Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
FABULOUS photos of the beauty that is Spaceship Earth. I love that geodesic sphere. 😍

Those nachos look pretty darn good, too.

I’ve never stayed at Destino (I’m a DVCer), but the public spaces in the tower are gorgeous. Will you be dining at Toledo? I’ve had a couple great meals there, highly recommend the hanger steak, if you’ve got room in your dining itinerary.
We've never eaten there, and don't have plans to this trip. We typically only do a few sit downs each trip.

Goofyernmost

Ugh. This always gets my goat as well. I realize that certain sizes are "popular" and tend to sell out quicker -- sooo . . . why don't they simply order and stock more of that specific size?! :banghead:

I recall one time that I was in AK, I went into a gift shop and loved a t-shirt designed with a bunch of jungle animals. Of course, my size was sold out in the gift shop.

The CM nicely called over to AK Lodge, and they actually had one left in their gift shop. I headed over there via Disney bus, just to get the t-shirt! Made the best of the diversion in my plans for that day, and had lunch there in The Mara -- (IMO, the best QS on Disney property), and made sure I got some zebra domes for dessert, too! :hungry:
Considering the number of critical comments that are always thrown around that all Americans are morbidly obese, it makes me think that Disney's purchasing department isn't in touch with reality. Large isn't even considered the above situation. Try finding a 1X or a 2X. It is impossible, however just offsite in those gift shops on 192 they have all kinds of Disney T's and almost all of them have the official Disney tag on them. I guess they only want the money from slim folks while on the property. I really can't explain it but any Disney T that I purchased offsite has always lasted longer then the ones I bought onsite and for less then a quarter of the price. I still have one I bought offsite in 2008 and I still wear it regularly.

PUSH

Original Poster
This morning we rope dropped Mine Train. Only to find out it was down. That happened two times last year with Mine Train. It's like it's never working at the start of the day. It's very frustrating. They know it's not ready, and they still let everyone wait there instead of letting them get in other lines.

So then we went to Space. It was about 20 minutes. The we did Haunted, Big Thunder, and Pirates as standby. By that point it was time for our Peter Pan LL. Then we went to Little Mermaid. It was about 11:00, so we ate lunch at Cosmic Ray's. Then we used a LL for Pooh and had our virtual queue for Tron. Tron was a long wait. After that we headed down Main Street and hopped on the monorail to head back to the resort. But they were resetting their monorails, so we had a really long wait.

We're now finally back to the hotel. We'll go back to Hollywood Studios tonight.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
have you dined at Space 220?
I hear it's out of this world.

Drums Eye Roll GIF

Laugh Lol GIF by PG Tips

PUSH

Original Poster
We ate dinner at the food court at Coronado. I wasn't super hungry, so I split garlic knots with my dad. We got the garlic butter sauce... so good! I loved them so much, I had more when we got back. I also got a funfetti cupcake, which was also very good, but there was too much frosting... I don't say that often.

At DHS we started with a LL for Tower of Terror. Always a classic, and probably my second or third favorite ride. Leaving the ride I got a Yervis cup and a shirt from the gift shop. I'll post pictures of all my merch when I get home.

Then we did some shopping around Sunset and Hollywood Boulevard. I saw a shirt celebrating the 5 year anniversary of Galaxy's Edge. First, I can't believe it was that old already. Seems like it just opened! Second, I really liked the shirt, but was undecided in getting it. I'll leave you in suspense.

Then we went to see Muppets. I said it before, but I love that show. It makes me laugh every time. I also have been trying to pay attention to small details more this trip. I love all the little jokes in the pre-show area. So fun.

Mickey and Minnie was down, so we got a multiple experience pass for that. We weren't going to use it on everything, so Guest Relations changed it for us to use at Animal Kingdom tomorrow (spoiler about tomorrow's plans).

So, after Muppets we did our LL for Smuggler's Run. We also looked around the shops in Galaxy's Edge. I saw some things I liked, but not for the prices I saw.

Then we did our LL for Toy Story Mania. With lightning closing down Slinky and Mickey and Minnie being down, it backed up the LL for Toy Story. But it still wasn't too bad.

We decided to head our and skip Fantasmic for tonight because it's an early morning tomorrow. On the way out, I decided to get the Galaxy's Edge shirt. I am liking the land a lot more this trip than the past couple. It is so detailed. I think I had way too high of expectations previously, and I was disappointed they didn't base it on the original trilogy. But now I can appreciate it. Also, in Disney my mindset is pretty much... if you like it, get it. I don't think that way at home, so I splurge down here. And I might decide to do a bigger splurge later in the trip... to be determined.

When we got back to the hotel we got some snacks. We did our nightly nachos to share, and I got garlic knots again... but this time with a cheese dip. The cheese was also delicious. I'm not sure whether I liked that or the garlic butter better. I also got a small cup of soft serve ice cream. I did vanilla and then filled my mug up with root beer, so I got the root beer float effect.

Overall, it was a very good day.

Tomorrow's plans: AK in the morning, switch to Riverside after that, MK in the evening/night.

I'm going to miss Gran Destino. I think it's my favorite resort now. I love the vibes. It's peaceful and relaxing and upscale, but not stuffy. I don't feel out of place. I also love the lobby. It's beautiful, and I could sit there listening to the ambient music and smelling the scent they pump in all day long.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Here, too, and I'm.pretty far north of you.
We had tornado warnings last night. I took a couple of pics, but then switched to video, which I don’t know how to share.

IMG_7310.jpeg
IMG_7304.jpeg
IMG_7305.jpeg

Anyone else see the Bat signal? It was a lot clearer and more defined a second or two before I took the pic, but the wind blurred it before I could capture it.

IMG_7306.jpeg

It went from daytime to nighttime in less than 9 minutes. Daisy and I had been out for a walk, but there was a frisson of danger, so we both noped it and turned right back around.

I made it back just in time to pull all the chairs in from the balcony; but not fast enough to close the windows before the wind drove the rain in and puddled the floor a bit.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I spent 9 hours at my new office today helping set everything up, and then I went shopping and picked up cleaning supplies and multiple, multiple cases of water. Seemed stupid to leave everything in my car overnight, just to get all hot and sweaty unloading in the morning, so I took everything back to the office tonight.

Now it’s time to take Miss Daisy for a quick walk, make a nice cuppa, and try to get a good night’s sleep. I don’t think I’ll be busy until my official opening NEXT Saturday, but it sure would be nice to bang out a few deals before then.

Have a great weekend everyone! Happy Resort Moving Day tomorrow @PUSH!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom