Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

When do your schools go back, and how many breaks do you have throughout the school year?
We get:

4 in September/October: 2-3 days for the Jewish holidays and Columbus Day
5 in November: Election Day (schools are polling places), Veterans Day and 3 for Thanksgiving break
6 in December: Week between Christmas and New Years
1 in January: Martin Luther King Jr's birthday
5 in February: Midwinter break starts on Presidents' day
5 in March/April: Spring Break
1 in May: Memorial Day

For a grand total of 27 days

We start a couple days after Labor day and go thru the 3rd week in June.

PUSH

Original Poster
We get:

5 in November: Election Day (schools are polling places), Veterans Day and 3 for Thanksgiving break

I appreciate your very detailed answer. 😂

That's a lot more than we get. We start the day after Labor Day, and end the first week of June. We get:

1 in October (though we're about the only district that does)
2 in November: Thanksgiving Break
6ish in December between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
5 in March/April for Spring Break
Possibly 1 or 2 off in April if our Spring Break doesn't fall during Easter

So that's around 15-17 days off.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Do you guys still end regular education at the 11th grade, instead of the 12th like down here? If you do it is OK, it's just that based on recent events and activities it appears that we have learned very little in 12 years. Imagine how sad it would be if it were only 11.
High school goes to Grade 12, but many kids (almost ALL of the athletes) take a “victory lap”, which is essentially another semester or 2 to improve marks or play sports.

This means that they are generally 19 (or soon to be) when they go away to school, which is of course, the legal drinking age here.

JenniferS

We get:

My cousin, a teacher, just posted her school board’s schedule for next year on FB. All boards in Ontario are the same, with the exception of when they take the required PA Days.

48A9C5BB-BD99-48D2-AA9D-DE09C2BE835A.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We actually had a little rain early this morning. We haven't had any rain in weeks. The grass is all dried up, and it's been incredibly hot for the past three weeks, considering it's Wisconsin. The majority of our state is in a drought.

We haven't had any rain in our part of the state either. The only patches of green grass are in the spots that get a decent amount of shade. Those of course aren't the places where the dog likes to roll around. She, I guess, prefers the dry dead areas to roll so all the dry grass and leaves stick to her. All over her! It is like her fur is velcro and she just comes in all covered and of course is super pleased with herself so I can't yell at her. Instead I calmly comb out and pick out the debris, Yesterday she even had stuff inside her ears!

PUSH

Original Poster
We haven't had any rain in our part of the state either. The only patches of green grass are in the spots that get a decent amount of shade. Those of course aren't the places where the dog likes to roll around. She, I guess, prefers the dry dead areas to roll so all the dry grass and leaves stick to her. All over her! It is like her fur is velcro and she just comes in all covered and of course is super pleased with herself so I can't yell at her. Instead I calmly comb out and pick out the debris, Yesterday she even had stuff inside her ears!
My dog was not having any of it outside yesterday. I walked her around the house, and she was walking so slow and didn't want to be out there. She's much more of an indoor dog. She gets hot pretty easily, so she prefers the A/C.

JenniferS

My dog was not having any of it outside yesterday. I walked her around the house, and she was walking so slow and didn't want to be out there. She's much more of an indoor dog. She gets hot pretty easily, so she prefers the A/C.
Can’t keep Daisy inside except when she’s sleeping (which thankfully is a lot!) - rain, snow, blistering heat, she doesn’t care.

Not so good for me though, because I’m out with her 90% of the time. Still can’t find a way to contain Houdini in the backyard, so I tether her out front, which means I have to be there on the porch with her to ensure no one steals her.

I have the most amazing tan on my feet though.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sounds like me. :hilarious: (The last sentence, anyway.) I actually love being outdoors, but far prefer cold weather.

JenniferS

SteveBrickNJ

TBH, you guys are the ones clambering for it to be open. Even today, a slim majority of Canadians support it being closed a teeny bit longer.

It’s all about vaccination rates, of course.
You are not close with the restaurant owner or the balloon salesman at Niagara Falls are you? I suspect they are frustrated.

JenniferS

Well, better safe than sorry. A few more weeks, after dealing with this for so long (on both sides of the border) isn't pleasant, but it will probably be o.k.
As of yesterday, Canada reached 75/20!

75% of the population has received at least one dose, while 20% has been fully vaccinated.

We’re getting there quickly. One more month is not the end of the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom