Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We go until June 5th, which is a half day for kids. I do different themes/activities for my class the last week or so. I started today. This year I'm doing... Beach Day, Disney day, Park Day, Spirit Day (schoolwide, inflatable bouncy houses), Splash Day, and Game Day.

I have Splash Day scheduled for Monday, but it's saying a chance of storms on Monday. My rain date is Tuesday, but that has a chance of storms, too. I'm almost wondering if I should move it to the afternoon of Spirit Day. My kids are super excited about it, and they'd be bummed if they didn't get to do it. I'll give it a couple more days to see if things change in the forecast.

Sounds like a fun last week. Based on the shuffling we had to do because of rain, and this was the only day we could do the service activities, I say move the water day to a day you know has a good forecast. Hope the rest of your school year goes well.

PUSH

Original Poster
Sounds like a fun last week. Based on the shuffling we had to do because of rain, and this was the only day we could do the service activities, I say move the water day to a day you know has a good forecast. Hope the rest of your school year goes well.
The only day this week that would be warm enough would be Friday, but we don't have our schedule for Spirit Day yet. I'm waiting on that, too.

PUSH

Original Poster
I decided to move Splash Day to tomorrow. The news this morning said next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are alert days. There will be a couple systems moving in, and they won't know exactly what days/times will be affected until the weekend. I figured better safe than sorry.

That just means a lot more extra prep tonight. I'm exhausted. I've been running around all day, and I've been running around since I got home. A lot of it for the end of year rush.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I decided to move Splash Day to tomorrow. The news this morning said next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are alert days. There will be a couple systems moving in, and they won't know exactly what days/times will be affected until the weekend. I figured better safe than sorry.

That just means a lot more extra prep tonight. I'm exhausted. I've been running around all day, and I've been running around since I got home. A lot of it for the end of year rush.

Sounds like a good idea to move it. Better to get it in for the kids then have to cancel.

Today was our last day (well 1/2 day) with the students. It was beautiful outside so after locker clean out we all went outside for games (wiffleball, capture the flag, football, and some kids just hung out. We also have a creek that runs behind our school so some kids brought fishing equipment and had a little catch and release fishing contest. Now just one more teacher work day and then some relaxation time.

PUSH

Original Poster
Sounds like a good idea to move it. Better to get it in for the kids then have to cancel.

Today was our last day (well 1/2 day) with the students. It was beautiful outside so after locker clean out we all went outside for games (wiffleball, capture the flag, football, and some kids just hung out. We also have a creek that runs behind our school so some kids brought fishing equipment and had a little catch and release fishing contest. Now just one more teacher work day and then some relaxation time.
I just finished putting together my end of year gifts for my students. I take a picture of myself with each student. Then I print them off for cheap at Walgreens and put them in a cheap frame. It costs about $1.50-$1.75 per student. It's small, but the kids love it. This is my third year doing it.

Over the summer, a parent sent me a video. They were redecorating her son's room, as they had to make room for a new baby on the way. She said they finished decorating everything, and at the very end he had to put his own touch on it. She zoomed in on the photo of us sitting on a shelf above his bed. ☺️

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just finished putting together my end of year gifts for my students. I take a picture of myself with each student. Then I print them off for cheap at Walgreens and put them in a cheap frame. It costs about $1.50-$1.75 per student. It's small, but the kids love it. This is my third year doing it.

Over the summer, a parent sent me a video. They were redecorating her son's room, as they had to make room for a new baby on the way. She said they finished decorating everything, and at the very end he had to put his own touch on it. She zoomed in on the photo of us sitting on a shelf above his bed. ☺️

That is very sweet of you. That's also the kind of gift that parents will make sure is displayed at high school graduation parties and something the student can look back on and remember their super cool teacher!

PUSH

Original Poster
That is very sweet of you. That's also the kind of gift that parents will make sure is displayed at high school graduation parties and something the student can look back on and remember their super cool teacher!
I saw the idea on Instagram, and I thought it was really neat.

Another one I saw on Instagram... For Christmas, I get each kid a pair of warm, fuzzy socks. I put them in bags. I read Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Each time they hear the word "Rudolph", they pass the bag in one direction. At the end, they open the bag they have to see what's inside. There are a bunch of different designs to the socks. They love the game aspect, and are surprisingly excited about socks. I let them change into them for the rest of the day.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Funerals are good for reminding you who and what is important in your life, just as much as who and what is not.

They’re also pretty good for giving you monster sinus headaches that don’t respond to Advil or 23-minute naps.
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom