Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

rshell68

Tell me Rahul Kohli (Sunil) is not an English-Indian version of John Krasinski! It struck me from his very first appearance. I’m like - Jim!
I have to admit I've never watched The Office
Snl Bag GIF by Saturday Night Live

Also, I hope you’re feeling better.

Thank you both!! Gutting it out at work today 🫤

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
To be fair, John Krasinski has done so much more than The Office.

He’s done a bunch of movies (both with and without his fantastic wife), and portrayed Jack Ryan for four seasons on Amazon. He’s dipped his toe in the MCU; and has a lead voice part in the huge movie IF coming out this year. He also writes and directs. Our Jim Halpert really has grown up.

Also the Michael Scott seasons of The Office are well worth watching. Once Steve Carell leaves, you can totally check out. I love, love, love James Spader, but the character Robert California just did not work. I blame the writing, not the acting. Andy’s character also took a drastic wrong turn. I know a lot had to do with working around Ed Helms’ booming movie career at the time, but they totally did Andy wrong. He started out ick, became someone we really cared about, and then totally icked out again.

Michael broke my heart so many times. Sometimes I just wanted to smack him, but more often I really just wanted to hug him and say, “There, there, it will all work out. I promise.” And happily, it did. 🙂

PUSH

Original Poster
To be fair, John Krasinski has done so much more than The Office.

He’s done a bunch of movies (both with and without his fantastic wife), and portrayed Jack Ryan for four seasons on Amazon. He’s dipped his toe in the MCU; and has a lead voice part in the huge movie IF coming out this year. He also writes and directs. Our Jim Halpert really has grown up.

Also the Michael Scott seasons of The Office are well worth watching. Once Steve Carell leaves, you can totally check out. I love, love, love James Spader, but the character Robert California just did not work. I blame the writing, not the acting. Andy’s character also took a drastic wrong turn. I know a lot had to do with working around Ed Helms’ booming movie career at the time, but they totally did Andy wrong. He started out ick, became someone we really cared about, and then totally icked out again.

Michael broke my heart so many times. Sometimes I just wanted to smack him, but more often I really just wanted to hug him and say, “There, there, it will all work out. I promise.” And happily, it did. 🙂
The first season of The Office isn't great, and they learned they had to tone down Michael and make him more likable. They nailed it the rest of the seasons he's on.

I agree that once he left, it wasn't the same. Michael's connection to all the characters was special, and Steve Carrell was perfect for the role.

Lilofan

We have a snow day today. We haven't had snow in forever.
Kids likes snow days like me when I was a kid but one of my friends I met in college said he did not have any snow days. He advised at his boarding school grades 7-12 all attended classes Mon-Fri, and Sat morning , regardless of weather. The teachers , their families and students lived in campus housing together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom