67​
51​
62​
7​
63​
Rain
0.27​

rshell68

Anybody watch the Oscars last night? Thoughts?
Very happy my Cillian won 😍 Was also happy with Da'Vine's win. I really enjoyed her performance in The Holdovers. Watched Poor Things Saturday and was not that impressed, but that is just my opinion 🤷‍♀️

I liked what they did with the past Best and Supporting Actors introducing the nominees.

Slash was an awesome surprise!!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Very happy my Cillian won 😍 Was also happy with Da'Vine's win. I really enjoyed her performance in The Holdovers. Watched Poor Things Saturday and was not that impressed, but that is just my opinion 🤷‍♀️

I liked what they did with the past Best and Supporting Actors introducing the nominees.

Slash was an awesome surprise!!
I’ve got The Holdovers queued to watch … maybe tonight.

Goofyernmost

Disagree -- peplum is good camouflage. :p
Probably true, but fashion is there to achieve a specific intention and that, for most, is to attract a mate**. So in order to achieve the end goal at some point the camouflage is going to be discarded. Then what?

Personally, for me, along with makeup applied with a trowel, I find peplum's quite unattractive.😲
Unless it is to make other women feel under-dressed or badly dressed.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I’ve got The Holdovers queued to watch … maybe tonight.

I watched The Holdovers on my flight back from Ireland last week. It was...good 🤷‍♀️ I'm not sorry I watched it, but I wouldn't be excited to see it again.

On the same flight, I also watched Wonka, a glorious film that moved me to both laughter and tears.

I noticed a lot of people watching Oppenheimer. Based on what I saw, I'm not running to see it.

Watched Poor Things Saturday and was not that impressed, but that is just my opinion 🤷‍♀️
Judging by what I've seen and heard about it, I have no desire to watch it at all.

I'm also not that fond of Emma Stone, for some reason.

I loved that, and I think it should be featured every year.

Also, I'd like some of whatever Mary Steenburgen is having. She is a few years older than me, and she looked AWESOME. Also Michelle Yeoh--those gloves!!--I've enjoyed her ever since Tomorrow Never Dies (I still haven't seen the movie that put her "on the map", Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon...someday!). I watched last year's Best Picture winner, Everything Everywhere All At Once, just because she was in it, and that's another one that I wouldn't watch again. And Regina King is awesome, even in the (Wells Fargo?) commercials that she's doing lately. Lovely dress, a color no one else was wearing. She rocked. And having Rita Moreno for America Ferrera??? Perfection. Had to reach for the tissues.

I was kind of disappointed that McConaughey didn't trot out an "alright, alright, alright" 😆 and I also thought he looked a bit worn down.

Anybody watch the Oscars last night? Thoughts?

I thought that "I'm Just Ken" was much more deserving of Best Song than Billie Eilish's dirge. Full disclosure, I haven't seen the Barbie movie. I tried to watch it (on a plane!) and lasted 20 minutes before I felt my brains leaking out of my ears. Had to protect myself. 😂 But after seeing that production number, and the clip of America Ferrera from the movie, I'm tempted to give it another try. BTW, America Ferrera looked great in that dress. I also noticed that the fabric of that dress was all over the place, it seemed like Greta Gerwig, Margot Robbie, Emily Blunt (those elevated shoulder straps were very distracting, but she looked lovely) were all wearing dresses made from the same cloth in different colours! I thought it was cute that John Krasinski dressed to match his wife.

Speaking of dresses, Issa Rae in that dark green (the announcer called it a black dress, but it was clearly a very deep green) was spectacular, as was Anya Taylor Joy, she and that dress were perfect for each other. I didn't care for Emma Stone's dress--the mint was an odd color, and the peplum much too large. Ariana Grande's dress was lovely, but it kind of swallowed her--and I'm sorry to say that her natural brunette is a much better look for her. Blond does nothing for her. Jodie Foster looked amazing. Carey Mulligan was simply elegant, but someone please give that girl a cheeseburger (I know, I know, I'm not supposed to say that, but she looked painfully thin)

I'm not a huge fan of Jimmy Kimmel, and I found him kind of annoying as host. Not sure how I feel about the John Cena stunt. Robert Downey Jr was quite entertaining, although I think he started to spread it a bit thick. I noticed that many of the fellas accented their formal wear with glittery brooches, which was pretty interesting. I love Dwayne Johnson, but if he's dressing himself, he shouldn't be allowed to, and if someone is dressing him, they should be replaced.

Melissa McCarthy looked fantastic, but her schtick was not.

Da'Vine Joy Rudolph is a joy to see at awards shows (her performance in the film is kind of understated/quiet). She also won the BAFTA and gave a similarly moving speech.

I enjoyed the Schwarzenegger/DeVito bit more than I expected to, and when Michael Keaton was added to the bit, it was even better.

Was delighted to see my homie Cillian Murphy win. ☘️ DeNiro mostly looked like he'd rather have been somewhere else. Spielberg was great fun during the broadcast when they cut to him, and I thought he did a wonderful job of presenting Best Director. Al Pacino doing Best Picture, not so much. I think he was actually drunk.

hahaha, are you sorry now that you asked for thoughts? 😆 That was a truckload of them!

JenniferS

Premium Member
I watched The Holdovers on my flight back from Ireland last week. It was...good 🤷‍♀️ I'm not sorry I watched it, but I wouldn't be excited to see it again.

On the same flight, I also watched Wonka, a glorious film that moved me to both laughter and tears.

I noticed a lot of people watching Oppenheimer. Based on what I saw, I'm not running to see it.

Judging by what I've seen and heard about it, I have no desire to watch it at all.

I'm also not that fond of Emma Stone, for some reason.

I loved that, and I think it should be featured every year.

Also, I'd like some of whatever Mary Steenburgen is having. She is a few years older than me, and she looked AWESOME. Also Michelle Yeoh--those gloves!!--I've enjoyed her ever since Tomorrow Never Dies (I still haven't seen the movie that put her "on the map", Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon...someday!). I watched last year's Best Picture winner, Everything Everywhere All At Once, just because she was in it, and that's another one that I wouldn't watch again. And Regina King is awesome, even in the (Wells Fargo?) commercials that she's doing lately. Lovely dress, a color no one else was wearing. She rocked. And having Rita Moreno for America Ferrera??? Perfection. Had to reach for the tissues.

I was kind of disappointed that McConaughey didn't trot out an "alright, alright, alright" 😆 and I also thought he looked a bit worn down.

I thought that "I'm Just Ken" was much more deserving of Best Song than Billie Eilish's dirge. Full disclosure, I haven't seen the Barbie movie. I tried to watch it (on a plane!) and lasted 20 minutes before I felt my brains leaking out of my ears. Had to protect myself. 😂 But after seeing that production number, and the clip of America Ferrera from the movie, I'm tempted to give it another try. BTW, America Ferrera looked great in that dress. I also noticed that the fabric of that dress was all over the place, it seemed like Greta Gerwig, Margot Robbie, Emily Blunt (those elevated shoulder straps were very distracting, but she looked lovely) were all wearing dresses made from the same cloth in different colours! I thought it was cute that John Krasinski dressed to match his wife.

Speaking of dresses, Issa Rae in that dark green (the announcer called it a black dress, but it was clearly a very deep green) was spectacular, as was Anya Taylor Joy, she and that dress were perfect for each other. I didn't care for Emma Stone's dress--the mint was an odd color, and the peplum much too large. Ariana Grande's dress was lovely, but it kind of swallowed her--and I'm sorry to say that her natural brunette is a much better look for her. Blond does nothing for her. Jodie Foster looked amazing. Carey Mulligan was simply elegant, but someone please give that girl a cheeseburger (I know, I know, I'm not supposed to say that, but she looked painfully thin)

I'm not a huge fan of Jimmy Kimmel, and I found him kind of annoying as host. Not sure how I feel about the John Cena stunt. Robert Downey Jr was quite entertaining, although I think he started to spread it a bit thick. I noticed that many of the fellas accented their formal wear with glittery brooches, which was pretty interesting. I love Dwayne Johnson, but if he's dressing himself, he shouldn't be allowed to, and if someone is dressing him, they should be replaced.

Melissa McCarthy looked fantastic, but her schtick was not.

Da'Vine Joy Rudolph is a joy to see at awards shows (her performance in the film is kind of understated/quiet). She also won the BAFTA and gave a similarly moving speech.

I enjoyed the Schwarzenegger/DeVito bit more than I expected to, and when Michael Keaton was added to the bit, it was even better.

Was delighted to see my homie Cillian Murphy win. ☘️ DeNiro mostly looked like he'd rather have been somewhere else. Spielberg was great fun during the broadcast when they cut to him, and I thought he did a wonderful job of presenting Best Director. Al Pacino doing Best Picture, not so much. I think he was actually drunk.

hahaha, are you sorry now that you asked for thoughts? 😆 That was a truckload of them!
I have no idea how to bit and piece my responses on my phone, so here goes.

Spenser has declared that The Holdovers is not for me.

I could take or leave Emma Stone. Spenser is a HUGE fan. He had primo seats for Cabaret a few years ago and she touched his face. I’m not sure he has washed that spot to this day.

I seem to be the only one who didn’t enjoy the past nominees introducing the current ones, addressing them specifically. It was too schmaltzy, almost fawning, to me.

Mary Steenburgen is lovely. Rita Morena looks dynamite! Loved America’s dress. Hated the stiff off the shoulder straps. What were they thinking? Didn’t like Emma Stone’s dress at all. Ariana is the cutest thing ever, but her tiny, tiny frame was overpowered by the dress. Jodie Foster looked elegant.

I don’t think cocaine/drug jokes are funny. I’m glad RDJ has put his life together, but many other people are not so lucky. My nephew is currently in rehab, and as you know, my brother died of an overdose. I repeat, addiction is not funny. What next, jokes about partner abuse? Hey Rihanna, where you at, girl?

Dwayne looked wonderful. Dwayne always looks wonderful. He’s at the very top of everyone’s best or worst dressed list. Not too many neutral reactions.

Not body shaming, but that was not the dress for Da’Vine.

Bobby D, and to a lesser degree, Al Pacino … are just ick.

I don’t watch Kimmel’s late night show, but I do watch him on YouTube where he pranks his elderly aunt. Guillermo is always mildly amusing. Without getting political, I have to admit that I snort-laughed out loud when Kimmel responded to Trump’s Truth post by saying, “Isn’t it past your jail time?” I know he had it locked and loaded, ready to go, but it came across as spontaneous and I still thought it funny.

I didn’t have my glasses on because I was playing on my phone. I’m sure I missed a lot.

“I’m Just Ken” was the highlight of the night for me … and I had no idea that was Slash; nor in fact who Slash is, until I Googled him. (I grew up in an Evangelical house, we didn’t listen to “heathen” music. 😂)

JenniferS

Premium Member
In other news, I think I have a problem tooth.

The right side of my face has been tender and swollen for more than a week. I was hoping it was sinus-related, but nope, I’m pretty sure it’s dental.

No searing pain, just a swollen, tender face. If it turns out to be one of the previously root canal treated teeth, they can just yank it. I’m done.

Five root canals on that side of my mouth, three of them treated twice; one of which required actual surgery. Enough already. My teeth are crowded anyway. Maybe they’d appreciate a little breathing space.

JenniferS

Premium Member
I’ve seen so many of those makeup/contouring reels that I am now convinced that every first date should take place at a water park.

Preferably one with a wave pool and a lazy river with waterfalls that absolutely drench you!

trr1

I have no idea how to bit and piece my responses on my phone, so here goes.

Spenser has declared that The Holdovers is not for me.

I could take or leave Emma Stone. Spenser is a HUGE fan. He had primo seats for Cabaret a few years ago and she touched his face. I’m not sure he has washed that spot to this day.

I seem to be the only one who didn’t enjoy the past nominees introducing the current ones, addressing them specifically. It was too schmaltzy, almost fawning, to me.

Mary Steenburgen is lovely. Rita Morena looks dynamite! Loved America’s dress. Hated the stiff off the shoulder straps. What were they thinking? Didn’t like Emma Stone’s dress at all. Ariana is the cutest thing ever, but her tiny, tiny frame was overpowered by the dress. Jodie Foster looked elegant.

I don’t think cocaine/drug jokes are funny. I’m glad RDJ has put his life together, but many other people are not so lucky. My nephew is currently in rehab, and as you know, my brother died of an overdose. I repeat, addiction is not funny. What next, jokes about partner abuse? Hey Rihanna, where you at, girl?

Dwayne looked wonderful. Dwayne always looks wonderful. He’s at the very top of everyone’s best or worst dressed list. Not too many neutral reactions.

Not body shaming, but that was not the dress for Da’Vine.

Bobby D, and to a lesser degree, Al Pacino … are just ick.

I don’t watch Kimmel’s late night show, but I do watch him on YouTube where he pranks his elderly aunt. Guillermo is always mildly amusing. Without getting political, I have to admit that I snort-laughed out loud when Kimmel responded to Trump’s Truth post by saying, “Isn’t it past your jail time?” I know he had it locked and loaded, ready to go, but it came across as spontaneous and I still thought it funny.

I didn’t have my glasses on because I was playing on my phone. I’m sure I missed a lot.

“I’m Just Ken” was the highlight of the night for me … and I had no idea that was Slash; nor in fact who Slash is, until I Googled him. (I grew up in an Evangelical house, we didn’t listen to “heathen” music. 😂)
did you like what john Cena wore?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom