Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Lilofan

On February 15th, National Wisconsin Day recognizes The Badger State.

#NationalWisconsinDay

Rich in copper, lead, forest and fertile farmland, Wisconsin became the 30th state on May 29, 1848. In 1634, French explorer Jean Nicolet was the first European to reach Wisconsin while seeking a Northwest passage to China.

A mining boom, not fur trading, led to the nickname The Badger State. According to oral history, the miners burrowed into the hillsides much like badgers for shelter instead of setting up more permanent homesteads. The first wave of settlers to the area also began the uprooting of the Ho-Chunk, Menominee, Chippewa and other indigenous people.
arly in Wisconsin’s settlement, dairy production began to take root. By the turn of the century, the state became known for its dairy farms and synonymous with cheese.

Mining, dairies, and breweries grew one after the other. An influx of German immigrants in the 1850s brought a new brand of dreamers. Brewers cropped up across Wisconsin satisfying the thirst of The Badger State. As with brewers in other regions of the country, the 18th Amendment of 1919 prohibiting alcohol drowned out much of the competition leaving only a handful after the legislation was repealed in 1933.
From Lake Michigan to Superior and numerous river and lakes in between, Wisconsin offers ample opportunity for water recreation and sport. There are also year-round trails perfect for summer hiking or substantial snow for winter activities.

HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL WISCONSIN DAY

• Discover a taste of Wisconsin.
  • Join National Day Calendar as we explore the 30th state’s history, people, and culture.
  • Read about these 5 Things Wisconsin is Known For (other than cheese).
  • Uncover and Travel Wisconsin with all her hidden treasures and amazing landscapes! Use #NationalWisconsinDay to share on social media.
What is amazing is WI and other colder climate states actively recruit the best Hawaii high school football players to go their school . WI, WSU, Utah, WA, MI, OR state, OR have been getting prized recruits to leave the island and play in the cold. My family member went to graduate school in WI- Madison and had never experienced winter climates. It was a big shock to her during her first year in WI.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Jennifer, who are Bob and Doug? Are they local personalities up there?
Bob grew up eventually and had some kids, which he accidentally shrunk, and then blew up.

They both voiced characters in Disney’s “Brother Bear”, appropriately portraying Canadian moose duo Rutt and Tuke.

Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas … aka Bob and Doug McKenzie. “Take off, eh.”

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

trr1

Berwyn - HQ1 (KLOM) forecast for Monday 2/12/24
Time (EST)​
Sky Conditions
Temperature (°F)
Feels Like (°F)
Dew Point (°F)
Humidity (%)
Wind Direction
Wind Speed (mph)
Precipitation Chance (%)
Precipitation Amount
(in.)
6 AM​
36​
36​
31​
82​
NE​
LV​
0​
None​
9 AM​
41​
41​
31​
68​
E​
LV​
0​
None​
12 PM​
48​
48​
32​
54​
SE​
LV​
0​
None​
3 PM​
52​
52​
33​
48​
S​
3​
0​
None​
6 PM​
48​
48​
36​
63​
SE​
LV​
20​
Trace​
9 PM​
45​
45​
38​
77​
ESE​
3​
80​
Rain
0.02​
12 AM​
41​
37​
38​
89​
E​
6​
80​
Rain
0.05​
3 AM​
39​
32​
37​
93​
ENE​
11​
80​
Rain
0.07​
Your 5 Day Forecast
Day​
Sky Conditions
Weather
High (°F)
Low (°F)
Humidity (%)
Winds (mph)
Precipitation Chance (%)
Precipitation Amount
(in.)
Mon​
Evening Rain Likely​
52​
36​
59​
LV​
80​
Rain
0.13​
Tue​
All Day Snow/Rain Likely​
42​
33​
71​
11​
80​
S:1-3
L:1.2​
Wed​
Partly Cloudy​
36​
27​
50​
11​
0​
None​
Thu​
Evening Flurries Likely​
42​
24​
55​
5​
59​
S:<1/4
L:0.06​
Fri​
Partly Cloudy​
41​
31​
50​
11​
0​
None​
1707773536170.png

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Valentines Day Love GIF

PUSH

Original Poster
An update on the Otterbox phone case... the second one still has not arrived. It was supposed to arrive Monday, but never did. The tracking number says it's been enroute to USPS somewhere in Illinois for 6 days. No update since. If I don't get it by Monday, I'm going to contact them and tell them how ridiculous it's getting, and I just want them to refund the shipping I paid. Then I'll get a case elsewhere. I've been trying to get a replacement case for a month.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We sold the truck today. Both a happy and sad day. It was a gorgeous truck, but truth is, we’re leaving Baby Bo at the campground for at least the next year or two, so we don’t need the truck. We also don’t need the $1025 monthly payment for the next three years.

This was the day we bought it.

IMG_7695.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We sold the truck today. Both a happy and sad day. It was a gorgeous truck, but truth is, we’re leaving Baby Bo at the campground for at least the next year or two, so we don’t need the truck. We also don’t need the $1025 monthly payment for the next three years.

This was the day we bought it.

View attachment 768497
Sad you had to sell it, but under the present circumstances, it makes good financial sense to do so. At least you have the camper stored for future use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom