Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

I lost another brother in law today. At least we knew this one was coming, and had more than a month to visit regularly and say our good-byes.

We were the host family for the D-Family Boxing Day get together last year, and we tried so hard to wrangle everyone together for a family photo. It never happened - a couple of families arrived very late, a few people were absent due to COVID, and we just couldn’t muster enough interest among the remaining 40+ people to do a partial group photo.

We should have just said to heck with the second and third generation and taken an “Original 7, plus spouses” pic, ‘cause now we’re down two members, and it’s too late.

Moral of the story: take the damn photos; you can always delete them if they’re trash, but once the moment has passed, you’re out of luck.
1716580576390.png

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I lost another brother in law today. At least we knew this one was coming, and had more than a month to visit regularly and say our good-byes.

We were the host family for the D-Family Boxing Day get together last year, and we tried so hard to wrangle everyone together for a family photo. It never happened - a couple of families arrived very late, a few people were absent due to COVID, and we just couldn’t muster enough interest among the remaining 40+ people to do a partial group photo.

We should have just said to heck with the second and third generation and taken an “Original 7, plus spouses” pic, ‘cause now we’re down two members, and it’s too late.

Moral of the story: take the damn photos; you can always delete them if they’re trash, but once the moment has passed, you’re out of luck.

1716581367975.jpeg

PUSH

Original Poster

So sorry for your loss.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Sorry to hear of your family's loss.

SteveBrickNJ

@SteveBrickNJ , now that your daughter and SIL are on their way to their new lives together, how are you and your wife doing? You probably miss them, but at the same time, are probably very proud of them as well.
My daughter ( who actually finished Liberty University last December) was living down in Roanoke Virginia with her now current in laws while her then fiance was finishing his last Spring Semester at Liberty U which is located one hour away. She wanted to be near her new husband and be down there to prepare for the wedding. So....my wife and I are very used to it regarding having an empty nest 🪹.
....and "Yes" we were proud of her walking her graduation one semester delayed and we are happy to have a son in law as well
Thanks for asking 🙂

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

My daughter ( who actually finished Liberty University last December) was living down in Roanoke Virginia with her now current in laws while her then fiance was finishing his last Spring Semester at Liberty U which is located one hour away. She wanted to be near her new husband and be down there to prepare for the wedding. So....my wife and I are very used to it having an empty nest 🪹.
....and "Yes" we were proud of her walking her graduation one semester delayed and we are happy to have a son in law as well
Thanks for asking 🙂
On a different subject, around 4:15pm I saw these two alongside my home...20240525_164223.jpg

Songbird76

I'm sorry for your loss. We were just at a funeral today for one of my husband's aunts. I didn't even know she was sick, but apparently she was diagnosed with acute leukemia I think? Or Lymphoma? It started with an L and was some aggressive form of cancer. She was diagnosed in April. So it went super fast. We didn't particularly like this aunt... She tended to be an insensitive twit, but her sons are lovely and one of them is A's Godfather, so we went for them.

I agree... Take the picture.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Mike is up at the apartment solo until the funeral, and I am home with the boys.

Up to my old tricks of staying up until 5:00 am apparently.

Just started watching “The Great”. It’s a little bawdy for my tastes, but I do love a beautifully shot period piece, so we’ll see how far I get.

Good night, and Happy Memorial Day weekend to all my US friends.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Mike is up at the apartment solo until the funeral, and I am home with the boys.

Up to my old tricks of staying up until 5:00 am apparently.

Just started watching “The Great”. It’s a little bawdy for my tastes, but I do love a beautifully shot period piece, so we’ll see how far I get.

Good night, and Happy Memorial Day weekend to all my US friends.

It is a little bawdy and gets a little out there but overall worth a watch. I don't really like how a lot of historical shows seem to think they need to include raunchy bedroom scenes. I'm no prude but it isn't really needed in the storylines 90% of the time. Downton Abbey was great and didn't include raunchiness.

FutureCEO

Could I be seeing my first comedian this weekend? Maybe?! I'm trying to get my friend to come with me. The comedian is Jewish Italian. My friend is Italian (was born here but parents came from Italy). I tell him all the time he became too American. And according to him, I've been a little obsessed with Jews lately.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I posted this in the chit chat thread but I thought I'd share over hear too since there are a couple other teachers that frequent this particular thread more than the chit chat one....

This is the last week of school. Today was our service project day for the middle school students. The guidance counselor and I organize this day and this year we had 151 students to place at work sites. It was a challenge to coordinate it but we did it even though there was some rain in the forecast today and two sites cancelled last minute. Luckily it all worked out in the end and I hope the kids learned something about service to others. I personally supervised one group of kids in the morning at a local church and they helped out with that church's quilting group and then in the afternoon I supervised kids at our local food shelf. We had kids cleaning some local trails, at the human society, and local historical museum just to name a few places. All the students ended the day with sodas, chips, and ice cream sandwiches!

Only a day and a half left with students this year. Tomorrow we take the kids that passed their classes to a regional amusement park and our half day on Thursday will be locker clean out, awards, and a picnic in the park. It has been a long school year and quite challenging at time but I guess in the end it was a good year.

PUSH

Original Poster
I posted this in the chit chat thread but I thought I'd share over hear too since there are a couple other teachers that frequent this particular thread more than the chit chat one....

This is the last week of school. Today was our service project day for the middle school students. The guidance counselor and I organize this day and this year we had 151 students to place at work sites. It was a challenge to coordinate it but we did it even though there was some rain in the forecast today and two sites cancelled last minute. Luckily it all worked out in the end and I hope the kids learned something about service to others. I personally supervised one group of kids in the morning at a local church and they helped out with that church's quilting group and then in the afternoon I supervised kids at our local food shelf. We had kids cleaning some local trails, at the human society, and local historical museum just to name a few places. All the students ended the day with sodas, chips, and ice cream sandwiches!

Only a day and a half left with students this year. Tomorrow we take the kids that passed their classes to a regional amusement park and our half day on Thursday will be locker clean out, awards, and a picnic in the park. It has been a long school year and quite challenging at time but I guess in the end it was a good year.
We go until June 5th, which is a half day for kids. I do different themes/activities for my class the last week or so. I started today. This year I'm doing... Beach Day, Disney day, Park Day, Spirit Day (schoolwide, inflatable bouncy houses), Splash Day, and Game Day.

I have Splash Day scheduled for Monday, but it's saying a chance of storms on Monday. My rain date is Tuesday, but that has a chance of storms, too. I'm almost wondering if I should move it to the afternoon of Spirit Day. My kids are super excited about it, and they'd be bummed if they didn't get to do it. I'll give it a couple more days to see if things change in the forecast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom