointing the airflow into the show would be a good idea. I would make better sense if it were up north where the opposite is true and you want warm air to fill that airspace.

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
The internet must know I'm done with my Disney trip. I'm starting to see back to school videos and classroom setup videos. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but we still have a week left in June! I haven't been to Walmart in a few weeks, so I'm not sure if they've started to put things out yet or not... usually they wait until after the 4th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom