Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Understand Captain America GIF

The Mom

Premium Member
Then apparently you have not been in the supermarket in the US or are you playing an April fools?
The four corners of my Local Publix are 1. Deli- fried chicken, grab and go stuff, etc. At least 50% unhealthy.
2. meats - healthy is in the eye of the beholder
3. eggs, butter, refrigerated rolls, ice cream, again 50/50.
4. Beer and wine. Again, in the eye of the beholder.

Not all supermarkets in the US are the same. Not even all chain stores are set up the same.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
The research on supermarkets is that the stuff in the aisles gets ignored and forgotten and the stuff on the perimeter gets passed by 95%+ of shoppers and is several times more likely to get purchased.

That’s why companies like the one I used to work for spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy just a single week of “end cap” space, so we could face the shoppers running the “racetrack”, as it’s called.

The healthy foods aren’t on the perimeter for malice reasons.

They’re on the perimeter (or immediately in front of you when you walk in) because the grocers want to be able to easily restock them while the store is open, as they generally turn MUCH faster than center store items, and because they want to show them off and show what a healthy store they are. Kroger makes a whole big show about all the ingredients that are banned in their racetrack.

If anyone would like to know more about grocery store layouts and shopping behaviors, I can be reached by PM.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The research on supermarkets is that the stuff in the aisles gets ignored and forgotten and the stuff on the perimeter gets passed by 95%+ of shoppers and is several times more likely to get purchased.

That’s why companies like the one I used to work for spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy just a single week of “end cap” space, so we could face the shoppers running the “racetrack”, as it’s called.

They’re on the perimeter (or immediately in front of you when you walk in) because the grocers want to be able to easily restock them while the store is open, as they generally turn MUCH faster than center store items, and because they want to show them off and show what a healthy store they are. Kroger makes a whole big show about all the ingredients that are banned in their racetrack.

If anyone would like to know more about grocery store layouts and shopping behaviors, I can be reached by PM.
Do you have diagrams and flow charts ?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I'm afraid I'm going to need sworn testimony from dozens of your friends, family, and acquaintances who are experts in their field to determine if this is true or not.

Oddly, this all lines up with what I was told and learned about grocery store layouts in the 80's and 90's. Like when a relative ran the produce department of a grocery store for a few decades and we'd talk at family gatherings and from time to time when we were both working, because my job for many years was inside of the same grocery store (a restaurant inside the store, not the grocery store itself).

FutureCEO

Still in denial that healthy food is at corners of the supermarkets ( Winn Dixie, Piggly Wiggly, Publix, etc) - gotcha ya🤔 The Horatio misdirection that you post is moving the goal posts attempt. To support a poster who is clearly incorrect is your call.

I swear I miss out on all the fun. But some healthy foods are technically not that healthy due to all the chemicals the FDA allows them to put on the food and in the food too.

SteveBrickNJ

@ajrwdwgirl and @PUSH
Tomorrow around here is the dreaded "Take Your Child To Work Day". Is this a National thing that will impact both of you as well?
So many of my school's students will be absent tomorrow.
Thank goodness it was NOT designated for today.
I had 2 Band Concerts earlier today.
Additionally...
I'm messaging from school as I await the time to receive the students and parents for this evening's performance.

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
@ajrwdwgirl and @PUSH
Tomorrow around here is the dreaded "Take Your Child To Work Day". Is this a National thing that will impact both of you as well?
So many of my school's students will be absent tomorrow.
Thank goodness it was NOT designated for today.
I had 2 Band Concerts earlier today.
Additionally...
I'm messaging from school as I await the time to receive the students and parents for this evening's performance.
It's a thing, but I can only remember one student ever being absent for it. And it was my favorite student I've ever had, go figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom