Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
@JenniferS , is St. Patrick's Day observed by many in Canada? It's big down here in MA, due to the number of Irish that emigrated here in the 1900s (and their descendants, of course). There are parades, etc. I don't get into it too much, but I like corned beef once a year! :hungry:
It’s a thing here too. I married into an Irish family, but other than a few of the brothers getting together every year for a (not green) beer, they don’t really do much.

PUSH

Original Poster
I've never done anything for St. Patrick's Day. Tomorrow there's a St. Paddy's Day 5k in town that I was asked if I wanted to do. I'm not sure why they imagined I'd be up for a 5k, but I said I'd meet them at the after party for drinks. So I'm going to go down for an hour or so.

PUSH

Original Poster
I've been eyeing some shoes from Under Armour for a little while. They're originally $110, which is too steep for me. But I got an ad saying they were only $68. Then I found a promo code for an extra 30% off. I wasn't sure which color I wanted, so I got them both and may return one. Even with both pairs of shoes, I paid less than the $110 that one pair was originally priced at. I'm happy.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I've been eyeing some shoes from Under Armour for a little while. They're originally $110, which is too steep for me. But I got an ad saying they were only $68. Then I found a promo code for an extra 30% off. I wasn't sure which color I wanted, so I got them both and may return one. Even with both pairs of shoes, I paid less than the $110 that one pair was originally priced at. I'm happy.

That's the kind of shopping I like!! #bargainhunter

Goofyernmost

Feeling much better today.

Absolutely exhausted though. Take a load of laundry down … rest 20 minutes. Bring the load up … rest 20 minutes. Fold the laundry … rest 20 minutes.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. 😘
You are describing my life as I has been for the past two years, since I had the fusion done in my neck. I'm just now starting to build up a little stamina and not have to stop and sit every few minutes. But, I'm old and have an excuse. I'm not sure your excuses are really legit. Just kidding, of course, but honestly, I have physically aged a bunch over the last 2.5 years and I suspect that some of it is having my age catch up with me.

JenniferS

Premium Member
Mike has now left. It’s just Daisy and me for the rest of the week. Mike is planning to book Friday as a work from home day, and will drive here straight after work on Thursday night.

I’m puttering around doing little projects. Tonight I hung his Italian Restaurant lyrics poster in the dining room.

IMG_6285.jpeg
IMG_6286.jpeg

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Mike has now left. It’s just Daisy and me for the rest of the week. Mike is planning to book Friday as a work from home day, and will drive here straight after work on Thursday night.

I’m puttering around doing little projects. Tonight I hung his Italian Restaurant lyrics poster in the dining room.

View attachment 773515
View attachment 773516
That's gorgeous!! Love the curtains, and the bowl on the table.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
You are describing my life as I has been for the past two years, since I had the fusion done in my neck. I'm just now starting to build up a little stamina and not have to stop and sit every few minutes. But, I'm old and have an excuse. I'm not sure your excuses are really legit. Just kidding, of course, but honestly, I have physically aged a bunch over the last 2.5 years and I suspect that some of it is having my age catch up with me.
I'm referencing an earlier post of yours now, but when I turned 60 last July, my 91 year old dad (at the time), said that he couldn't credit that he had a 60 yo child. Because it's all about him. ;)

Age catches up to all of us, and I do just wonder at how unprepared some are. There's my dad at now 92 (so he's got a good few years on you) complaining about his knees. All of his five siblings had knee replacement surgery in their 70s or 80s, and he's just now having complaints, and he doesn't appreciate the difference. Took him to an osteo the other day, and his Xrays showed that he should have had knee replacement 10 years ago! Doc gave him a cortisone shot, which he was expecting and hoping for, but also expected to be a miracle cure to restore his cartilage--it doesn't work like that. He just wants some kind of medical miracle to restore him to the robust heath he enjoyed in his 70s and 80s...it's just not going to happen, and I'm now going to have to spend the rest of his days managing his "unreasonable expectations".

I notice the slight change in my darling husband, now that he's 61--he did just come through lung cancer surgery with a fantastic outcome, but age does take its toll. I wish I could get rid of the excess weight that I've put on over the past several years, I feel like the normal "lady in her 50s" changes were compounded by the loss of my only sibling to 9/11 cancer--we had always talked about supporting our parents together in their old age, and then suddenly he got sick, died at the age of 50, and then I had to deal with the parents as an only child (thank goodness for my husband's help). I'm probably some degree of depressed, and I've certainly put on a lot of weight that contributes to my unhappiness. So I've gotta get myself moving.

JenniferS

Premium Member
I'm referencing an earlier post of yours now, but when I turned 60 last July, my 91 year old dad (at the time), said that he couldn't credit that he had a 60 yo child. Because it's all about him. ;)

Age catches up to all of us, and I do just wonder at how unprepared some are. There's my dad at now 92 (so he's got a good few years on you) complaining about his knees. All of his five siblings had knee replacement surgery in their 70s or 80s, and he's just now having complaints, and he doesn't appreciate the difference. Took him to an osteo the other day, and his Xrays showed that he should have had knee replacement 10 years ago! Doc gave him a cortisone shot, which he was expecting and hoping for, but also expected to be a miracle cure to restore his cartilage--it doesn't work like that. He just wants some kind of medical miracle to restore him to the robust heath he enjoyed in his 70s and 80s...it's just not going to happen, and I'm now going to have to spend the rest of his days managing his "unreasonable expectations".

I notice the slight change in my darling husband, now that he's 61--he did just come through lung cancer surgery with a fantastic outcome, but age does take its toll. I wish I could get rid of the excess weight that I've put on over the past several years, I feel like the normal "lady in her 50s" changes were compounded by the loss of my only sibling to 9/11 cancer--we had always talked about supporting our parents together in their old age, and then suddenly he got sick, died at the age of 50, and then I had to deal with the parents as an only child (thank goodness for my husband's help). I'm probably some degree of depressed, and I've certainly put on a lot of weight that contributes to my unhappiness. So I've gotta get myself moving.
There’s no “care” emoji like on FB, so I went with sad. Wow, you’ve got a lot going on.

As for your dad, if he has no cartilage left, cortisone won’t help. He should ask about injectable lubricants like Monovisc. I’m not sure if it’s covered by Medicaid, but up here the shots run $425’ish twice/year. Probably less than $300 in your boring green money.

JenniferS

Premium Member
As a native NYer, that picture is totally out of whack, but if it makes you happy, I'm happy for you.

I see the IBM building, the United Nations, the Met Life building...and none of them are where they should be. :D
It was $49, the right colours, and filled a totally blank white wall. That’s three wins.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

One thought is to make sure you get out of your house every day, and take a walk or a run. Distance and exercise relieves a lot of stress. Sometimes, when walking, a person might also think through some of the challenges, and possible solutions might just appear out of the blue.

1710754311291.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom