Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Our 3rd day of sun in a row after 2 weeks of clouds. Snow, however, is not in sight.

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office
Meanwhile in Cape Breton ….

IMG_5869.jpeg

IMG_5867.jpegIMG_5866.jpegIMG_5865.jpegIMG_5864.jpegIMG_5863.jpeg
IMG_5868.jpeg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I live on the second floor so instead of walking down the stairs. I can just slide down the snow. ;)

I had to look up what 100cm was and apparently its 3.3 feet.
100cm is 1m, which is slightly bigger than a yard. Of all metric measurements, I figured most Americans would understand metres because of the Olympics, which is why I didn’t do my usual conversion for y’all. 😂

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Blizzard of 78 was 46 years ago today. I wasn't even thought of yet.
I went to school that day. My class was in a portable about 50m away from the main school building. The snow was blinding. At one point, you couldn’t see your hand in front of your face. The teacher tied all of the scarves together and made us hold onto it as we were walked back into the building.

It was the only day in my entire 9 years of grade school that I remember being picked up from school.

Lilofan

Blizzard of 78 was 46 years ago today. I wasn't even thought of yet. We joke about the weather people getting everything wrong but this would not happen today.

View attachment 767082
Not exactly the same but a few years ago, a number of cars , trucks and their occupants were stuck and stranded for several days with no help when a snowstorm hit Northern VA in the Fredericksburg area. Apparently VA was poorly equipped to handle the snow fall in that region and the occupants lived in their cars and trucks on I-95 for several days before being rescued.

Last edited:

Songbird76

I went to school that day. My class was in a portable about 50m away from the main school building. The snow was blinding. At one point, you couldn’t see your hand in front of your face. The teacher tied all of the scarves together and made us hold onto it as we were walked back into the building.

It was the only day in my entire 9 years of grade school that I remember being picked up from school.
How long did it last? We had one in Wyoming in either 83 or 84 that lasted for 3 days. I was in first grade, I'm pretty sure, and I remember my mom coming to pick us up from school, and the wind was blowing so hard, I couldn't breathe and mom had to tell me to put my scarf over my mouth so the wind couldn't rush in. And we lost power for a while. I remember mom putting blankets over doors and windows to insulate more. One of our family friends died in that storm when he went to check on his horses and couldn't find his way back to his truck. When the storm ended, he was found just feet from it...it was really sad, because he had a little boy who was only 3 or 4 at the time who had to grow up without his father. Those storms are awful!!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
How long did it last? We had one in Wyoming in either 83 or 84 that lasted for 3 days. I was in first grade, I'm pretty sure, and I remember my mom coming to pick us up from school, and the wind was blowing so hard, I couldn't breathe and mom had to tell me to put my scarf over my mouth so the wind couldn't rush in. And we lost power for a while. I remember mom putting blankets over doors and windows to insulate more. One of our family friends died in that storm when he went to check on his horses and couldn't find his way back to his truck. When the storm ended, he was found just feet from it...it was really sad, because he had a little boy who was only 3 or 4 at the time who had to grow up without his father. Those storms are awful!!
I’m not sure. I actually think the Blizzard of 77 was worse here. Upon reflection and remembering which teacher it was that made us tie our scarves together (I was in a portable two years in a row), I think the memory I shared is actually from 77, not 78.

I had a female teacher in grade 5 and my first male teacher in grade 6. It was definitely the female teacher that led us back into the main school.

SteveBrickNJ

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Blizzard of 78 was 46 years ago today. I wasn't even thought of yet. We joke about the weather people getting everything wrong but this would not happen today.

View attachment 767082
I remember that storm! Lived near Interstate 95 here in MA, and the photos looked like the one you shared above, (from another part of the state). Governor declared state of emergency (I think for around 8 days or so). Delivery trucks had a tough time trying to get to communities with groceries, etc. As a result, I recall the MA National Guard helicopters bringing in milk, bread, and other staples -- they flew in helicopters, and landed on the high school football field. (Multiple town crews somehow managed to clear enough snow, so that the helicopters could land.)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I remember that storm! Lived near Interstate 95 here in MA, and the photos looked like the one you shared above, (from another part of the state). Governor declared state of emergency (I think for around 8 days or so). Delivery trucks had a tough time trying to get to communities with groceries, etc. As a result, I recall the MA National Guard helicopters bringing in milk, bread, and other staples -- they flew in helicopters, and landed on the high school football field. (Multiple town crews somehow managed to clear enough snow, so that the helicopters could land.)
Our town used school buses to take people to/from the grocery stores so pantries could be restocked. Schools were closed, of course!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom