Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Our town used school buses to take people to/from the grocery stores so pantries could be restocked. Schools were closed, of course!
Schools and businesses were shut down for about 2 weeks (to give road crews enough time to clear tons of snow from roads, vehicles, etc.). We pulled our sled to the high school to put milk and other supplies on it, and to bring it home. :joyfull:

PUSH

Original Poster
I eat at McDonalds probably only 5 days out of the 365 days in a calendar year. (Yes...I know some of you eat there ZERO days a year)
Even so, I'm glad they are going to try to reign in their price a bit...
I'm not a huge McDonalds fan, but I have definitely stopped eating there because of the prices. I can go to Culver's for cheaper, and it's made fresh and has much better food. Plus, I can typically get frozen custard and upgrade my side at Culver's, and it still equals the same price as McDonalds' base meal.

Their chicken nuggets are not worth $13 for a meal. And their food doesn't fill me up. I'm usually hungry again in a couple hours.

trr1

I'm not a huge McDonalds fan, but I have definitely stopped eating there because of the prices. I can go to Culver's for cheaper, and it's made fresh and has much better food. Plus, I can typically get frozen custard and upgrade my side at Culver's, and it still equals the same price as McDonalds' base meal.

Their chicken nuggets are not worth $13 for a meal. And their food doesn't fill me up. I'm usually hungry again in a couple hours.
like Chinese cuisine?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Mmmmmm....Culver's. Ate there last week. I got a double bacon butter burger with cheese and a side of fries. I was too full for custard sadly.

SteveBrickNJ

I entered into Google: " nearest Culver's to Brick NJ"
and Culver's software just responded: "Sorry, there are no Culver's near you."
Bummer!

SteveBrickNJ

I entered into Google: " nearest Culver's to Brick NJ"
and Culver's software just responded: "Sorry, there are no Culver's near you."
Bummer!
Yet tonight after I conducted a successful 5th grade Band Concert I was soooooo hungry. I stopped at Roy Rogers and had this....(Roast Beef, salad and Baked Beans)

trr1

Berwyn - HQ1 (KLOM) forecast for Wednesday 2/7/24
Time (EST)​
Sky Conditions
Temperature (°F)
Feels Like (°F)
Dew Point (°F)
Humidity (%)
Wind Direction
Wind Speed (mph)
Precipitation Chance (%)
Precipitation Amount
(in.)
6 AM​
26​
26​
20​
78​
NNE​
3​
0​
None​
9 AM​
33​
33​
22​
64​
NNE​
3​
0​
None​
12 PM​
43​
43​
24​
47​
NNE​
3​
0​
None​
3 PM​
46​
46​
24​
42​
N​
3​
0​
None​
6 PM​
40​
40​
26​
57​
N​
LV​
0​
None​
9 PM​
35​
35​
26​
70​
SSW​
LV​
0​
None​
12 AM​
31​
31​
26​
82​
SSE​
LV​
0​
None​
3 AM​
29​
29​
25​
85​
SW​
LV​
0​
None​
Your 5 Day Forecast
Day​
Sky Conditions
Weather
High (°F)
Low (°F)
Humidity (%)
Winds (mph)
Precipitation Chance (%)
Precipitation Amount
(in.)
Wed​
Sunny​
46​
25​
54​
LV​
0​
None​
Thu​
Partly Cloudy​
50​
27​
57​
3​
0​
None​
Fri​
Partly Cloudy​
54​
34​
71​
4​
0​
None​
Sat​
Mostly Cloudy​
58​
39​
79​
5​
0​
None​
Sun​
Partly Cloudy​
54​
43​
64​
6​
0​
None​

Goofyernmost

I only do as much as they pay me.

same here, so not much 🤣
Funny thing, back when I was managing companies that is how I determined if someone was worth more than I was paying them already. In other words, that meant the pay didn't increase until they did what I considered worthy of more pay. So that way might just be counterproductive.

I think the thing is that it is easy to do a little extra if you like what you are doing. Unwanted advise... find what you like and work to get to that job. All jobs have their downside, but if you are doing something you like to do it is much easier to continue to grow and get to those places where the money isn't just minimum or close to it.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Berwyn - HQ1 (KLOM) forecast for Wednesday 2/7/24
Time (EST)​
Sky Conditions
Temperature (°F)
Feels Like (°F)
Dew Point (°F)
Humidity (%)
Wind Direction
Wind Speed (mph)
Precipitation Chance (%)
Precipitation Amount
(in.)
6 AM​
26​
26​
20​
78​
NNE​
3​
0​
None​
9 AM​
33​
33​
22​
64​
NNE​
3​
0​
None​
12 PM​
43​
43​
24​
47​
NNE​
3​
0​
None​
3 PM​
46​
46​
24​
42​
N​
3​
0​
None​
6 PM​
40​
40​
26​
57​
N​
LV​
0​
None​
9 PM​
35​
35​
26​
70​
SSW​
LV​
0​
None​
12 AM​
31​
31​
26​
82​
SSE​
LV​
0​
None​
3 AM​
29​
29​
25​
85​
SW​
LV​
0​
None​
Your 5 Day Forecast
Day​
Sky Conditions
Weather
High (°F)
Low (°F)
Humidity (%)
Winds (mph)
Precipitation Chance (%)
Precipitation Amount
(in.)
Wed​
Sunny​
46​
25​
54​
LV​
0​
None​
Thu​
Partly Cloudy​
50​
27​
57​
3​
0​
None​
Fri​
Partly Cloudy​
54​
34​
71​
4​
0​
None​
Sat​
Mostly Cloudy​
58​
39​
79​
5​
0​
None​
Sun​
Partly Cloudy​
54​
43​
64​
6​
0​
None​
Are the weather fools calling for a storm maybe Sunday/Monday through Tuesday maybe Wednesday. Up here anything from 1 to 3 to 8 to 12++++++ One of them may be correct:rolleyes: Of course none of them could be:cautious:

Lilofan

I only do as much as they pay me.
That's what some of my peers did and got the required work done. At year end some complained openly they only got a 2% raise. I hustled, volunteered for extra projects , stayed late at times . My bosses noticed and rewarded me with a 4% raise and I was happy. What was helpful was I contributed more into my 401K.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom