Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Last day of school here in Brick NJ. There is no summer music camp for me this time around. It had been funded by the Fed Government but that has ended

Yay for the last day of school. I hope you can relax a little. Too bad about no summer music camp though, music and other arts are important and should be funded for students just the same as sports (I’m assuming you school has some sports things for kids that are still funded this summer.)

SteveBrickNJ

Yay for the last day of school. I hope you can relax a little. Too bad about no summer music camp though, music and other arts are important and should be funded for students just the same as sports (I’m assuming you school has some sports things for kids that are still funded this summer.)
I think the only thing the district provides is for students who need academic help or are special needs. The sports stuff would only be the HS Football teams that likely practice much of August.

trr1

A little cooler here, but I since I moved I’m even further North than I used to be.

View attachment 791401
View attachment 791402
Time (EDT)​
Sky Conditions
Temperature (°F)
Feels Like (°F)
Dew Point (°F)
Humidity (%)
Wind Direction
Wind Speed (mph)
Precipitation Chance (%)
Precipitation Amount
(in.)
7 AM​
58​
58​
55​
90​
NW​
LV​
0​
None​
10 AM​
70​
70​
54​
57​
WNW​
3​
0​
None​
1 PM​
77​
77​
52​
42​
WNW​
4​
0​
None​
4 PM​
81​
81​
49​
33​
W​
6​
0​
None​
7 PM​
78​
78​
51​
39​
W​
5​
0​
None​
10 PM​
69​
69​
53​
57​
SW​
LV​
0​
None​
1 AM​
64​
64​
57​
78​
SSW​
LV​
0​
None​
4 AM​
61​
61​
58​
90​
SW​
LV​
0​
None​
Your 5 Day Forecast
Day​
Sky Conditions
Weather
High (°F)
Low (°F)
Humidity (%)
Winds (mph)
Precipitation Chance (%)
Precipitation Amount
(in.)
Wed​
Partly Cloudy​
81​
53​
45​
4​
0​
None​
Thu​
Partly Cloudy​
89​
60​
48​
7​
0​
None​
Fri​
PM T-Storms Likely​
91​
67​
51​
7​
70​
Rain
0.17​
Sat​
Sunny​
83​
61​
40​
7​
0​
None​
Sun​
Sunny​
85​
57​
36​
3​
0​
None​

PUSH

Original Poster
We went to Epcot this afternoon with plans of doing World Showcase. Spoiler alert: we did not do World Showcase. Instead we walked through the Moana water exhibit. It was cool, but could have been something better with that real estate.

Then we rode Nemo and Living with the Land. We had treats at Sunshine Seasons. I had the birthday cake cookie, but it wasn't very good. It was dry and it didn't taste like birthday cake.

After that, we avoided rain by watching Awesome Planet.

Then we were going to do the WS, but the radar didn't look favorable, so we ate at the Connections Eatery and went shopping. One thing I'm noticing... they don't have any of the shirts I like in my size. I take a large. They never have a large.

After shopping, we rode Gran Fiesta Tour and looked in the shops in Norway. The radar was looking bad again, so we decided not to stay for fireworks. We rode Spaceship Earth, then looked at the radar, which now said clear skies the rest of the night. The radar and forecasts have not been accurate more than 5 minutes out so far this trip. I'm not exaggerating.

Still, we didn't do fireworks. We watched the light shows and Spaceship Earth. I love them so much. Especially the ones with Epcot music.

When we got back, my dad and I went for our "nightly nachos" as we deemed them last year when we stayed at Coronado. Then we sat in the lobby for a while doing some people watching and enjoying the ambience. I think that was my favorite part of the day. It's so relaxing and peaceful here.

Tomorrow's plans: MK in the morning, Hollywood Studios later in the day.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
FABULOUS photos of the beauty that is Spaceship Earth. I love that geodesic sphere. 😍

Those nachos look pretty darn good, too.

I’ve never stayed at Destino (I’m a DVCer), but the public spaces in the tower are gorgeous. Will you be dining at Toledo? I’ve had a couple great meals there, highly recommend the hanger steak, if you’ve got room in your dining itinerary.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Then we were going to do the WS, but the radar didn't look favorable, so we ate at the Connections Eatery and went shopping. One thing I'm noticing... they don't have any of the shirts I like in my size. They never have a large.
Ugh. This always gets my goat as well. I realize that certain sizes are "popular" and tend to sell out quicker -- sooo . . . why don't they simply order and stock more of that specific size?! :banghead:

I recall one time that I was in AK, I went into a gift shop and loved a t-shirt designed with a bunch of jungle animals. Of course, my size was sold out in the gift shop.

The CM nicely called over to AK Lodge, and they actually had one left in their gift shop. I headed over there via Disney bus, just to get the t-shirt! Made the best of the diversion in my plans for that day, and had lunch there in The Mara -- (IMO, the best QS on Disney property), and made sure I got some zebra domes for dessert, too! :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom