Figgy1

Premium Member
Any guesses why I pulled this out today? Hmm... 🤔

View attachment 789089

Belinda Carlisle Vacation GIF by The Go-Go's

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I know there are multiple, multiple threads in which to comment, but I’m posting here as well … I am SO disappointed in the TBA POV Disney released.

No drama. No tension. So many sparse areas. Dang. Swing and a miss - on a 3-2 count in the bottom of the 9th, with bases loaded, game 7 of the World Series.

PUSH

Original Poster
I know there are multiple, multiple threads in which to comment, but I’m posting here as well … I am SO disappointed in the TBA POV Disney released.

No drama. No tension. So many sparse areas. Dang. Swing and a miss - on a 3-2 count in the bottom of the 9th, with bases loaded, game 7 of the World Series.
I won't watch it until we go on it (which we will unfortunately miss it by a week). But I've heard mixed reviews. I've heard it has a very similar feel, but with less AAs and less story. Sounds like it's a top tier attraction that was turned into a subpar attraction. Which is unfortunate because Splash was probably my #2 attraction in all of Disney World.

PUSH

Original Poster
Some more details about my trip...

I leave next Sunday. On Saturday, I'm at a friend's wedding. So if I don't get back home early enough on Sunday, there's a possibility we might wait and leave on Monday. The plan is to be on the road by 1pm on Sunday.

It's only my parents, brother, SIL, and me this time. No aunts, uncles, or cousins like the past few trips.

My dad and I are driving down and staying at Pop for a couple nights. Then the rest will fly down, and we'll stay at Coronado for a few nights before switching to Riverside for a week. Travel days included, it will be about a two week trip. It'll be about 10 days if you don't count travel days.

We are doing the DHS After Hours again, and we are seeing Drawn to Life, the Cirque du Soleil show at DS. We've never seen it before. We never saw La Nouba either.

My whole family is doing the following dining reservations... Boma breakfast and Biergarten lunch. My dad and I are doing Ale & Compass lunch and Homecomin' lunch, too.

I'm not sure whether I should do a TR or just post in here. I don't want to clog up this thread, but I've also never done a real TR "out there". If anyone has any thoughts or preferences, please let me know!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Some more details about my trip...

I leave next Sunday. On Saturday, I'm at a friend's wedding. So if I don't get back home early enough on Sunday, there's a possibility we might wait and leave on Monday. The plan is to be on the road by 1pm on Sunday.

It's only my parents, brother, SIL, and me this time. No aunts, uncles, or cousins like the past few trips.

My dad and I are driving down and staying at Pop for a couple nights. Then the rest will fly down, and we'll stay at Coronado for a few nights before switching to Riverside for a week. Travel days included, it will be about a two week trip. It'll be about 10 days if you don't count travel days.

We are doing the DHS After Hours again, and we are seeing Drawn to Life, the Cirque du Soleil show at DS. We've never seen it before. We never saw La Nouba either.

My whole family is doing the following dining reservations... Boma breakfast and Biergarten lunch. My dad and I are doing Ale & Compass lunch and Homecomin' lunch, too.

I'm not sure whether I should do a TR or just post in here. I don't want to clog up this thread, but I've also never done a real TR "out there". If anyone has any thoughts or preferences, please let me know!
Trip pics never clog up a thread and that goes double for food pics;)

Songbird76

What I saw of it, I really liked. I didn't watch the whole thing, but I thought that what they had looked really pretty. E and I were just talking about this the other day because we were talking about Pandora and how beautiful it is, but that so many people don't like NRJ because there's not a whole lot of story to it. But we LOVE it. It's so peaceful and serene, and it's nice to have a kind of escape from all the brightly colored rides with loud music, which can be difficult for people with sensory issues. So we enjoy having a bit of a "break" on a ride like NRJ. Obviously, it's hard to judge from a video, but so far, I liked what I saw and I'm looking forward to getting to go on it eventually, though it will be a few years before we get back.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I watched the POV of Tiana's and I liked what I saw. I plan to ride it but not too often because I absolutely hate getting wet on rides. I liked Splash but only for the parts that didn't involve me getting wet and I have a feeling I will feel the same about Tiana's once I ride it in person. The best comment, and by best I mean completely moronic, I saw about Tiana's was "This ride is horrible and nothing about it screams Disney at all". Really?! A ride based on a Disney movie is not Disney?

Goofyernmost

What I saw of it, I really liked. I didn't watch the whole thing, but I thought that what they had looked really pretty. E and I were just talking about this the other day because we were talking about Pandora and how beautiful it is, but that so many people don't like NRJ because there's not a whole lot of story to it. But we LOVE it. It's so peaceful and serene, and it's nice to have a kind of escape from all the brightly colored rides with loud music, which can be difficult for people with sensory issues. So we enjoy having a bit of a "break" on a ride like NRJ. Obviously, it's hard to judge from a video, but so far, I liked what I saw and I'm looking forward to getting to go on it eventually, though it will be a few years before we get back.
I did watch the whole thing, expecting to hate it, but I didn't. I think that if they had to get rid of Splash Mtn., this was a very good replacement. Colorful and even though it is based on an animation, it seem far less cartoonish then Splash. I will be one of the few to say I think it was a good job and it still had the fun and thrilling drop. The animatronics were very life like and it was a nice touch to have Tiana greeting you from time to time.
I watched the POV of Tiana's and I liked what I saw. I plan to ride it but not too often because I absolutely hate getting wet on rides. I liked Splash but only for the parts that didn't involve me getting wet and I have a feeling I will feel the same about Tiana's once I ride it in person. The best comment, and by best I mean completely moronic, I saw about Tiana's was "This ride is horrible and nothing about it screams Disney at all". Really?! A ride based on a Disney movie is not Disney?
Yeah, how real can Disney fans be that they don't realize that Walt Disney's Disneyland creation was almost totally made up of the Characters from Disney Animation or the TV live action. Yes, Walt didn't created Tiana, but he is busy in whatever after life he achieved but Tiana is as much a Disney creation as Snow White, Cinderella, Peter Pan or Mary Poppins for that matter. Those folks that cannot adjust to change no matter how good it is, will find stuff to complain about and hate it just because it isn't what they were used too.

Just as a foot note, I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have been on Splash Mtn. the most wet I ever got was about three drops of water on my sleeve. Secret is, don't sit in the front. Always toward the back.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I’ve watched multiple POV’s now, including a split screen side by side ride through.

Watching the old vs new on the same screen, it’s obvious that they stripped out so much stuff, especially on the left side of the ride that they’ve turned out the lights simply to hide the empty scenes. What a shame.

I like the final scene, but I won’t be singing the Spice song all day long like I did ZDD.

I also like an outdoor scene as you’re coming around a curve and the water tower is right there beside you. Very pretty.

Unpaint that fence! In Fresh Baked’s split screen side by side comparison, it’s obvious the fence was always there, but I swear I never noticed it. Now it’s covered in vibrantly painted vegetables which end up having nothing to do with the ride. Sometimes less is more.

And gee whiz, those banners everywhere. To what end?

In very simple terms, it’s a swing and a miss for me. Splash was one of my three favourite rides; where Tiana lands remains to be seen once I see it in person, but based on POV’s only … total meh!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I’ve watched multiple POV’s now, including a split screen side by side ride through.

Watching the old vs new on the same screen, it’s obvious that they stripped out so much stuff, especially on the left side of the ride that they’ve turned out the lights simply to hide the empty scenes. What a shame.

I like the final scene, but I won’t be singing the Spice song all day long like I did ZDD.

I also like an outdoor scene as you’re coming around a curve and the water tower is right there beside you. Very pretty.

Unpaint that fence! In Fresh Baked’s split screen side by side comparison, it’s obvious the fence was always there, but I swear I never noticed it. Now it’s covered in vibrantly painted vegetables which end up having nothing to do with the ride. Sometimes less is more.

And gee whiz, those banners everywhere. To what end?

In very simple terms, it’s a swing and a miss for me. Splash was one of my three favourite rides; where Tiana lands remains to be seen once I see it in person, but based on POV’s only … total meh!
This is exactly what we thought.

FutureCEO

Disney released a POV on to be announced? :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom