Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
Glad we came back... the rain has held off. We ate at Regal Eagle and just had gelato in Italy while waiting for Luminous. Hopefully it's better than Harmonious. I did not care for that show... but I also don't care for Disney music in an Epcot show. I'm trying to have an open mind.

PUSH

Original Poster
Okay, I am surprised as anyone when I say i actually liked Luminous. Is it perfect? No. I wish they'd use original, non-IP music. I wish they wouldn't reuse the same songs they have in other nighttime shows on property. But the technology was great. There were the right amount of fireworks. The fountains are impressive in person. The music is solid, but not top notch like Illuminations. Illuminations had the music and the emotional pull. Luminous has the technology. I'd still take Illuminations back in a heartbeat... even Epcot Forever... but nostalgia and the musical score of Epcot weighs a lot more for me than other categories. Overall, I'd give Luminous a 7 out of 10. It held my attention the whole time, unlike Harmonious. Harmonious was very boring, especially when you didn't have a center view. Luminous is not boring.

Tomorrow's plans: Epcot in the morning. Biergarten for a late lunch. Hollywood Studios at night.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
View attachment 792201View attachment 792202View attachment 792203View attachment 792204View attachment 792205View attachment 792206

I love the lights behind SSE by the Walt statue. The area behind SSE is nice, but a fountain would have put it over the top. It's missing something. I feel like the kinetic energy of a fountain would've been perfect.

View attachment 792207View attachment 792208View attachment 792209View attachment 792210
Wow,and I mean WOW, all those photos are gorgeous.

I haven't been since the maze of construction walls.came down, but I mourn the Fountain of Nations, so I agree with you on the missing element.

PUSH

Original Poster
This morning we did Epcot. We went to standby Frozen, but it was down. We didn't have anything else to wait for since we either had a LL, or it was always going to be a short wait, so we stayed at Frozen. It didn't open until 9:45, but we were some of the first in. After that we did Spaceship Earth, followed by our last ride on this version of Test Track. It's time for a redo. I always liked the original better.

After TT we did a LL for Soarin and Living with the Land. Then we had some snacks, popcorn for me. I love Disney popcorn. It's the best. Then we did Figment, followed by our Guardians virtual queues. After that we stopped by Club Cool before heading to the Biergarten for lunch.

The food was good, but it's all so filling. We were all super stuffed on our way out. We stopped in the Germany glass shop, and I picked out an Epcot stein that my mom is going to give me for Christmas. We headed out of the park, again stopping at a store. This time the Camera Shop. I was going to buy a Spaceship Earth statue, but my mom said if I want to wait for Christmas, she'll get it for me. So I guess you'll have to wait until December for a picture. It was expensive, but I love it.

We headed back to Riverside, where we all took naps after being in the park from 7:45-3:45.

Were heading to Hollywood Studios in a bit. We have LLs stacked for Tower, Alien Swirling Saucers, Runaway Railway, and Toy Story Mania.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom