Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@JenniferS , will you be watching the Oscars on Sunday night (not sure if it's carried up there on any TV station in Canada, although it's probably carried somewhere online). I know you like movies, so I thought I'd ask if you had any favorites. The only current movie I saw was Barbie (on DVD, just yesterday). Some cute moments, creative sets, and nice fashions, but I wasn't really a fan of the movie. Some day, I'll see Oppenheimer, but probably well after the Oscars.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
@JenniferS , will you be watching the Oscars on Sunday night (not sure if it's carried up there on any TV station in Canada, although it's probably carried somewhere online). I know you like movies, so I thought I'd ask if you had any favorites. The only current movie I saw was Barbie (on DVD, just yesterday). Some cute moments, creative sets, and nice fashions, but I wasn't really a fan of the movie. Some day, I'll see Oppenheimer, but probably well after the Oscars.
I’ve also only seen Barbie this year. At the theatre though.

Mike’s brother’s Celebration of Life is on Sunday … a big old fashioned Irish wake. This is what Paddy wanted. (The funeral was his daughter’s wish.)

Spenser and I have a date to watch together. Spenser is a total cinephile; and me, I think this is just proof I’m getting old.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I’ve also only seen Barbie this year. At the theatre though.

Mike’s brother’s Celebration of Life is on Sunday … a big old fashioned Irish wake. This is what Paddy wanted. (The funeral was his daughter’s wish.)

Spenser and I have a date to watch together. Spenser is a total cinephile; and me, I think this is just proof I’m getting old.
Well, this is an important weekend for Mike, and sending kind wishes to him and family at the celebration of life, for his brother.

I think it's nice that you and Spenser can watch the show together. Maybe he'll have some good insight into who or what groups will win the specific categories. Heard today that the show (down here) is starting an hour earlier this year, and that's helpful to some people who don't like staying up to midnight to catch the big winners.

FutureCEO

Apparently there is a small European food market that I've lived near my whole live that I never knew existed. I passed by it all the time and the name leads you to think it's a restaurant.

Went in to it today and I was not very impressed.

Lilofan

Apparently there is a small European food market that I've lived near my whole live that I never knew existed. I passed by it all the time and the name leads you to think it's a restaurant.

Went in to it today and I was not very impressed.
Speaking about an outdoor food market , my mom and pop visited a food/ fruit market in Rome. She got a scolding from the vendor . My mom was selecting the pieces of fruit she wanted to purchase by feeling the merchandise. She learned with his facial , body movements and Italian words that my mom had to tell him how many of each fruit then the vendor would bag it and then she would pay for it. Mom learned while in Rome - don't touch the fruit!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Speaking about an outdoor food market , my mom and pop visited a food/ fruit market in Rome. She got a scolding from the vendor . My mom was selecting the pieces of fruit she wanted to purchase by feeling the merchandise. She learned with his facial , body movements and Italian words that my mom had to tell him how many of each fruit then the vendor would bag it and then she would pay for it. Mom learned while in Rome - don't touch the fruit!

Not just in Rome.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
The Celebration of Life was lovely. A good old fashioned, festive, Irish wake.

There are some deep rifts within the family that I prayed would be healed, but today proved that I’ll have to keep praying.

It was very sad to look around the jam-packed hall and realize this will most likely just be the first death in the family for 2024.

Just a reminder friends, life is short. Let the grievances go. Be the bigger person if you have to. “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.”

IMG_6210.jpegIMG_6208.jpegIMG_6207.jpegIMG_6206.jpegIMG_6205.jpegIMG_6203.jpegIMG_6202.jpegIMG_6204.jpegIMG_6211.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom